• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Gymnast Tickle

Fairfeather

TMF Regular
Hey! It's SuperBowl Sunday...and here's my tickling sports alternative. 😀

I've always been intrigued by tickling scenarios in which the ticklee isn't necessarily tied up, but is so engaged in other things that he/she is helpless to respond anyway. I figured gymnasts would make a good subject matter since they are usually going barefoot anyway. This was a fun idea to put together but it did prove to be a bit of a challenge for my rather limited storyboarding and figure drawing skills.

Yes...yes..all gymnasts depicted are 18 or over.

No actual gymnasts were harmed in the drawing of this cartoon. 😀

GymnasticToon.jpg

eXcelent stuff fairfeather. even though im not into feet the style & story rock. you must have a LOT of patience to get the lines coloured like that, what prog do you use?

Remarkable, refreshing, memorable!

... Liked it! 😀 😀 😀

Four thumbs up.

Excellent drawings and a cute concept - thanks

Hahaha, awesome! Though I can't help but feel a little bad for the poor girl. She deserves to get a measure of revenge 😀

One Tk fantasy after another coming to life courtesy of FairFeather! What a man, what a man, what a mighty good man!

Rxx

tklr5150Hee..hee. I would love to see her get some measure of revenge against the opposing team too....just takes so long to conceptualize and then draw. My hat is off to people who illustrate comics and graphic novels full time. It's not easy to be sure.

Kalamos I love your new signature! I must get off my lazy bum and make one.

kingmidrif I basically use a combination of Illustrator and CorelDraw to do the linework, text, and broad areas of color. I then import the art into PhotoShop for gradients, shading, special effects. It's not hard to color the linework in a vector application. It's drawing the linework itself with bezier tools that takes forever.
There is a way to color linework in Photoshop which involves isolating it in it's own alpha channel and then reloading into the artwork on it's own layer.. Then you could paint it without effecting what was underneath. It's been a while since I did it. I seem to remember it was time-consuming in it's own right too.

tkrexx Aww shucks! :blush: 😀

By the way...I like belly-button tickling also. Must do a proper picture when time permits. 😀

PlaneTicklish.jpg

thats a excelent throw of a paper aeroplane,
wow, even your quick scetches are great. yup you gotta do more of that, it would be world damaging not too😀

very cute, i liked it a lot, as usual! keep up the good work, i look foward to every new post!

~clair

Devilishly good, and an embodiment of the competitive bitchiness of an American gymnast/cheerleader/etc. Hey, it is the truth, right? They need to be put in their place!

Hey!...good point grippedchimp. Nobody likes cheerleaders....not even other cheerleaders. They might make good material for a tickle thread. However, it probably won't be until next weekend before I can get to it.

CHEERTHREAD.gif

Fairfeather,

Our hat's off to you on another cool pic!

I know what you mean about the time involved. I do all the color work and lettering on the VU projects in photoshop. I do color holds a couple of different ways depending on the complexity. You can do a sinple fill to change it making sure to adjust the bleed.

For a more complex one I take it to another level. Our problem is in the degridation of the line art. FTKL hand inks the page on 11 X 17 then reduces it to 8 1/2 X 11. He scans it at 400 dpi then e-mails the file. Even with altering the contrast the fine lines can cause problems when you need to seperate the image. It absolutely eats up time, especially when you're looking at 10-12 pages.

Keep up the good work

BZ Tickler

Thanks BZ. My experience with print is very limited, but I find the dichotomy between publishing art on the web, and on the printed page quite stark indeed. You can put up a jpeg image on a server and odds are that anywhere on the planet, depending on monitor resolution and age, it'll look pretty much the same. Yet, you can take a simple Pagemaker file around the block to your local printer, and odds are you'll get a phone call the next day saying the text on page four is completely hosed...and what the hell typeface is that anyway?
Plus it's my understanding that these vector programs I'm so fond of create a real color trapping nightmare for printers although I don't pretend to understand all the details. And color seps?…oh my God.

So oh yeah....😀 you guys have my admiration in more ways than one. Just writing and staging the story, deciding what to edit in or out, and keeping line, color and character consistency must be a major battle unto itself. Let alone dealing with the mechanics of getting it four color separated and printed.

Thanks very much for the kind words

Yeah, that's why we don't actually print anythuing. Doing e-comics on the web is the best way to get a small press comic made in color. Color printing is way too expensive to be profitable. Especially long term. Most printing companies have minimum runs that are so high it would take forever to sell them off. Meantime most of your free cash is tied up in the run. It's just not worth it.

E-comcis makes the whole thing profitable. The more sucessful we are allows us to be able to branch out morre to produce more product. The success of VU has directly helped make Adventures in Time possible.

Keep the faith, and keep up the work. It's looking really good.

BZ Tickler

-> Fairfeather

Glad you liked my sig pic. 🙂

Made it with snippets from my tk art.

Now, they are right! Your pencil sketches deserve a full fledged thread, not just a single post. 😀

I nearly lost it, among the posts, while it was loading! 😀

What about setting up [at least!] a Yahoo group?

Reg's and congrat's!

Thanks again BZ 🙂

Kalamos...oh I agree. I would love to get more sketches drawn and up and the signature image made....just seems I'm always fighting the clock to get things done. My kingdom for more time! 😀

Not to worry...I'll get there eventually. 😉

Fairfeather,

Thanks for the compliment AND for the awesome pics you've been posting. And, believe me, I hear you on the 'My kingdom for more time' thing. You, however, have made great use of your time, judging from your artwork!

Peace!
FTKL

I'm guessing a majority of cheerleaders choose Tonya Harding as their all-time heroine, right? 😛

What's New

9/21/2024
Visit the TMF Welcome forum and take a second to say hello to us!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back