• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Help me choose :D

CrazyLikeAFox

TMF Regular
Balance eludes me yet again, though inner peace may be in reach given sacrifice.

My options are physical health or mental health. Don't ask questions; I'm not about to give details I just need opinions. Which would you deem most important?

It really is such a hard call! Getting fit can sometimes be difficult if you're hurting inside, but then mental well-being may come back with physical health. It's a little bit of a toss-up.

My honest opinion would be to try to take care of both. Failing that, deal with whichever one is worse-off first. If you're fifty pounds overweight but have the blues, go exercise!

But if you've got bad breath and a hangnail but you're ready to jump off a bridge, seek professional help.

And for what it's worth... >hugs!<

Mental health. At least first if you're dealing with issues with both.

Speaking from experience, you can have all the physical health in the world and be a near invalid if you don't take care of your mental well-being. It's much easier to build your physical health, and easier to maintain your physical health.

Mental health a billion times over, everything starts with the mind, mind over matter, etc.

I would say mental health before physical health. If you're feeling mentally fit then it can be easier to become physically fit.
Whatever you decide good luck 🙂

You definitely have to tend to your mental health first. Trust me, I know--you won't be able to work on yourself physically until you work on yourself mentally, because if you let it sit and it gets too bad, you'll get to the point where you won't even want to move at all, let alone go for a jog or something.

*hug* I really do hope everything is okay. And if you ever need to talk, you have a wealth of people here willing to listen and do what they can. 🙂

Health is divided into six dimensions.

Physical

Emotional

Intellectual

Spiritual

Social

Environmental

They're all important and provide stability and a measure of happiness.

Balance eludes me yet again, though inner peace may be in reach given sacrifice.

My options are physical health or mental health. Don't ask questions; I'm not about to give details I just need opinions. Which would you deem most important?

Mental health is more important because sometimes with out mental health you can't have physical health and are unable to take care of yourself.

I think I may have slightly misrepresented the nature of the dilema but thank you all for the sound advice and kind support.

Oh my, someone is quoting my Gym Book!

Go Cognito!

If you choose the physical health over the mental, then achieving physical health will be inhibited by your mental health; mental health, however, will not be inhibited by your physical health. But if you can become healthy physically, then it shouldn't be a problem to become healthy mentally soon thereafter. A lot of physical activities help to sooth or discipline the mind; it was either Plato or Socrates, but one always walked about during his lectures as he felt it helped the mental processes.

Personally, I'd choose mental. My mind is all I have, really, so if I lost that... well, life isn't worth it at that point. My back is in sorry shape, but it's only a minor inconvenience.

Etc.

Health is divided into six dimensions.

Physical

Emotional

Intellectual

Spiritual

Social

Environmental

They're all important and provide stability and a measure of happiness.

I gotta disagree with you there. "Spiritual"? The rest of the facets of perception are easily definable, but how does one define spiritual for themselves in a unique way? I'm not even remotely religious or spiritual. Does this make me "unhealthy/unhappy"? :lol

I gotta disagree with you there. "Spiritual"? The rest of the facets of perception are easily definable, but how does one define spiritual for themselves in a unique way? I'm not even remotely religious or spiritual. Does this make me "unhealthy/unhappy"? :lol

It's a dimension of health. You can have the belief that there is no God and you have a perfectly safe mind set with that.

Like wise, if someone believes their God has forsaken them, they become irrational and depressed. Or, if someone believes in God and through that God they believe they're serving a higher purpose in life than what they see around them, that's a belief and faith that sustains them.

I'm not religious in the slightest either, but I recognize that it's still a valid dimension because it holds true. My purpose is nothing but the one I set for myself, as opposed to one set by a God.

I was a member at a site where for over a year people tried to explain spirituality to me, and as much as I tried and wished to believe and understand any of it I couldn't. When pressed for a definition a vague response is always given, insubstantial and flexible beyond any purpose useful to me.

Just as I am incapable of grasping the idea of spirituality in any form, those people couldn't come to terms with the fact that someone could function perfectly well without it. Insisting on the presence of spirituality in everyone's lives seems to me as ignorant as its dismissal.

The cliche: mind over matter

They are interlinked though... save both.

I was a member at a site where for over a year people tried to explain spirituality to me, and as much as I tried and wished to believe and understand any of it I couldn't. When pressed for a definition a vague response is always given, insubstantial and flexible beyond any purpose useful to me.

Just as I am incapable of grasping the idea of spirituality in any form, those people couldn't come to terms with the fact that someone could function perfectly well without it. Insisting on the presence of spirituality in everyone's lives seems to me as ignorant as its dismissal.

Spirituality made simple.

Think of it as purpose. Why do you get up in the morning? Play guitar? When you play guitar, do you feel happy?

Hey, look you've got a purpose. It's defined under spirituality. Or if you want to be a Bible Burner about it, think of it as a higher form of intellectualism that only you can grasp, if words like 'spirit' and 'ethereal' scare you. :3

MY MIND

IT IS BLOWN

Flying Spaghetti Monster take you all.

BTW, I hope your feelin' a bit more balanced! Ever get those guitar strings fixt?

Go Cognito!

If you choose the physical health over the mental, then achieving physical health will be inhibited by your mental health; mental health, however, will not be inhibited by your physical health. But if you can become healthy physically, then it shouldn't be a problem to become healthy mentally soon thereafter. A lot of physical activities help to sooth or discipline the mind; it was either Plato or Socrates, but one always walked about during his lectures as he felt it helped the mental processes.

Personally, I'd choose mental. My mind is all I have, really, so if I lost that... well, life isn't worth it at that point. My back is in sorry shape, but it's only a minor inconvenience.

Etc.

AH MAH GAWDS IT IS LIKE THERE IS SOME STANDARD FORM OF DEFINITION THAT PEOPLE HAVE TO MEMORIZE AND QUOTE WHEN GETTING INTO THE HEALTH FIELD

And if that wasn't a personal attack, uh, yeah! Go me. 😀

Last edited:
Spirituality made simple.

Think of it as purpose. Why do you get up in the morning? Play guitar? When you play guitar, do you feel happy?

Hey, look you've got a purpose. It's defined under spirituality. Or if you want to be a Bible Burner about it, think of it as a higher form of intellectualism that only you can grasp, if words like 'spirit' and 'ethereal' scare you. :3

MY MIND

IT IS BLOWN

Flying Spaghetti Monster take you all.

BTW, I hope your feelin' a bit more balanced! Ever get those guitar strings fixt?

AH MAH GAWDS IT IS LIKE THERE IS SOME STANDARD FORM OF DEFINITION THAT PEOPLE HAVE TO MEMORIZE AND QUOTE WHEN GETTING INTO THE HEALTH FIELD

And if that wasn't a personal attack, uh, yeah! Go me. 😀

That definition of spirituality doesn't do it for me and I could argue the point but I won't. Trust me, I've done the circuit before and I'm pretty sure I've heard everything there is to hear.

The guitar strings are in place but need tuning. Now I have a working guitar I remember that I can't be bothered learning to play it :lol Feeling a lot better myself for the time being.

CrazyFox es mi amigo

Glad you're feelin' better. :3

I used to play around with a guitar, but I never got anything of a likable sound to come from it.

What's New

9/20/2024
Clips4Sale offers the most tickling clips in one place on the entire web.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back