• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Hostel

jj82277

the most disturbing previews that i have ever seen in my life.

I was on the real guide homepage today, and their is this puicture of this beautiful tan girl getting dressed and buckling her nice strappy heel shoes and i am wondering what movie it is from, and then undernbeath the photo i see Lions Gate Films, and i immediately know that it is from this depraved attempt at entertainment. the most erie thing to me is the way that in all the television reviews that with all the tortured screams for pain they play that beautiful classical music that just serves to further dement the soul.

I refuse to watch this movie, as i do tcm, and other movies that serve no other entertainment value than to flash about gore blood and guts and desensatize humanity to what eil truly is. the hardest thing to deal with is that being a practicing sadist and addictive voyeur the most disturbing thing is the burning curiousity that i have for these movies and the plots behind them. I was just wondering if there was anyone else who felt this way?

Yeah, I think I know what you mean, and I agree. I'm not in any real rush to see movies like "Hostel" or "Wolf Creek." Yet at the same time I'm also really curious to see just what the heck they're about. I think that movies like this bring out our dark side, the side that likes pain and suffering. By their definitions, they're meant to make us face the worst we could possibly be (Or impossibly, depending on your point of view.). Then again, they could just be meant to weird us out or scare the hell out of us. Either way, I'll resist and give these ones a pass.

I've seen a few good Quentin Tarantino pics. But even the previews are waaa~aaaaaay over the top on this one. There is NO way I would go see this movie.

I also saw "Hostel" and I agree, It wasent at all bad as the previews make it out to be. To be honest, all of the "gorey" parts contain nothing that I havent seen before (I work in surgery).

Unless a woman is getting tortured in it...I don't see what makes it special.

PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE read into that. 😀

Ok sorry but i will rant right now

QUENTIN TARINTINO DID NOTHING WITH THIS MOVIE! This is like when he brought "hero" from japan or directed ONE scene in "sin city", he simply has his name added to the movie to give it a "star director" name for sales. The movie is written and directed by Eli Roth, the man who brought us Cabin Fever.

For people who say how gory and disturbing this movie is, i suggest you check out the movies "The Street fighter", "Audition" or "Ichii the Killer." Or pretty much any Takahahi Miike film, he makes movies by troma seem like disney.

As for the preview of screams and classical music, many movies have done this, like marathon man and the nazi dentist. I dont see how that is a negative point that "dements the soul" by pointing out that classical music is used in a violent scene, hell, i didnt hear any outcry in apocalypse now when they napalmed and rocketed a VC town while blasting "ride of the valkyries", that was actually seen as a beautiful scene

Violence and gore....what action movie doesnt have that? Yes this movie has gore and torture but it also does have a story behind it. You can say movies like saving private ryan or we were soldiers are nothing but movies glorifying war....yes there is an underlying story but most people just focus on say the normandy scene or napalming.

Finally Hostel is based on an ad eli roth read in a thai magazine about a hotel in thailand that promised you could torture people for 10,000, which is what gave them the idea to do this movie. Later him and tarintino would state they didnt research as to if the magazine ad was legit or not.

The world is violent and gory, this movie isnt harming anyone or mankin anyone evil or something. People get more desensitized watching the news and seeing war and death every single day.

dont get me wrong, i am not one of those tree hugger types, i think that ryan and especially we were Soldiers were two of my favorite movies of all time, and probably my favorite movie scene of all time is what i term the seduction scene in Silence of the lambs when Lecter finally got Starling to reveal the part baout the spring lambs and the running and all that good stuff. I am not one of those that thinks that violence in general is a bad thing, or that the demonstration of how depraved humanity can be is necessarily a bad thing. and admitadly, i havent seen the movie, and from past experience you are right it probably has more bark than its bite, but i was jsut saying that i think that there should be a line between entertaining depictions of reality, fictional shock and awwe, and then just str8 depravity. In my humble oppinion for me films like this cross it just a tad, but to each there own. the people that like them don't bother me. the people who will inevidably use the dvd when it comes out as masturbatory material (law of large numbers) is why i have locks and guns.

and by the way when i was watching the coundown of the 100 scariest movies of all time they showed one scene from "audition", one, it freaked me slap the hell out. call me what you will. when the girl was sitting by the phone, with that blank zombie kneeling position,m and nothing is going on in the scene, the silence, and then you notice that there is a sack of some kind in the background, and then without warning the damn thing moves and you realize that there is a person in the bag, just fucked me all the way up. Ill watch hostel a lot sooner than i will watch that shit. I heard stories. my friend loves these types of mvies and he wont even talk about that one.

jj82277 said:
dont get me wrong, i am not one of those tree hugger types, i think that ryan and especially we were Soldiers were two of my favorite movies of all time, and probably my favorite movie scene of all time is what i term the seduction scene in Silence of the lambs when Lecter finally got Starling to reveal the part baout the spring lambs and the running and all that good stuff. I am not one of those that thinks that violence in general is a bad thing, or that the demonstration of how depraved humanity can be is necessarily a bad thing. and admitadly, i havent seen the movie, and from past experience you are right it probably has more bark than its bite, but i was jsut saying that i think that there should be a line between entertaining depictions of reality, fictional shock and awwe, and then just str8 depravity. In my humble oppinion for me films like this cross it just a tad, but to each there own. the people that like them don't bother me. the people who will inevidably use the dvd when it comes out as masturbatory material (law of large numbers) is why i have locks and guns.

and by the way when i was watching the coundown of the 100 scariest movies of all time they showed one scene from "audition", one, it freaked me slap the hell out. call me what you will. when the girl was sitting by the phone, with that blank zombie kneeling position,m and nothing is going on in the scene, the silence, and then you notice that there is a sack of some kind in the background, and then without warning the damn thing moves and you realize that there is a person in the bag, just fucked me all the way up. Ill watch hostel a lot sooner than i will watch that shit. I heard stories. my friend loves these types of mvies and he wont even talk about that one.

And hannibal crossed lines as well, esp with the brain eating part or even silence of the lambs with buffalo bill(or bob i forget) tuckin his dick between his legs and dancing. From what i gather from your comments, you feel that these movies are gonna create psychaotics in society? I disagree 100%, the correlation between entertainment and violence is absurd, esp when all our serial killers were raised on leave it to beaver and father knows best.

And actually, that scene from audition isnt the worst, its what she does in the last 15 mins of the film which is terrifyin

Also hostel was not 90-120 mins of straight torture, probably, theres only a few scenes of extended torture and the rest is gore effect like seen in any slasher movie. Its the concept of the torture happening which fucks you up, which is what any movie is done. Hell, most movies you dont even need scenes of the torture, just have em screaming and show em aftermath and the audience creates the torture for themselves

Last edited:
no i wasnt trying to imply that these movies create psychaotics in society. I believe in absolute truth and free will so i do not believe that any one thing can create someones psychological state except the choices that they make. like me, with a natural predisposition to sadism i choose not to watch, while i have other friends who constantly remind themselves that its not real, and i have other friends that just cant get enough of this crap. the line i was reffering too was one of a purely subjective individual nature as all interpretation of (i cant believe you got me to call this art) art is. the distinction that i would make about Hanibal is that that series was a lot more about the interaction of two individuals, hannibal and Clarice. I really see everything else as somewhat of a backdrop, but that is just my personal oppinion. I really didnt like tRed dragon that much

and i heard that the last 15 minutes was the worst part. i heard that on the list show i was watching, i was simply stating that the one cut scene that i saw that was about 9 seconds long and seemingly harmless scared the shit out of me thats all

and to be honest the main source of disturbance for me personally concerning films like this is that i myself derive a certain level of pleasure from hearing the tortured screams of others (in my case beautiful ticklish women) but its a bad habbit of mine to think just how few chromosomes or neurons i mgiht be away from being one of those people doing the slaughtering in those houses

and as for the creation of serial killers, i dont know if we will ever know exactly, but i think that for the most part whatever it is happens between a child and his parents long before he is able to understand what is happening on a movie screen, but thats just my two cents

Hostel was inspired by eli roth because when he went to i think thailand he found a website where you can pay money to have people get killed on the web cam for you. He thought it was totally cool and decided to call tarentino or however you spell his name and they came up with the idea for a movie. I read the script it isnt so great. Girls get blowtorched in the face the scene where some girls toe gets cut off...never happens it was only her toe nail to tease her. A girls eye get cut out and they show it. lots of throat slashing. and i was told the sets were so stupid you could tell the places were cardboard and fake. This script can be found at www.themoviespoiler.com good luck its nasty

I haven't seen it yet, but if it's as bad as Cabin Fever, Eli Roth needs to be sent to this hostel himself. Ugh!

I'm betting this won't be showed on television anytime soon for a tv movie.

Daniel24 said:
I haven't seen it yet, but if it's as bad as Cabin Fever, Eli Roth needs to be sent to this hostel himself. Ugh!

I agree FULLY with that statement! I had thought about seeing Hostel, but the words Eli Roth will keep me away until it hits cable, as I still want my money back for seeing Cabin Fever. I'm hoping Hostel is at least decent, or he's soon going to become to horror films what Uwe Boll has become to video game adaptations. This damn thread has made me want to watch Audition again!

You should really see the movie instead of reading font and deciding if the movie is good or not. Hostel is not a finesse movie. If you're a gore fan or sadist, you'll like this movie! The first half of the movie is basically drug usage, night clubbing, gorgeous women, and sex. The second half of the movie is torture and death. The revenge scenes at the end of the movie had almost everybody clapping in the SOLD OUT theater I was in.

If you dont want to see the movie but are still as interested in finding out just what the gore was, like i was, go to www.themoviespoiler.com you can read basically the whole walk through of what happened on the movie. Its pretty bad...

hint.
if you think a girl getting blowtorched in the face isnt gory...have fun watching your slush

no i didnt see the movie but i happened to walk in to take a peak at that part....*barf*

I had a frozen cherry slush during the movie, but I watched the movie.

I know I am, but what are you? *stares at your poking which has no affect* No wonder why you're a ticklee.

I saw this and honestly advise people not to watch it for two reasons.

1: It's rubbish. It's badly acted and directed and simply shouldn't have been made.

2: It's gore for the sake of gore. Although, you don't see all the torture in it, you see a lot of it and it's rediculous. I'm actually upset that Audition was even mentioned in this thread, because all of Takashi Miike's films are brilliantly done. Any gore in them is there for a reason and just adds to the brilliance of them. Hostel is just Eli Roths attempt to make a name for himself and he by no means deserves it.

i saw the second set of trailers and yes it looks stupid, just as stupid as cabin fecer, i stand corrected

im a damn good ticklee too lol *backing away* damn! My tickling has no effect on the stever tickle monster...whatever shall a lass do? lol.

flightless_me said:
im a damn good ticklee too lol *backing away* damn! My tickling has no effect on the stever tickle monster...whatever shall a lass do? lol.

Be afraid! Be very afraid, because you won't have any towels.

What's New

9/21/2024
Visit the TMF Welcome forum and take a second to say hello to us!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back