• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

If You Could Have A Dinner Party With Seven Historical Figures...

WriterOfSin

TMF Regular
So, like the topic says, this is a thread about who you would invite if you could invite seven historical figures to a dinnerparty. I got the idea off another forum I frequent, and it seems to be a popular topic.

To start things off, here's my seven guests (You do not have to include reasons why, I've only done it because I feel like it);

1. Gaius Julius Caesar (One of the most distinguised tacticians and strategists of his time, if not the world, and a notable writer of Latin prose by all accounts. Surely an occasion for which a Caesar Salad is appropriate.)
2. Arthur Wellesley, 1st Duke of Wellington. (The symbol of British military pride during the Peninsular Campaign, as well as a High Tory. I'd love to debate his views on society over the starter.)
3. Friedrich der Grosse. (The man who led Prussia into becoming a true independent state, freeing it from Polish domination as well as making the foundations for the famous Prussian Army; 'An army with a state attached' as the saying goes.)
4. Vlad Tepes (The Impaler). (The man who staved off Ottoman expansion into the Balkans for nearly all his reign...that is, when he wasn't impaling his prisoners on stakes. A chance to talk to him about why would be fascinating...though probably best suited for after the meal's over.)
5. Sun Tzu. (The seminal strategist. His work is so encompassing that it's used from military to economics, to politics. Who could pass up the chance to talk to the man himself?)
6. Leonardo di Vinci. (Mad, or inspired? I'd expect him to build some crazed contraption halfway through dessert.)
7. Winston Churchill. (A man who inspired Britain to victory in WWII, tried to preserve the British Empire, which while not a laudable institution, was a laudable goal, and was the best English orator of the war, if not for decades after.)

In no particular order:

Bejamin Franklin
Edgar Allen Poe
Theodore Roosevelt
Confuscius
Harry S. Truman
Nefertiki
Philo T. Farnsworth

Joseph Smith Jr., founder of the Mormon church
John Candy, jolly actor
John F Kennedy, last great American leader
Jesus, healer
Marilyn Monroe, tragic babe
Rocky Marciano, the Brockton Blockbuster
My grandfather

In no particular order:

Winston Churchill
Oscar Wilde
Mark Twain
Jon Stewart
Will Rogers
William Shakespeare
Woody Allen

The Dinnner would be consisted of 15 min of actual eating and an hour and a half of witty one liners against each others

To nick a couple names from the folks above me:

- William Shakespeare
- Aleister Crowley
- Cleopatra (she and Aleister would not be seated together)
- Lewis Carroll (Charles Dodgson)
- Jesus (he and Aleister would also not be seated together)
- Stan Laurel
- Oliver Hardy

- Special mention: I also would have invited J.D.Salinger, but it'd be a waste of a seat - he never would have showed up.

Aleister Crowley would be in there solely as the figurative spanner in the works - he likes to rustle jimmies, and it'd be entertaining to watch these other folks react to him.
Laurel and Hardy for the lulz.

Interesting.

Archimedes
Homer
Hypatia
Immanuel Kant
Bertrand Russell
Jacob Bronowski
Carl Sagan

Last edited:
Catherine the Great
Marie Antoinette
Mata Hari
Eva Braun
Cleopatra
Mary Madgalane
Anne Boleyn

Bugs bunny
daffy duck
porky the pig
sylvester
tweety bird
foghorn leghorn
walt disney

Dinner for Eight

Abe Lincoln (the president)

Ruggero Leoncavallo (one of my fave arias is Vesti La Giubba from Pagliacci)

Rodney Dangerfield

Eartha Kitt

Yoko Ono

Marilyn Monroe

Steven Spielberg

I think my list would be...

Cleopatra
Jesus
William Shakespeare
Joan of Arc
Martin Luther King Jr.
Michael Clarke Duncan (I know he just died, but still...)
Marilyn Monroe

I don't think the thread specified they must be dead; just "historical figures".

True. While it is implied that they're supposed to be dead, there's no reason to not pick a historical person who is alive. Some interesting answers here too.

True. While it is implied that they're supposed to be dead, there's no reason to not pick a historical person who is alive. Some interesting answers here too.

Ah true, someone found a loophole in the rules. But you typically aren't considered a historical figure until you're dead... while you're alive you're just a celebrity.

Douglas Adams
J.R.R. Tolkein
Nikola Tesla
John Lennon
Joseph Campbell
Albert Einstein
H.G. Wells

Nelson Mandela
Roald Dhal
Marilyn Monroe
King Charles 2nd
JK Rowling (She's already becoming a part of history, for me at least)
My grandma
My other grandma

Well, that's my two cents. Anyone else wanna keep this thread alive? Great topic 🙂

Isaac Newton
Ernest Shackleton
Yonatan Netanyahu
Kim Novak
Jackson C. Frank
Catherine the Great (c'mon, it's a tickling forum!)
Erwin Schrödinger (may bring his own cat)

Sean Connery
George Lazenby
Roger Moore
Timothy Dalton
Pierce Brosnan
David Niven
Daniel Craig

Gandhi
Queen Victoria
Jim Henson
Leonardo da Vinci
Danny Kaye
Laura Ingalls Wilder
Anne Frank

Dwight Eisenhower, LBJ, Albert Einstein, Carl Sagan, Edwin Hubble, Charles Darwin, Roman emperor Hadrian

Frederick I
Charlemagne
George Washington
Douglas MacArthur
Richard I
Cleopatra
Bismark

What's New

9/21/2024
Visit the TMF Welcome forum and take a second to say hello to us!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back