• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Greetings from jolly old London!

David.s said:
Well only about 1/10 of the Brits living in London are Muslims, so I'm not sure how you've managed to avoid the other 90% of us Drew. 😉 Although I suppose you are in the city centre. I hope you enjoy your time here anyway.

Bellystrokes is right you know – try not to get up to no good and cause an international incident over here, you don’t want to need a Barrister after getting banged up for a fortnight by the filth cause you were nicked in the nip by a bobby catching you tickle-cheating on your trouble and strife with some cracking Julie in the tower. And stick to the right (or left) side of the road, we don’t want you crashing into Buckingham palace, Gaaaawd bless the Royal family. Remember to steer clear of the lorries on dual carriageways and try not to run over too many sleeping policemen too. Navigating the redroutes might prove ruddy tricky actually so you might want to just hop on a double decker. Or you could suss out how to use the tube instead. You could even try walking, although the weather’s getting jolly shirty at the moment so you should probably take a brolly in case it starts pitching it down by whilst you’re wandering about billy no mates. And if you start feeling peckish then could always try out a Yorkshire pudding, chip buttie or fried mars bar – absolutely spiffing – although you might need to spend some time spending a penny on the loo afterwards. And that’s no pork pie and a bag of trout.

Okay, I’m done. Cor blimey.

LOL David.Just proves Bernard Shaw right,the English and Americans are one people divided by a common language.(Puts on my Saville Row suit and strolls past Buckingham,tipping my hat to Her Majesty.

Cockney's?..........

.....only good for one thing, forming a crowd outside Buckingham Palace.

I cant believe all you Americans! making fun of the UK, what have I ever done to deserve such treatment???

red indian said:
.....only good for one thing, forming a crowd outside Buckingham Palace.

I cant believe all you Americans! making fun of the UK, what have I ever done to deserve such treatment???
Shall we answer him gang? 😀 😛

Splendid touch there, Sir Bug

bugman said:
Let me list the ways.Damn i dont have that much paper on hand.....

Oh, that's even funnier, enlisting the Bard himself...
:jester:

Say hi to Jonmath and Kittentoes while your there!

I haven't done a lot of sight seeing the last couple of days.

I've been working about 10 hours a day on this project.

Sunday evening I went to bed at about 12:30 am and woke up 5:00

am, feeling completely rested. Monday evening I was really

draggining and went to bed right after dinner, at 10:30 PM. I

woke up, thinking I had overslept. I looked at the clock and it

said 01:58! {ô¿ô} I couldn't get back to

sleep so I watched British TV for the rest of the evening. I

find myself starting to pick up a little bit of the accent and

phrases. I no longer ask for a restroom, but rather a toilet.

I find myself using descriptive words like "swimmingly," (though

not in reference to any activity involving toilets. 😀 )

I'm staying at near the Tower Bridge station. Each moring I

take the Dockland Light Rail (DLR) to Westferry, where I change

trains and then finally disembark altogether at South Quay

(pronounced "key"). I'm amazed at the city life that involves no cars and relying totally on public transportation. At times it is quite crowded.

I'm going to ride the big Ferris Wheel tomorrow.

Blimey, you have been kept busy 😛

Are you taking any piccies of your trip?

How long are you staying for?

Just remember Drew................WE STILL WANT TO HAVE GOOD RELATIONS WITH EUROPE!!!!!!! :shake:

"Big Ferris Wheel"???............I think you mean "The London Eye"......dear oh dear,........... Septics!!

Babbles said:
Oh, that's even funnier, enlisting the Bard himself...
:jester:

We do the best we can.Bows to the crowd and accepts their accolades.😉

bugman said:
I envy you Drew,i hope to visit Olde London Towne before i leave this world.

The Tower,the Museum of Natural History,the Imperial War Museum,Westminster Abbey,i could go on and on.....

Ditto these sentiments. I wanna go too! Need a travel companion?

Drew, hope your project is going/went well, that you get to see lots more of the sights and see/meet people from TMF or no, and get home safely.

red indian said:
"Big Ferris Wheel"???............I think you mean "The London Eye"......dear oh dear,........... Septics!!
Blimey mate, no need to get all knackered over it. London Eye, it is! Unfortunately for me, I worked 12 hours today, and consequently the Eye will have to wait. Perhaps I'll bring a bottle of Visine. :blaugh:

very impressed with your improving vocabulary me old china! "knackered"....very roast beef indeed!....gore blimey, strike a light, lummy lawks!

storyteller said:
Ditto these sentiments. I wanna go too! Need a travel companion?

Drew, hope your project is going/went well, that you get to see lots more of the sights and see/meet people from TMF or no, and get home safely.

It would be my honor and pleasure to be your companion on such a journey my dear.😀

Wish I were there.

Last time I was there, my favorite places were the Imperial war Museum, The British Museum, the remains of Hadrian's Wall, and the Royal naval Dockyard at Portsmouth.
But then, I'm a history freak.
About halfway across Hadrian's wall there is a place where a small church has been built over the line where the wall used to run, up on top of a hill. The church is also a ruin now, but if you stand in the northeast corner of the old churchyard and look out to the north, you see what may just be the most beautiful vista of wild, untamed natural beauty on earth. Seeing that magnificent view was one of the things that convinced me that there must indeed be a living God who created it all.
I hope they leave you some t5ime to enjoy.
Just beware of their breakfasts; kippers and eggs or bangers and mashed will send your cholesterol and sodium through the freakin' ROOF!
Mitch
aka

Blimey! well done tank, you went to the Imperial war museum, you have joined the small band of Americans who are forced to admit that you did not fight WW2 all by yourselves!.....its no doubt a sobering experience.

bugman said:
It would be my honor and pleasure to be your companion on such a journey my dear.😀

Sounds good! You know, Isabeau said she'd like to go too. MasterTank1 sounds as if he's up for another trip. Bet drew would be too (after he catches up on his sleep!) Slap'n'tickle, theshire, and red indian--among many others--already live in Merry Ole England. Maybe we should think about a future TMF Atlantic crossing. Of course, I'm a little financially challenged at the moment, but I'm a history buff too. Lots of things I want to see in England. I'll start with London though. Maybe we could get some special rates on tickets and hotels if a group was interested in going together. Any travel agents out there with input?

red indian said:
Blimey! well done tank, you went to the Imperial war museum, you have joined the small band of Americans who are forced to admit that you did not fight WW2 all by yourselves!.....its no doubt a sobering experience.

Maybe if Jenny Jerome Churchill hadn't been an American we wouldn't consider Winston to be one too (half still counts! :blaugh: ) Then, perhaps "we" wouldn't think "we" fought it all by ourselves :idunno:

Really though. Have you actually met Americans who hold such views? That, to me, is far more sobering. Didn't they EVER attend a class on 20th-C history? So sorry you've been exposed to so many stateside jerks!

drew, those of us who are envious of your current whereabouts hope you get some sleep and time to enjoy some more of the sights, sounds, tastes, etc. And, then tell us about them! 🙂

storyteller said:
drew, those of us who are envious of your current whereabouts hope you get some sleep and time to enjoy some more of the sights, sounds, tastes, etc. And, then tell us about them! 🙂
Here's some observations just from a few days of living in working in the city. In the morning when I leave the hotel to walk to the light rail station, the sidewalks are packed with people. I'm reminded of high school in between classes when the halls would fill with people on their way to other classes. That's what the streets are like at 8:00 am.

Elevators (lifts) are tiny. It says no more than 10 people in a lift, but they pack out at 5. They are like small closets. But they are very efficient.

I noticed when I was purchasing a weekly rail pass, a rather pretty woman came up next to me and asked the attendant, "Where are the TOILETS?" Not restrooms or bathrooms. Toilets. The bathroom in my hotel room is interesting. There is a seperate room for the toilet, and the tank is hidden behind the wall. You just have the toilet bowl sticking out of the back wall and a handle to flush. The bathroom has a bathtub and shower combination, but nothing I'd ever seen before. One end of the tub is bulged outwardly. The shower curtain forms a very narrow cylinder of space, with is partly defined by that bulge. The shower head is actually removable and hand held if you like. The default position is at waist level, pointing straight toward the other end of the tub, where there is a towel rack. I have to move the two towels so they don't get wet during my shower. To top it all off, the tub/shower floor is about 8 inches above the bathroom floor.

I'm not complaining about any of this, I just find it fascinating to compare the differences between American and British cultures. As one of my colleagues pointed out during lunch yesterday, "Man, we must be total wussies. Even the chicks drink beer for lunch, here." :blaugh:

Hopefully, I'll find something more interesting to write about come saturday.

Top stuff Drew! keep it coming, i love all this comparing of stuff both sides of the pond.

Yes you are right about the blunt attitude we have to "rest rooms", round my way someone is more likely to ask you where they can find " the bog". Its a very US thing all this squeamishness about "toilets".

You are right about the alcohol consumption over here as well, its high! and getting higher, our laws relating to booze have always been much more liberal than the states and have recently been relaxed even further. We are a nation of "piss heads" (drunks).

A good place to go would be Greenwich. Look around the Royal Naval College and the halls and the chapel. Some superb art there. I wouldn't wanna stroll around the park in this stormy weather unless you want to be blown away into a tree. Walking along the docks of the River Thames is quite nice. Try to avoid places like Bermondsey or Peckham. Many lousy good-for-nothings dwell there.

And one word of advice: Don't insult the English in front of gangs of Burberry-wearing types, unless you value the use of your bones...

red indian said:

Great museum there Do they still have the one Blitz exhibit? You paid a Quid (this was back in early 1990) and went in this small room that was a simulation of the underground Then it would start shaking like bombs going off on the streets above you and voices would be played like there were a lot of different,fearful people in the room with you Very sobering

Great idea...

That would be great :bouncybou :Kiss1:

storyteller said:
Sounds good! You know, Isabeau said she'd like to go too. MasterTank1 sounds as if he's up for another trip. Bet drew would be too (after he catches up on his sleep!) Slap'n'tickle, theshire, and red indian--among many others--already live in Merry Ole England. Maybe we should think about a future TMF Atlantic crossing. Of course, I'm a little financially challenged at the moment, but I'm a history buff too. Lots of things I want to see in England. I'll start with London though. Maybe we could get some special rates on tickets and hotels if a group was interested in going together. Any travel agents out there with input?

General Zod said:
Great museum there Do they still have the one Blitz exhibit? You paid a Quid (this was back in early 1990) and went in this small room that was a simulation of the underground Then it would start shaking like bombs going off on the streets above you and voices would be played like there were a lot of different,fearful people in the room with you Very sobering

Didn't see that one when I went recently, but the D-Day and Holocaust experiences are two of the most sobering things I've ever seen, gives a real sense of perspective.

What's New

9/26/2024
The TMF Chatroom is always busy and its free1
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back