• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Gender Indicator

Ticklebug

TMF Novice
Small suggestion,

This is not a "content" request, but rather one of form, so I hope you consider this message posted to the appropriate forum.

Before I make this suggestions I would like to remind others and those to whom the suggestion is aimed, that I already see the big picture, and appreciate all that you are already doing. Thank you.

Now for the suggestion…

In the members profiles there should be (or it would be nice if there were) a gender parameter, especially in the main screen listing all the members.

I realize that
1) This is not the "personals" section"
2) I also realize that what few women enter and hang around are often bombarded into leaving. I apologize for men’s hunger and lack of (or expressed desire for an excess of) restraint. However it would still be nice to see, quickly, unequivocally what woman are here, posting, (available?!). Some of the member’s names are gender obvious. Most, or at least many, are not gender obvious. This gender qualification is such an integral part of our psyche that I doubt a thousands years of political correctness will purge its bulging head.

I think a gender indicator (whether it be the classic symbols, or a font , or a color) would do more good than harm, and could always be un-done at the request of a poll, or the obvious exodus of female members. If such a giant sucking sound were to occur (that’s what I’m thinking too!) than perhaps gender anonymity would be better and could be re-instated.

BTW, I wish all instant messaging, membership roles, personals etc, had this feature,, at least as on option, To be honest, gender is the number one qualifier of who a person is. You may forget a persons occupation, age, name, hopefully, their race, but I don’t think I would ever ever forget someone’s gender. It’s THAT biologically important. Why should it be excluded from any gathering of humans?

Ticklebug

My first thought was that if this feature were implemented, it'd only be fair to include a "None of your damn business" option -- but then, of course, anyone who chose that option would be assumed to be female. (I've even had some people ask me if I'm male or female, even though it doesn't say "Penwoman" over there.)

But, Ticklebug, I've met some women online who deliberately chose gender-neutral screen names so they wouldn't be IM'd into oblivion. I don't think it's fair, or beneficial to the forum, to force them to reveal themselves. After all -- why, is that a soapbox to stand on? Thank you -- since privacy is being eroded around the Net and in the real world every day, I'd hate to see this group contribute further to that erosion. If you really need evidence of the feminine touch (so to speak) here, there are those threads about female ticklephiles you'll find further down the page ...

Last edited:
There is a poll in the polls section (Are you male or female). It just asks if you are a male or female with no username attached. Just give to give a general idea of how many males and females are on TMF.

(P.S.-please cast your vote for the celebrity tickling tournament!)

Ticklebug,

You have a valid request by all means, but it is not feasable. I would be very much against having to choose a gender if I just wanted to remain neutral. The best counter-request that I can make to you is that when you post kindly encourage imput from women. If they want to come out, they will.

The last thing we want to happen is to alienate the women that are already here and official members eventhough their screen-names may not be gender obvious.

Keep in mind that the TMF world looks slightly different from a female perspective...

TicklingIsLife,
Just so you know, polls are deceiving and can easily be inflated or all together ignored. I personally do not trust polls. Just some food for thought (I don't mean to rain on your parade).😉

Door 44 Productions
What's New

9/24/2024
Clips4Sale is where to be for the webs largest fetish clip selection!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back