• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Ghost Shows on TV - WTF?!?

Dr. Bill Kobb

Level of Cherry Feather
There's at least four shows on different TV channels devoted to goobers wandering around in the dark trying to talk to or otherwise discover evidence of these supposed entities. I just don't get the appeal. Do that many people really believe in ghosts in this country? I can understand a channel like SciFi(the fuck if I will spell it with a 'y') having a show or three like this, but what the hell is up with some of the more fact-based channels hosting this garbage?

I love me some bad horror and science-fiction movies as much as the rest of the world, but damn it, don't stand there with your goofy contraption and try to sell me on this nonsense! I just do not understand the appeal of this crap, except to the channels, which undoubtedly find them cheap to produce for all the gullible idiots out there.

Not true, ghosts are real, I had several ghostly encounters when I first moved into my house

(facepalm)

Have you considered inviting some of these "experts" out to your home to help root out your paranormal infestation?

Nope, but I don't relly like the scifi channel's ghost shows, now ghost adventures is better, they have special equipment that sees and hears ghosts

Yeah. Please explain how those devices "see and hear" ghosts?

Well, I don't believe in most of the stuff I see on the SciFi network (I hate that they added the "Y" too) but I do believe in ghosts and psychics.

I had an experience with a psychic that was very cool, and my friend had a very odd experience that was "ghostly".

I don't mind sharing, if people want to hear it, but I don't want to assume and then bore people.

Speaking as a "gullible idiot," apparently...

I do believe in ghosts and all that, however I do think the television craze is ridiculous. It's too much, trying to take all of this technology and prove they're there and LOOK THERE'S A HEAT SIGNATURE, THAT'S A GHOST or WHOA DID YOU HEAR THAT, THAT'S A GHOST--no. Just no. You can't take looking for a spirit and try to turn it into a science, because that's just it: spirit. Spiritual, not scientific.

People are going to believe what they want to believe. Making it all complicated and "serious," I guess is the word, with all these little gadgets and shoving how hard you're trying to prove it in the faces of skeptics is just foolish and silly.

I have to butt in again - how do you know when something is "spiritual" if it's not scientific, which is to say, rooted in tangible reality?

Another way to ask this question, perhaps more understandable and possibly offensive - how do you know you're not just batshit crazy / being tricked by your brain when you have an "experience" with the "spiritual"? The reason we invented science in the first place is because humans are incredible fallible and prone to mental failure.

My position is this:

Ghosts do exist and if there are bad ghosts out there why would you go looking for them like poking a bear or hornets nest with a stick?

I have to say that I like the name change to SyFy because it emphasizes the fact that you're going to find damn little science there, which has long been the case for the SciFi channel. :stickout

I personally think of SyFy as shorthand for silly and frilly. :lol

I guess I just don't get the appeal. I mean, even assuming there ARE such beings - the shows are dull and frankly quite silly.

I'll tune in to these shows not so much for the "ghosts" but more for the locations that they choose. I do like the old buildings and hearing the history behind them.

You've got me there, FD. I do love that element of those shows. Even then though - they tend to go full circus on the viewer while trying to ramp up the lurid details. I suppose it boils down to belief or not. As one who has never had anything remotely supernatural/otherworldly/etc occur beyond the sheer miracle of just being alive, I have never been shown anything that couldn't easily have been rigged/faked/etc.

I really shouldn't be ragging on those ghost-hunt shows considering some of my TV selections of late. :1:

I'm still waiting for some good visual footage that shows proof. Something that could be a door slamming, could be a moan, could be knocking or footsteps just doesn't cut it as proof for me. And those voice recordings they claim to get. Without the subtitles they could sound like anything you want them to imo. I think the only real proof people will ever have on whether or not spirits/ghosts exist are their personal beliefs.

The unexplained phenomenon that people use as 'proof' in their defense of the existence of ghosts and spirits is just that; unexplained.

TAPS is a huge hit so the cigar-smoking 'suits' have to have a dozen clone shows...

They had one of those shows on 'CN REAL', about the time they decided to Axe Toonami and go from Cartoon Network to Corporate... Nutjobs. From what I saw, it was a bunch of Idiot Kids playing Flashlight Tag in a Derilict house.

And my thoughts of those shows are reflected niceley in that Southpark Episode. You know, the one where Ike is posessed by the Ghost of Michael Jackson.

I'm kinda of the same as a few of the above posters, I love learning the history behind the places they go to. They could focus on just that for the whole show and I couldn't be happier.

The history is nice but the effects are so staged it isn't funny. When you put electronic hinges on doors to make them move by themselves its generally a good idea NOT TO SHOW THEM while your filming. LOL.

I don't know if ghost exist but i question the TV shows that always seem to conveniently get a reaction after five minutes in to the investigation.:sleep1:

for me, ghost shows are like wrestling shows. i know they are very fake, but i watch them anyway out of entertainment value. Although you won't catch me watching wrestling.

They even have a local show here stationed in Jacksonville, Fl. that's wildly popular, searching all the all landmarks here for ghosts, and it's hilariously fake compared to the nationwide shows.

A. EVERY location they visit is (supposedly) haunted. Every single one for some reason.

B. They play the most garbled, static filled audio, and try to prove it's a spooky message from beyond the grave, and they do this 50 times an episode.

C. They're only claim to fame if a shadow on a seat in the Florida Theater. big whoop. it's garnered them nationwide attention and it's crap, really.

for me, ghost shows are like wrestling shows. i know they are very fake, but i watch them anyway out of entertainment value..

Wrestling is FAKE????? :scared

(Gasp!)
Balderdash! Shame on you! How dare you malign the Great American Sport! :13:

Anyhoo, I saw a catalog of ghost-hunting equipment: EMF meters, EVP recorders, etc etc....Heard there's thousands of real life ghost-hunting groups in America, people emulating TAPS etc It sounds like fun to me...

What's New

9/26/2024
The TMF Chatroom is always busy and its free1
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back