• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

How to keep your fetish secret on a shared computer?

Red_Butler

TMF Regular
If you wish to keep your downloads secret for the rest of your family, you may consider to make a folder between other folders that you use on your computer and hide that folder and your downloads by making them invisible by checking the "hide" option in the properties of those files.
If you want to see the hidden files you have to enable "show hidden files" in windows. Don't forget to enable "don't show hidden files" when you stop using the computer.

(I am using a dutch version of windows, so I don't know whether the terms I use are the ones used in the english version. If things are not quite clear I hope someone who knows what I mean can explain it better).

I realise that it is not 100% proof, because hidden files can pop up when the windows search function is used. But at least it provides some protection.

oooohhhhh ....

better use file encryption. I can't tell you what programs you yould use, but hiding folders is a very weak protection.
What if someone else has "show hidden files" activated?
Of course it also depends on the kind of persons who use the computer.

That's a good idea, I never thought of that!
Also be sure you know how to turn off the histories in your browser. and that the "Documents" area of the Start menu is either not there or cleared.
Aaaaalso if you're using video players make sure the "show last 5 files" option or whatever is turned off and if it's the kind (like WinAmp) that keeps the last file you viewed open make sure you open a new, benign, file when you're done pr turn that option off if you can.

Anyone have more tips to add?

Another option is to use a zip-file with a weird name. If you put all your clips in there with a password protection on it, nobody can actually open the stuff.

And to be even more save: place the zipfile somewhere in the system directories and change the file extension to something like .DAT. That should help.

Hiding things from a snoopy computer savvy housemate is a more difficult matter *cough* acorna *cough* 😉
In that case burning CDs is a good option as well as the password encrypting mentioned above. With that, of course, there's always the "What's this thing with the password" question you'll have to answer.

I have a program that erases/scrambles deleted files, system, and browser traces.

What i have tried in the past was instead of having all the files stored on my computer, i would email them to an account that i made up which no one knows about and when i ran out of space i created a yahoo group and stored them all in there. Eventually we each had a seperate account on the computer and when files are stored in your documents another person cannont access them unless they try from that same account but i made it password protected so that they couldnt. Im know computer whizz so maybe its possible you still could but my family didnt figure it out, that is to say if it WAS possible which i doubt it cuz i tried accessing my own documents from my sisters acount using several different methods but i couldnt get in there.

Red Butler said:
If you wish to keep your downloads secret for the rest of your family, you may consider to make a folder between other folders that you use on your computer and hide that folder and your downloads by making them invisible by checking the "hide" option in the properties of those files.
If you want to see the hidden files you have to enable "show hidden files" in windows. Don't forget to enable "don't show hidden files" when you stop using the computer.

(I am using a dutch version of windows, so I don't know whether the terms I use are the ones used in the english version. If things are not quite clear I hope someone who knows what I mean can explain it better).

I realise that it is not 100% proof, because hidden files can pop up when the windows search function is used. But at least it provides some protection.
someone help me i hidded my secret files and now i don t know how to come them back

julian_the_tick said:
someone help me i hidded my secret files and now i don t know how to come them back

That depends on what method used your friend.

Heres what I do: I go to tools, internet options, then delete. I delete all of the following: files, cookies, history, forms, and passwords. Then I go to empty recycle bin.

What's New

9/19/2024
The TMF Archives hold colections of our communities creators work, take a look!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back