• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

How to change RM files to WMV files

USATKLR

1st Level Green Feather
HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLP!!!! I know there are some of you that are my faveorites that know this computer stuff more than me. How can i change a rm file and make show on wmv. It is probably so easy but i dont know how to do it. Any computer masters know how to do this? Can you guys PM me and tell me how ? I would really appriciate it. Thanks . 😀

It isn't especially easy. One solution is to use some RM converter (like EO-Video, you can find the 30-day trial version via google). Though I'm not sure EO can convert to WMV, but at least it can convert to MPG or AVI (which you can, in turn, convert to WMV via that Microsoft movie maker tool that is bundled with Windows XP).

The question is: why bothering with WMV? An AVI clip should be far enough (it's playable by WMV and all). Another solution: install Real Alternative (which you can also found with the help of our friend google), which allows DirectShow compatibles players (like WMP, but also the excellent Media Player Classic) to play RealMedia files. There's also QuickTime Alternative, just in case...

i tried this but i was wondering if there was a way to get to do it for free through my owm computer. But thanks bob if all else fails i will use these.

Thanks a gain

As far as I know, there are NO free programs that edit or convert Real Media files, because of licensing and patent issues. Even many commercial products, like Power Video Converter, don't handle Real Media 🙁

I don't like Real format either, and if my ISP didn't force me to use the crappy, spyware-laden Real Player by bundling it into the software, I'd use Real Alternative instead.

Best of luck,

MistressValerie said:
As far as I know, there are NO free programs that edit or convert Real Media files, because of licensing and patent issues. Even many commercial products, like Power Video Converter, don't handle Real Media 🙁

There are free (and opensource) programs converting real media files. For example MPlayer (one of the best Unix-based media player). It can both read and convert RealMedia files to almost any format under the sun.

The problem is that the reading of RealMedia files is done by using the original Real libraries (for recent files... real v1 and v2 are supported by pure opensource software). Which may not be very legal. But now MPlayer runs fine under Windows systems (though it's not very user-friendly), it should be a good alternative.

Thanks for the info, Bobb -- I have not heard of MPlayer before, but it sounds like it would be worth a look 🙂

What's New

9/26/2024
The TMF Chatroom is always busy and its free1
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back