• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Gay Festival

tickletorments1

TMF Regular
I live about 30 miles from Birmingham (uk) and don't go there very often.

We are revamping the kitchen and went to have a look around the various stores in town buying items bit by bit when we can afford.

You could not miss the fact that there was a gay/lesbian (and other groups)carnival / festival going on.

Some of the outfits in feathers and the feather boas worn by various genders would have been well like by some of our members.

We found out that being gay/ lesbian is illegal in some countries and holding hands with someone of the same gender is open to arrest.

Mainly estern block countries like bulgaria.

Thank god the uk and usa have in the main a more liberal outlook.

The atmosphere at this festival was electric and the warmth and friendship very apparent.

If any comments made here are pc incorrect iam sorry i mean no offence, iam straight and my female partner is bi.

Comments regarding how liberal your country or area is to this would be interesting.

This should have been a blog i guess but iam not an advanced member so can't raise a blog so posted in gen discussion

Last edited:
Thank god the uk and usa have in the main a more liberal outlook.

Hello Torments!

Yes, the UK and US have a more liberal outlook than other countries. We've come a long way regarding gay rights here in the US, but there is still a ways to go.

I am near what many people would consider a "gay Mecca", NYC. There is a singing/drag star here named Kevin Aviance. He performs in drag, and had a song on a major NYC radio station called "Give It Up"

In was in "The Village" in NYC, which is a known gay area, and he was attacked there, and had his jaw broken.

I'm in Northwest Florida, right near the Alabama line, and we are, as you might expect, not your typically "gay-friendly" sort of area. That said, every Memorial Day, thousands of gay and lesbian beachgoers flock to our beautiful beaches from all over the country. Needless to say, many locals crow about the crowds, but most are friendly folks, and bring some much-needed $'s to the area. Some, being from big cities like Chicago and elsewhere treat us all like yokels, and that's kinda irksome, but otherwise, I certainly have no problems with them coming and enjoying the place.

I do wonder, though: Is Memorial Day typically a big celebration for gays? And if so, how come that holiday? Genuinely curious, since apparently it's a big party across the pond, too. Then again, I don't suppose the UK has a similar Memorial Day as we do here.

I'm in Northwest Florida, right near the Alabama line, and we are, as you might expect, not your typically "gay-friendly" sort of area. That said, every Memorial Day, thousands of gay and lesbian beachgoers flock to our beautiful beaches from all over the country. Needless to say, many locals crow about the crowds, but most are friendly folks, and bring some much-needed $'s to the area. Some, being from big cities like Chicago and elsewhere treat us all like yokels, and that's kinda irksome, but otherwise, I certainly have no problems with them coming and enjoying the place.

I do wonder, though: Is Memorial Day typically a big celebration for gays? And if so, how come that holiday? Genuinely curious, since apparently it's a big party across the pond, too. Then again, I don't suppose the UK has a similar Memorial Day as we do here.

Thanks for the reply Rick.

Not sure what you mean by Memorial Day.

We have Rememberance Sunday, ( for the war dead) and Armestice Day. (eleventh hour of the eleventh day) and VE Day victory in europe.

Not specific or usual for a large gay turn out so far as i know.

Someone will probably come up with something to correct me.

I'm not sure about why you're area is getting an influx of gay people for Memorial Day. The only thing I can think of is that because it's considered the begining of the summer, the weekend has a bit of a "party' feel to it, and the next week starts June, which is Gay Pride Month.

I'm not sure about why you're area is getting an influx of gay people for Memorial Day. The only thing I can think of is that because it's considered the begining of the summer, the weekend has a bit of a "party' feel to it, and the next week starts June, which is Gay Pride Month.

Oh, it's like a tradition, here. They've been coming here for Memorial Day for as long as I can remember. I think that some of them just move from here on down to other parts of Florida, perhaps in one long party for Gay Pride Month? Not sure, but I "think" those gay days at Disney World are coming up soonish. If so, that might fit in with my hypothesis.

Not sure what you mean by Memorial Day.

We have Rememberance Sunday, ( for the war dead) and Armestice Day. (eleventh hour of the eleventh day) and VE Day victory in europe.

In the US, Memorial Day (last Monday of May) is the equivalent of Remembrance Day.

In the US, Memorial Day (last Monday of May) is the equivalent of Remembrance Day.

Thank you for the information, and excuse my ignorance.

In that case then the answer to Rick is that to the very best of my information our Rememberance day does not attract any significant rally or group attention by the gay/ lesbian groups.

Not sure, but I "think" those gay days at Disney World are coming up soonish. If so, that might fit in with my hypothesis.

According to the Disney site, May 31st to June 6th are Gay Days there, so it looks like you are right.

What's New

9/18/2024
If you need to report a post, the report button is on the lower left of it.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back