• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Help finding newest ATI video drivers???

Dussicar

2nd Level Green Feather
I just got a RADEON 9550 video card for my computer, and now I'm rip roaring to get the newest drivers loaded onto it.

There seems to be a few problems....

I went to ATI's official site to get these drivers and while trying to go to the section where I could download them, the site claimed I couldn't do it because of some type of improper info error. I have no damn clue what that means. I went to other sites but they claimed that the drivers they have are hacked. I honestly don't know which are the latest drivers or which are the best for my new card.

What I request from you computer geniuses out there, is a link to a site that is both safe and can give me the latest drivers without hassle.

Thanks bunches....

Hmm...two questions. First, did you install the drivers (If any.) that came with the card itself before looking for new ones? Sometimes the old drivers have to be installed before upgrading to new ones. Not often, but sometimes.

Second, the site gave you an error? Interesting... I've been grabbing drivers from ati.com for years with no trouble. I'm going to post a complete walkthrough of how to get to the driver page. Perhaps it will help.

-Go to http://www.ati.com
-Look at the top of the page. Do you see a row of gray-ish buttons that starts with "Products" in the left corner and ends with "Partners" in the right? In that row, there is a button labled "Drivers & Software." Click it.
-You should get a page with a number of links on it. Look for the words "Knowledge Base" in large type to the center-right of the page. Below it should be something that says "Drivers and Software." Just below that there should be a link that says "Windows XP Drivers and Software." Click it (Unless you don't have XP, in which case find the link for you Operating System.
-On the next page you should find a list of product types. Since you have a Radeon, click the top link which should say "RADEON."
-On the next page, you should find these words "Display Drivers and Software for RADEON Products." Under those you should see a link that says "CATALYST 5.7 Windows XP - Driver Download." Click it. On the next page you see you will find the newest driver.

I don't know if this will work for you or not, but here is the direct link to the final page: https://support.ati.com/ics/support/KBAnswer.asp?questionID=640

Download what you need and install.

I already did that at the beginning of my attempt to go to downloads. I even went to the direct link you told me. Every time I do, I get this message-"Your session has expired and the action has not been completed." It then gives me some stupid instructions that don't have a fucking thing with what I'm trying to do.

I've talked to every fucking friend with a computer and not a god damned one of them has EVER reported this message. What the hell is going on with this site?

I had the exact same trouble when I first tried getting drivers from www.ati.com. dussicar this is what you need to do: You need to accept the cookies from the ATI website. At first when I blocked them, I got that exact same "Your session has expired......." message. Once I changed my settings to ask me whether or not I want to accept their cookies, I accepted them and everything proceeded properly. So your answer is right there.

Aha. Anonymous is indeed correct. You, sir, have disabled cookies or at least don't allow them from ATI's site. Let's get those enabled...

(For Internet Explorer)
-Go to the Tools menu and click on Internet Options.
-On the first little page you see, look for "Temporary Internet Files." In that box, find the button labled "Settings." Click it.
-Make sure the slider is set to something other than zero. 50 MB would probably be okay. If this setting is set to zero, there are no room for cookies and all the changes after this are meaningless.
-Click "Okay" to get out of the settings window. Click next on the "Privacy" tab at the top of the Internet Options window. You now have several choices: Either move the slider to medium temporarily, or you can click the "Sites" button and type ati.com in that box. Then click the "Allow" button. That will allow ATI to use cookies on your machine. Then click okay, and okay again to get back to IE. That should do it.

(Firefox)
-Go to "Tools" and click "Options."
-Click the "Privacy" button. Click where it says "Cache." Type a number into the "Use up to:" box other than zero (Again, 50 MB, or 50000 in this case, as the box is in KB, is a good number.) so there is room for cookies.
-Next, click where it says "Cookies." Check the box that says "Allow Sites to Set Cookies." Then click "Okay" at the bottom of the Options pane. That should do it.

Just remember to set these settings back to what they were when you finish getting the driver unless you want to start getting cookies again.

TO HISDIVINESHADOW: It is with heartfelt joy that I must inform you that you are now my new god!

That's right. I shall spread the word of your magnanimous god...uhhh...ism to the whole internet. You have finally helped me solve tis little riddle that has been hounding me since thurdsay. I finally have access to their site.

Now, having your own follower has many good points. I will defend you to my dying breath...DO THE REST OF YOU HEAR THAT, YOU UNWORTHY, JACKINAPE PEONS?????!!!!

HDS rules the earth!

Oh, and seeing as we need an effigy of you, I would kindly like to ask you to send me a portrait of yourself so that I might begin the sculpting of your bust immediately.

Actually, don't worry about it. I still have those vid stills of you in the shower from the web cam I hid in your bathroom last year. I'll start the carving process right away.

PS, MY LORD: How do you render carved marble onto software?

dussicar said:
Actually, don't worry about it. I still have those vid stills of you in the shower from the web cam I hid in your bathroom last year. I'll start the carving process right away.

>.>
You've got what from where now?

What's New

9/20/2024
Clips4Sale offers the most tickling clips in one place on the entire web.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back