• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Haste To The Festival (InuYasha) (soles)

Celtic_Emperor

3rd Level White Feather
I finished this picture last night, while it was still technically
my birthday, but I didn't put my initials and date on it yesterday,
since by the time I had put the finishing touches it was already
past midnight.

Anyways, I'm very proud of how this picture came out, even though
there were a few nagging things about it that kept bothering me
throughout the process. The main thing was InuYasha himself. Since I
have little to no experience drawing male characters, it made it
difficult. I'm also not used to drawing two characters in one
picture. So angles and such and how close they were was taken into
consideration even more so.

Anyways, this is my first time drawing either of these two
characters or anything from this series. I hope I did them justice.

This was a originally a request made by a member of my yahoo group,
yokaiinuyasha, and while I switched some things around, I sure hope
he enjoys it when he sees it, and I hope you do too.

I call this one "Haste To The Festival" as InuYasha is carrying
Kagome to a nearby festival thats about to begin.

This was originally a request for tickling. The requester made it
very clear though that he wanted the scene to be romantic and heart-
felt and such. I completely agreed. Although, as I got to drawing
the lineart, I just felt that it wasn't appropriate for this picture
to be about tickling. I felt in this instance the tickling would
have taken away from this moment these characters are sharing. It
would have been completely distracting, and all attention would most
likely be on the tickling rather than on them.

So I relucantly took the tickling out, but made up for it in part by
showing Kagome's soles. I also have one of her sandles dangling on
her toe, for effect. I thought you guys might like that.

The biggest change however was in the situation. As it was, he
wanted them to just be sitting, persumably under a tree. Somehow I
didn't think that was good enough. So I opted to draw InuYasha
carrying Kagome. That was more romantic and bondish, I think.

Another big change is Kagome's outfit. Orignally it was requested
that she wear her school-girl outfit. But I figured since they were
going somewhere, it might as well be somewhere important and worth
looking different and dressed up for, for a change. So, I gave
Kagome a traditional japanese woman look, complete with yukata and
facial makeup.

I also added little designs and highlights to InuYasha's attire so
he would stand out too. ^^

While some things were taken out in the final piece, the moment was
captured as desired. ^__^

Wheh, that was long, albeit necessary.

PS- The picture is rather large, and may take a while to load. Please be patient. It is worth the wait. 🙂

Also, if the picture resizes to fit your screen, please press the tab to view it full-sized so that the details aren't obscured.

Attachments

• Haste To The Festival.jpg
    Haste To The Festival.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 973
Excellent job there, Lord Vlad! My only gripe, and it 'tis a small one: Kagome's hair seems a wee bit on the purple side in your piccy, whereas she has black hair normally. That doesn't really take away from the drawing at all, it almost adds a nice bit to it. But, just a little thought.

Thanks alot. Its good to have you back and posting. 🙂

And I know her hair is black. I just wanted to add a tint of purple to accentuate her yukata. There are instances in the show were they do this as well.

Mistato Katsuragi (Evangelion) also has black hair, yet they give it a noticable hue of purple for depth and texture.

Thats all I've done here. Although I may have overdone it. Ah well, no biggie. 🙂

Last edited:
FINALLY an Inuyasha pic somewhere on this place. xD I would've requested one myself but I didn't get a chance to, or else I'm too lazy, or some other reason. Could go on and on. Anyway!

Myself, I can't stand Kagome at all (not in your drawing, I mean in the series and such), so I'm not such a big fan, but it's very well drawn and cute. So, that makes up for it. ^^

Most of the time its people being too timid or shy and thing that I won't grant them their request or at least here them out. Thats not true, for the record. Although I am still currently filled up on requests.

And, I'm by no means done with InuYasha. Other coupled characters I plan on drawing sometime are Sango and Miroku, or InuYasha and Kikiyo. I'm always up for suggestions.

Thank you for the compliment. ^__^

It usually is I that introduces new series to this or any other site in the community that either a- no one has heard of, or b- no one has drawn yet.

Being that I'm primarily into drawing fanart, I'm glad I can be the one to do this. We each bring something a little different to the table, and I'm glad to be doing what I'm doing. Tickling, barefoot, or regular art. ^^

Vladislav Dracula said:
And I know her hair is black. I just wanted to add a tint of purple to accentuate her yukata. There are instances in the show were they do this as well.
Thats all I've done here. Although I may have overdone it. Ah well, no biggie. 🙂
I never said you overdid it, and now armed with the reason behind the color it makes sense.:happy:

And, I'm by no means done with InuYasha. Other coupled characters I plan on drawing sometime are Sango and Miroku, or InuYasha and Kikiyo. I'm always up for suggestions.

They could always gang up on poor lil' Shippou. XD

Also, as far as you not liking Kagome, thats understandable. Some people don't like Naru Narusegawa from Love Hina for varying reasons.

I think though that throughout the series, characters like these prove their worth and show us how good they are. Especially when dealing with other people. They become softer, more gentle and understanding, and they are willing to sacrifice to maintain a relationship.

In a very real way, its these characters who are dispised to a degree that end up saving the plot some of the time, and progress the series forward.

I know thats true in both Kagome and Naru's case.

Though I understand where you're coming from, as there were things I didn't like about the characters initially. Part of it is just getting used to them and accepting them as they are, and another is trying to relate to them in someway. Sometimes its not always possible, and so we have a falling out with these characters.

Its not until they've changed that we then grow to like them, and appriciate what they've done thus far and what they have to contribute to the others.

Last edited:
HisDivineShadow said:
Kagome's hair seems a wee bit on the purple side in your piccy, whereas she has black hair normally.
Well she could have colored it, she can switch between the past and present worlds. 😉

Nice art piece there, and was wonderfully setup. 🙂

HisDivineShadow said:
I never said you overdid it, and now armed with the reason behind the color it makes sense.:happy:

I never said you did either. Chill, killer. 😛

CruentusCaelum said:
They could always gang up on poor lil' Shippou. XD

Thats actually a pretty cute idea, and I must admit the thought has crossed my mind. The only problem I see with it is how small he is. How would all those hands find the room? And look at his little feet, that would be difficult I'd imagine. Though he is a mischievious little critter, so yeah. 😛

Last edited:
TickleTheater said:
Well she could have colored it, she can switch between the past and present worlds. 😉

Nice art piece there, and was wonderfully setup. 🙂

Yeah, thats true. That thought already crossed my mind of what people could potentially assume I had done in that she has purple looking hair rather than black hair with purple highlights. I just overdid it, I suppose.

Thank you very much sir. ^__^

I don't know... it's a nice pic and all, but it really doesn't look like Kagome in my opinion...

I am no good at explaining what I see. If you take out InuYasha and the title and stuff of this thread, I would've had no idea who it was.

Nice pic anyway, though.

@ ticklish_guy- Thanks alot. 🙂

@ Drago- Well, she IS dressed differently, her hair is held back, and she's wearing traditional make-up.

So of course it doesn't really look like her as you would normally see her. Whatever..😛

Last edited:
What's New

9/21/2024
Visit the TMF Welcome forum and take a second to say hello to us!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back