• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Harry Potter Seven Not ON PS2

Miss Sassy1

2nd Level Orange Feather
I heard that the new Harry potter game is not gonna be on PS2.....Please please tell me that's not true. 🙁

Maybe it has something to do with the fact that the console is a decade old. It may be time to buy something that could be construed as new. 😛

I'd ask for a PS3 for Christmas but I'm afraid I won't be able to play any PS2 games on it (like Lunar: Eternal Blue and such).

Well, people can say what they want, but the PS2 console was outselling both the PS3 and PSP as late as last year. I have no idea what the current numbers say, however, but I'm just throwing that out there. Fact is, the PS3 was hurt by a horrendous $600 pricetag at its launch, as well as the inability to be backward-compatible with all PS2 games. I'm not necessarily bashing it, but given the fun I've had and amount of games that I've accumulated on the PS2 over the years, I have no desire to purchase a PS3 any time in the near future. Maybe once their gaming library expands a bit more and it goes fully backwards compatible (with both PS1 and PS2 games), I'll give it a look. Right now I can't think of more than a few titles that I'd like to play, but I'll admit that my gaming tastes sometimes stray from the mainstream.

Last edited:
$600 DOLLARS FOR A CONSOLE?

AND IT CAN'T EVEN PLAY PS2 GAMES?

FUCK THAT SHIT. I'M STICKING WITH MY PS2! (goes back to playing Final Fantasy XII)

i still play my ps2 and i have no rush to buy a ps3. even though the ps3 isn't as insanely expensive as it was before the games still are. the only games i would really like to play on the ps3 are final fantasy XIII and Pro evolution soccer 2011 though

Um...You guys and gals do realize that the PS3 has had significant price drops since the PS3 first launched four years ago right?

It doesn't cost $600 any more... and you can get a used one at your local gamestop for $250 or less...plus some of the older consoles such as the 20 GB, 60GB and the 80 GB systems CAN play ps2 games (final fantasy XII as well).

Save your money by not getting older console stuff and you might be able to have one before you know it! 😀

Last edited:
True, the PS3 is no longer $600. It remains, however, the most difficult of the consoles for developers to create games for (stated by developers themselves). This is one reason why a number of former Sony exclusives ended up jumping ship. I say just play what you like. If you love your PS3, by all means, have a blast with it. If PS2 is the one for you, stick with it and have fun. Personally, I still love the PS2. It's a legendary console with a massive library of games to choose from. But eventually, it will die out. Stores have been steadily shedding their inventory of PS2 merchandise in favor of PS3. It's inevitable, but in the meantime, nothing wrong with the classics. 🙂

Last edited:
Generally you'll find that if a game like that is being developed for the Wii, it doesn't take too much effort to port it over to PS2 when there is still a market for it. I can't understand why they wouldn't, unless the time has come to stop supporting the PS2 altogether.

It's had good innings, but all good things have to come to an end eventually.

Guess it's an issue of time and money. Why spend time and money to port and adequately test a game on two Sony systems when you can save time and money just developing for one?

With the price of the system dropping significantly and more people are buying PS3s due to being more affordable, you can expect less emphasis on PS2, which was only still around to support PS3 during it's ridiculously high priced early days.

Yes. The PS2 was great... but it's time to retire it and move to the seventh generation PS3 where there are many more gaming capabilities, conveniences and opportunities. It's values comes from what it can do over it's older brother.

Last edited:
I just wonder about the long-term possibilities for the PS3. Blu-Ray hasn't exactly set the world on fire. :/

I just wonder about the long-term possibilities for the PS3. Blu-Ray hasn't exactly set the world on fire. :/

True, but there is no denying that the format is a "hot" item these days. 🙂 However if you don't have an HDTV, you won't get the full potential of it's beauty. (Not saying that you have to go buy an HDTV with your PS3, but it would be nice to get your money's worth with the extra power provided by the console)

That and coupled with it's completely free online capabilities, hard drive customization and many other features, it's a system that will definitely have a long life. Basically an major entertainment staple.

Last edited:
What's New

9/24/2024
Clips4Sale is where to be for the webs largest fetish clip selection!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back