• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

How to start the fire

Violetta

4th Level Indigo Feather
I would suggest taking thousands of rap and pop CDs and lighting a huge pyre, a flame that burns so hot and so bright that the recording industry cannot help but take notice and quake in fear at the coming revolution. And it will burn more intensely than a thousand lighters waved in adoration at a thousand concerts and serve as a signal flare that we demand our rock and roll once more.

But that would require the purchase of adequate numbers of shitty CDs. The question being, how do we start the fire without supporting that which we hate?

theres always just burning the recording studios themselves.
I kind of like the sticks idea though^
lol

I would suggest taking thousands of rap and pop CDs and lighting a huge pyre, a flame that burns so hot and so bright that the recording industry cannot help but take notice and quake in fear at the coming revolution. And it will burn more intensely than a thousand lighters waved in adoration at a thousand concerts and serve as a signal flare that we demand our rock and roll once more.

But that would require the purchase of adequate numbers of shitty CDs. The question being, how do we start the fire without supporting that which we hate?

Actually Bella, your idea isn't new.

As for the recording industry, how about not listening to commercial radio? It used to be fun to sit upstairs in my room listening to an aging Zenith table radio, trying to see which non-local radio stations I could pull in. They're all owned by Clear Channel now. They all sound the same. Get an Ipod or similar device, laod it up with what you want to hear, and let the marketing honchos who've ruined radio go pound salt. I myself listen to NPR (though their corporate sponsorship ads are rather tough to take) and to WFMU by web.

How about boycotting mall record shops (I mean the corporate chains, not local indies which happen to be located in malls). Stick to local independent record shops. Shop there and only there while you still can. You'll find stuff there you didn't know you wanted till you heard it!

Last edited:
Hopefully after moving there'll be places like that open to me. Where I live now is really yuppie so there's only big-name retailers. No local shops at all!

As for Bella, I have a funny feeling she doesn't listen to any radio that plays music from the last fifteen years 😉

You just get a lighter turn it on and there you go. or light a match and you got fire.

Well,I would be careful which Pop artists you choose,some are good.As for Rap,well,have at it.Anyway,just go to garage sales and collect old CDs for really cheap.You wouldn't be supporting the artist because the money would go to whoever is holding the garage sale.You could also go on Ebay and do the same.Then,I think you know how to light a CD on fire;you seem smart enough.

What's New

9/18/2024
If you need to report a post, the report button is on the lower left of it.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back