• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

George A Romero's Dead Films Diary of The Dead

Mr.Teehehe

TMF Regular
I just watched this movie last night. I loved the way that the movie was shot through out the whole film all the way through. Classic style of going back to the older films even the black and white movies like Night of the living dead. A true romero masterpiece he's one of the true icon horror directors of horror movies. Where most horror movies are pure garbage. He can even on a strict low budget like Dawn of the dead the 1987 version. He can pull off horror well and is a real icon and true to the craft of horror films. Romero has a real key sharp sense and eye for details and how he wants it shot and done in what ever zombie film that he directs low budget like Dawn of the dead or studio driven budget like Land of the dead. A great movie i enjoyed it anyways and the classic slow walking steady pace zombies that any zombie buff knows and comes to love. And the special features every special feature on the dvd was worth watching. Repeated viewings even.

5 / 5 Stars :super_hap:super_hap

For me anyways it was

I really need to check that out. I have been meaning to. I loved the Romero zombie films. He really knew how to make shambling zombies scary and a threat. Dawn of the Dead is on my all time favorite list of films.

I thought it was pretty decent as well. A lot of people seem to disagree on this one. It really doesn't focus that much on the zombies this time. It's more about the emotional state of the people doing the filming.

I need to get around to that one as well. I'm hearing mostly good things about it, from people who's opinions I value.

Dawn of the Dead is on my all time favorite list of films.

Mine also FeatherDaemon :happy:

The remake version of Dawn of the Dead just doesn't hold Romero's movie to justice. Although the remake of the movie was good and i enjoyed it. You just can't beat romero's take on zombies 😉 That's why he is a true horror icon to the horror genre.

It really doesn't focus that much on the zombies this time. It's more about the emotional state of the people doing the filming.

That's why i enjoyed it and thought it was a brilliant way to shot the film for that reason. Viewing through the lens of the camera's and the camera's take on how things were taking place as everything around them went into chaos. Homage to the zombie films where they haven't yet found out what's going on and why people are suddenly dying and then walking around even after there confirmed dead :ggrin:

Dawn is still my favorite of the series as well. I own just about every cut of it, including some poorly mastered Korean release I managed to get a hold of a while back. The new Dawn didn't cut it for me either. The movie was okay but it was only named Dawn of the Dead to cash in on the name. It would have stood well enough on it's own. My main peeve with the new Dawn and with the 28 Days/Weeks movies are the birth of the Olympic sprinter zombie!

I wish they'd have given Diary a theatrical release(even a limited one). I would have loved to catch it like that. I suppose after the (overall) disaster that was Land of the Dead, he didn't merit the risk. I'm still hoping that maybe one of the local theaters will show it as a midnighter near Halloween.

You gotta give Romero props for the modern take on the zombie genre. His Night of the Living Dead was a landmark film in that respect. I'm with you guys in that Dawn of the Dead is my favorite of them all. The sprint-zombies in the remake are abit nonsensical. If i have one issue with Romero's whole zombie concept, it's the idea that the zombies can "learn". We saw him attempt this concept with both Day and Land, and I find it just as preposterous as the sprint zombies in the remake.

Yes that's true. The original premise was that zombies are reduced to base instinct due to degradation of the brain cells. If that is the case, how do they suddenly gain the capacity to learn? If their tissue is for all purposes dead they should not be able to regrow dead brain matter to enable "learning". I can understand the plausibility of residual memory such as Bud using a gun in Day of the Dead. But to actually learn in mass seems outside the scope of what is already established in previous films. Notice that in Diary the rotters no longer exhibit that same aptitude for learning that Land presented. It could have been as overlooked or underdeveloped point since Diary focused more on the live people than the dead ones, but it could also be that he realized the learning zombie just doesn't fit after he made Land.

Dawn is still my favorite of the series as well. I own just about every cut of it, including some poorly mastered Korean release I managed to get a hold of a while back.

Very interesting and a true horror fan :happy:

Just how many cut's of Dawn of the Dead do you own?

6 or 7 I believe. I'll have to dig them out of my cabinet tomorrow and check.

I have:
Original Theatrical release on VHS.
A burn of the Original Theatrical release on DVD. (couldn't find a real copy at the time)
Divimax Edition - release just before the new Dawn of the Dead movie came out.
The Ultimate Collection which contains-
-Original Theatrical Release
-European Realease
-Extended Version
And I have a bad Korean copy of the Original Theatrical Release that is so badly mastered it won't play all the way through. I bought this back when I was looking for the out of print original.

What's New

9/20/2024
Clips4Sale offers the most tickling clips in one place on the entire web.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back