• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Geocaching, anyone?

Flatfoot

2nd Level Orange Feather
Have any of you ever done this, before? My sister just visited us and got us hooked on it. For those who don't know what it is, it's kind of like "treasure-hunting".

There's a website (http://www.geocaching.com), where you can register, and people will post geocaches with GPS coordinates. You can take these coordinates, and search for geocaches that other people have hidden in various places throughout the world. A "geocache" is typically a small, water-proof container that will contain a logbook/logsheet. If you find it, you sign the logbook, return the geocache to where you found it, and then post online to which ones you've found.

As far as the treasure-hunting aspect, some are bigger than others, and can contain various items that people will place in the geocache that you can take when you find them. However, the rule is that if you take an item from a geocache, you should put another item of equal or greater value in its place.

Some can be very difficult to find, and for the hardcore geocachers, they can be hidden in really elaborate places that may require rock-climbing equipment, SCUBA gear, etc. It reminds me a little bit of the movie National Treasure, and the ending to the Shawshank Redemption where Morgan Freeman finds the box Tim Robbins hid for him.

It's a pretty cheap hobby to get into, aside from the cost of a GPS (although my wife downloaded a free app her Blackberry that allows us to plot the coordinates.), and gas. If you're getting out and walking, though, you don't have to worry as much about that, and you're engaging in a little physical activity.

I've wanted to do it for about five years and just never got around to doing it. I've always thought it would be an awesome way to see the country if I'd hit the lottery. Just get some friends, and travel, stopping at Geo sites in all the towns across the country, take pictures and put it all into a scrap book.

I've wanted to do it for about five years and just never got around to doing it. I've always thought it would be an awesome way to see the country if I'd hit the lottery. Just get some friends, and travel, stopping at Geo sites in all the towns across the country, take pictures and put it all into a scrap book.

Shoot, it's easy! You don't even need lots of money or complicated travel just to get initially involved with it. The first one we found was in the park right across the street from us. We got stumped looking for a few down the street that we still haven't found, but looking for them keeps us busy and it's fun!

What's New

9/20/2024
Clips4Sale offers the most tickling clips in one place on the entire web.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back