• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Holy Spam Attack!!!

Just earlier I came here, there were about 11 pages of Threads that the spammer had posted. That's gotta be a world record there.

Apologies, I'd not been able to get on until now. This required an Admin to clean up; poor Bob was trying to bail out a sinking ship with a thimble.

Poor Bob. He could use a hand to tell you the truth.

There were... just so many... so many links...

*curls into fetal position*

And too much BS... :scared

...I rest my case....You seriously need someone to back you up, Bob.

For this is something I've never encountered before. Now only that, ALL was in General Discussion. Usually it'd be on all type of threads.

I wonder why TT is targeted in such a way?

I am not a techie by any stretch, so I don't know anything about programing and such, but this forum seems to get this more often than other forums I'm a member of. They don't have any of that stuff where you're supposed to type in a code when you join, but somehow they remain almost spam free.

The 10 pages was just insane! LOL I've never seen that many before!

Many thanks to Bob for cleaning that up!!!

Part may lie in how old the board software is. Unfortunately, we have many customizations, not the least the theme. Upgrading is possible, but will require a big time commitment from me, and I don't have it. =(

That does sounds difficult. I wonder if there's a chance someone can be able to take maybe 24 hours at max to get it taken cared off? I'm not trying to ask something that's impossible, but just wondering.

I wasn't around for this latest spam-batch, and I'm no more a fan than any member, but - sometimes the butchery of the language leads to inadvertent entertainment for me in the really bad spams. You know, just trying to imagine what the hell they're getting at when there's obviously a huge language gap.

It was an attack of spam so CRUEL and so FOUL that no man had laid EYES ON IT and LIVED!

HA! I see what you did there! I catch your double entendre. 😉

You earn a gold star!

Just realized that the last epic spam-tsunami came around the same time last year...anyone remember that one? Two, sometimes three new accounts every single day for almost three weeks, 'bout a dozen posts from each? Remember who had to deal with all of that crap?

Thanks, Bob, for taking the shift this time! 😛

After the recent attack we enabled a higher level of automated spam prevention, which can be increased further if necessary.

Wow I missed the spam attack but it sounds like it was pretty rough.
Thank you moderators and admin/staff for your quick actions 🙂

TD

Just realized that the last epic spam-tsunami came around the same time last year...anyone remember that one? Two, sometimes three new accounts every single day for almost three weeks, 'bout a dozen posts from each? Remember who had to deal with all of that crap?

Thanks, Bob, for taking the shift this time! 😛

Now that you mention it. normally we'd get one fake spam-members every now and then, but it was downright crazy that there were I think 3 spam-members, multiply it by the forums we have in total.

What's New

9/19/2024
The TMF Archives hold colections of our communities creators work, take a look!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back