• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Hardcore Scientist Overlord Builds an Armored Suit With Assisting Bionics

Garr1

TMF Poster
Conal Mc Beth, also known as Dr. Holocaust on stage, performer, comic book author, science promoter, physicist, computer programmer, and electronics engineer builds a steel armored hybrid powered limb suit that uses motors controlled by switches built into the suit that respond to his muscle movement. The switches are designed not only to switch on current but to flip the electrical terminals from the DC lithium ion battery in reverse orientation to reverse the polarity of the current in case the pilot wants to move the suit in reverse direction. The suit also carries a spinning assembly of metallic tubes powered by an electric motor that demonstrate the possibility of armored suits being used to carry automatic Gatling Guns. The images of the powered suit can be found below:

drholocaust.png

drholocaust2.png

drholocaust3.png

In related news, a Japanese Scientist, Dr. Yoshiyuki Sankai builds a similar powered suit. The full story can be found at the following link:

http://thefutureofthings.com/pod/5701/hal-robot-suit.html

HAL-Robot-Suit_medium.jpg

The Japanese automation and robotics giant Sakakibara-Kikai also builds robotic limbs but this time in the form of a land-walker. The full story can be read at the following link:

http://www.gizmag.com/go/4004/

4004_4050532634.jpg

Though building suits like this might seem fun, they can also be extremely dangerous since large amounts of electrical and mechanical power need to be used. If the suit is not insulated correctly, it could cause electric arcs to form between the metal plates and the circuitry which could burn the operator alive, and if the operator's skin touches an exposed live wire, they could be electrocuted. Also, the circuits controlling the motors must be very carefully inspected so that the motors' power outputs are carefully regulated. If the motors turn the limbs in a position they cannot be moved to, or if there is a sudden surge in power, it could tear the person's muscles and ligaments apart, or it could break their bones. The robots were also placed within safety lines during public demonstrations since a sudden accidental swing of the limbs could strike the observers and cause serious injury such as head concussions and crushed ribs. It just goes to show that industrial robotics is definitely not child's play and this is further demonstrated by Conal's dangerous gimmicks which include the use of a fast spinning assembly of metal tubes which could snap fingers if they came in close contact or scrape flesh and the use of a Tesla globe which can be seen on the chest of the suit which, being powered by a built in inverter-transformer power supply delivering 1,000V of electricity runs the globe and runs the risk of electrical shock, electrical arcs, and arc explosions.

Last edited:
wow sounds intriguing, but also a bit dangerous..thoughts of Terminators come to mind..

I have to ask how helping disabled people reminds you of Terminator. What, are you afraid quadriplegics are going to take over the world?

No no no... These tiny powered exoskeletons are too... Practical!

Take the same technology and scale it up until we have a 30 meter frame!

I have to ask how helping disabled people reminds you of Terminator. What, are you afraid quadriplegics are going to take over the world?

ooo so silly of me..i didn't read the actual links he had posted..well color me blind. and of course not..we have a factory right here in Huntington which makes artificial limbs for quadriplegics..o and i also didn't realize the use of these limbs..i thought well..i don't know what i thought..sue me for skimming..

i thank you though for your concern.

Last edited:
this isn't a real post, just an advertisement of sorts.

His age, gender and preference are just periods, all signs that this is just some automatic posting program.

Last edited:

His age, gender and preference are just periods, all signs that this is just some automatic posting program.

Who..Garr?

I assure you sir that I am not a program but a sentient intelligence merely relaying information about robots for the sake of disseminating news about scientific advances. And to answer Isabeau's question, the limbs are not only to help disabled people but are also being used in weapons development programs in developed countries to equip soldiers with armored battle suits or perhaps with remote controlled attack robots. The Mecanolith built by Dr. Conal Mc Beth and the robot built by Sakakibara-Kikai are meant to demonstrate the feasibility of robots as weapons platforms.

aha then i was right..it could be like a terminator thingie..

In this case, it's humans wearing the robots (Exoskeleton). In Terminator, it's Ahnuld wearing the human. (I'm a cybernetic organism. Living tissue over metal endoskeleton.)

You're only half-right. Like Skynet, Garr has become sentient. :lol

I assure you sir that I am not a program but a sentient intelligence merely relaying information about robots for the sake of disseminating news about scientific advances.

See? Notice how he didn't say "person" or "human".

With all that said, I need to go listen to some Austrian Death Machine.

Last edited:
What's New

9/22/2024
There will be Trivia in our Chat Room this Sunday Eve at 11PM EDT.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back