• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

IloHnoH's DOT - looking for translators (/F)

Ilohnoh1

3rd Level Red Feather
I know that you have barely finished FMan, but another (bit smaller but therefore not less exciting) little game is on its way.

You may have already seen some teaser picture in my signature and wondered what in the world "DOT" is. Now you see.

Here's the promo picture. 🙂
It features Jen, but that does not mean it's a game about Jen. On the contrary. I'm planning to include a couple of different girls (the amount depends a lot on how much work it costs me to create the graphics for each) and at the moment it ONLY features Nami (from One Piece).

Anyway, the game is functional and going great and looking great. The colouring is done in the same way as in the promo picture so it has a bit more depth than most of my stuff.

This project also has a unique feature that none of my other games has had and that's that you can have the girl laugh, talk and beg in DIFFERENT LANGUAGES, and you can yourself edit a simple ini file to add or change her lines! So you can customize what she says and how she says it.

But that is also where I need your help a little. So, right now
I am looking for TRANSLATORS!

Requirements: The language you translate to has to be your NATIVE language. Also, I should not have a translator for the language yet and you should be checking these forums as well as being able to provide translations of some English texts to me within the next one or two weeks.

The translations are not extremely many. You don't have to translate pages full of texts or a whole story. Basically the characters in the game can say a couple of short sentences, such as "Please stop! I'll share half of my treasure with you!". There are 9 different sections and I expect each shall have about 5 different lines, so you can expect around 50 short lines per character. If you can't or don't want to do translations for all characters (hopefully 3 or 4 in total) then I'd like to know, or we'll end up for that not each language is available for each character (which is okay too).

Languages already covered: ENGLISH, DUTCH, FRENCH

Looking for translators that are willing to help (for free) to add their own mother tongue to the game.

Preferably I would like to add GERMAN, SPANISH, ITALIAN. Other languages that use a standard alphabet with some special characters such as û, é are allowed. I won't be making a character set for Chinese, Japanese or other symbolic languages.

If you want to help me and provide translations for this upcoming game, please reply to this thread and specify the language. It's going to be on a first come first serve order.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Language overview: (and letter codes of translations received)
(NLC) ENGLISH - All done!
(NLC) DUTCH - All done!
(NLC) FRENCH - All done!
(---) SWEDISH - Covered
(N--) GERMAN - Covered
(NLC) POLISH - All done! (using standard western character set)
(N--) BRAZILIAN PORTUGUESE - Covered
(---) SERBIAN - Covered (using standard western character set)
(NLC) SPANISH - All done!
(NLC) ITALIAN - All done!

Update: Translators for other languages are still accepted, but the access code to the demo will after this point be provided only when the first translations have been done.

Ilo.

Last edited:
^.^ Brings me back to my younger days of koosh ball

Hehe, they do look a lot like that. By me the 'DOTs' are described as fluffy little balls with tentacles. They are sort of 'alive' (otherwise they can't tickle you) and as you can imagine they are quite good at tickling when they come in contact with your body.

The game is (as the picture already suggests) based on an oldie in the gaming world called 'Artillery'. Artillery is the game where two (or more) tanks are on a (usually rocky or mountain-like) landscape and have to aim at each other (move the turret up and down, adjust shooting power) trying to hit each other. DOT is a more friendly game as you're not tasked to destroy the opponent, but you'll be launching these 'DOT critters' at a girl who is bound to a spot on the ground several hundred meters from you. If she gets hit she gets tickled (and her dialogue should change appropriately), animation included. There are also special targets on the floor, connected to the base she is attached to: Two targets make her legs spread or arms go up. Four more targets will remove a piece of clothing when hit. So you're not perhaps aiming just for the girl. If you dislike nudity then you're safe playing at 'normal mode' as only the 'expert mode' will allow full nudity. (just as a note to those who don't like to see nudity).

I can help with swedish
native German speaker here.

Thanks both! I have added you on the list of translators. I will contact you by PM very shortly.

Last edited:
Serbian language here, but I doubt you will need that.

Serbian language here, but I doubt you will need that.
Greek here
Hi, I can translate into Polish 🙂

I just had a look over the wiki pages to check on the letters used and all three of these languages have letters that my code won't be picking up. Even if I put the ini file in unicode format (which allows the storing of those characters) my game still won't pick them up. :/

So I'm afraid I have to turn down all three of these languages. I'm sorry.

Okay, so I got a PM (a bit earlier than deditbg sent the reply to this thread) from someone who can translate Polish as well and says the following now:

In polish language we have ą,ę,ż,ź,ł and ó. And when we can't pick them we use a,e,z,l,o. It looks like:
With polish letters: świeże białe zęby
Without polish letters: swieze biale zeby
In my opinion we can try to translate without polish letters, but it is you decision

I'm willing to go ahead with Polish this way if that is reasonable. But the two of you will have to figure out who will do the translating, or if you want to do it together. Technically I asked for people to reply to this thread if they wanted to translate (so everyone can see who asked first) but I also said it was on a first come, first serve base.

Just let me know how we'll do this guys, and you can get in for a Polish translation from my point of view.

The Polish translation

We will do it together with JeyJey 🙂 I'll do the very first version and he'll introduce some corrections to it as to be the best for Polish readers 🙂 so if you're interested send me the original [email protected] , and we'll take care of it 😉

We will do it together with JeyJey 🙂 I'll do the very first version and he'll introduce some corrections to it as to be the best for Polish readers 🙂 so if you're interested send me the original [email protected] , and we'll take care of it 😉

Yes, JeyJey sent me a PM earlier too that he'd pass it over to you but if you want to do it together that's completely fine with me.

I will send you a PM with the original, if that's fine with you. Just check your PMs for more instructions in a bit.

Ilohnoh there are ways to translate letters from Serbian to fit your use. You let me worry about that, you just make your game 😛

Ilohnoh there are ways to translate letters from Serbian to fit your use. You let me worry about that, you just make your game 😛

um okay. I still doubt that you'll see what you want in my game if you cook up some way to translate things. Technically it is possible to put anything in, but take an extra chunk of work to create.

I could offer my help, but I just think there's no point on translating it to Brazilian Portuguese. But if you think it's worthy, drop me a note, I'll be glad to help! 😉

I mean I can put the translation if you still need it with just western characters and it would still be readable to any native Serbian, aka would be accurate without chopping my language.

I could offer my help, but I just think there's no point on translating it to Brazilian Portuguese. But if you think it's worthy, drop me a note, I'll be glad to help! 😉

After a quick look at the wiki page for your language's alphabet I see no difference in the normal A-Z letter set so there shouldn't be a problem. There is no extra work for me involved in including your language and it can be fun for people to check out even if they can't read and understand it. So if you're interested in adding your language, you're welcome to do so. I'll send you the info you need and the first file to be translated. 🙂

I mean I can put the translation if you still need it with just western characters and it would still be readable to any native Serbian, aka would be accurate without chopping my language.

Yes, that's exactly what the Polish do too. Their letter set isn't compatible with the way I'm implementing this, but they can also type things in 'western style' by using characters that the non-polish keyboards can type, etc.

I do not specifically NEED any languages, but if you can use the existing letterset there is NO extra work for me involved in including an extra language. None whatsoever. The work is all on your side. So I don't know if there's any other Serbians who like to play this game in their language, or alternatively people who like to see what the girl would say in another language, what it looks like (and what they think it sounds like). That's another part of the fun. You can have the girls beg, talk and laugh in other languages too, even if you don't understand that, it can give it something extra, something special.

I'll go ahead and send you the info, you can create one language file already for the first character. Then it's up to you if you join in or not.

i can cover the spanish, despues de todo es mi lengua nativa.

i can cover the spanish, despues de todo es mi lengua nativa.

Great, BFWL! Spanish is one of the big languages in the world (not only spoken in Spain but in several parts of the US as well) so I'm surprised nobody claimed this one a bit earlier yet.

I will send you the information to get started shortly. Thanks. 🙂

Just in case I forget to say it later:

The game CAN be played with the mouse now, but I don't recommend it. The buttons are ugly, they are sort of 'in the way' (that can't be helped) and you'll have to move the mouse around to do the settings, not to mention that most of the button are single click so you may need to click several times to set a value you want.

I suggest trying with the keyboard first and trying to get used to that. It should get used pretty quickly and it may be faster and easier that way. You just use the six keys on the op left of the keyboard (ASDW and QE) and you can use shift with those to increase the effectiveness of those keys. Then there's space/enter to launch.

If you don't use a QUERTY keyboard, however, you probably want to use the mouse. I didn't spend time in making a custom key binding system like I did in Fman.

Anyway, you guys get to see and try this soon.

My translation will be over tomorrow evening my time.

DEMO VERSION
for translator eyes only!

Attention translators!

I thank you all for stepping forward and offering to help with translations, no rewards asked. But as I already told you in a PM after contacting me, your efforts are not going unrewarded and you will be able to get a glimpse of a working (but with limitations) version of the game.

This DEMO version can technically be downloaded by anyone, but you need a password in order to play it. I will send this by PM to everyone involved within the next couple of minutes, so please keep track of your inbox.

edit: all of you should have received your PM with the password by now. If not, please contact me.

Ilo.

Last edited:
NOTE: I hear that tickling doesn't trigger correctly for everyone. I'm investigating this and will try to fix it. Please keep your eye on this post for updates.

Update: Okay, the problem was found. It wasn't actually a bug as such, but while trying to analyse it I did find out that there is a problem if you don't run the game in 32bit mode. That wasn't the reason tickling didn't work in that case however. The reason was multitasking and the database initialisation screen being hidden behind another window.

Okay, so here's the deal:
- The reason that those few colourful pictures are shown on your screen before the game starts is to build the collision detection database. Unfortunately I do have to put those on the screen and it may not look very pretty. But this is because I transfer the colour map from there and the picture has to be on the display. If you cover it with some other application (e.g. your browser window) then the whole collision system will get messed up and the game won't work. So you have to just be patient and let the initialization do it's work.

Here's what I did and fixed:
- I put in a fix to solve the problem of having a different colour palette active (e.g. 16bit).
- I put in an extra message on the initialization window that you shouldn't overlap that window.

That's all I can do for now.

If anyone else is having problems with collision not being detected (but beware that there are a few places that don't fall in the trigger, such as exactly on top of the metal part near the left foot or just between the right shoulder and the head).
If tickling absolute doesn't happen, I would like to know.

I have attached a patch for the executable to this message with the mentioned changes. Please overwrite the old executable file. You should keep the /data folder!

Last edited:
Looks like 19 people have downloaded the demo so far (which is far more than I have translators, so they probably haven't read well...)

But it may tell also that people are desperate to see something, anything from this new game.

Well, it is proceeding well, but it still takes a little while before it's going to be released. In the meantime I'll give all of you a sneak peek of what's coming.

The screenshot of course doesn't show this, but whenever the girl (in this case Nami) is being tickled, she's animated. This is a three-frame animation. I'm not the best animator and there are some minor graphical glitches, but overall I can say it's looking pretty cool and should make a lot of people happy.

In this screenshot she lost her skirt (I did that manually, being the programmer gives you certain privileges) and basically she has in total 5 pieces of clothing she can lose (shirt, skirt, bra, panties, shoes). Well, you can only get her naked in 'expert mode', but in her undies she's looking quite awesome as well.

In this screenshot I'm showing off her awesome panties (with the skull on it. She's a pirate, you know!) and she's in 'eagle spread' (arms and legs pulled to the sides).

The plan is to add 2 more girls (they should go a good deal faster than Nami because I have the bases ready and I'm going to pretty much reuse them, just need to apply different clothing and some minor details). If it's really quickly and painless I might even add one extra... and it's also possible to addon more girls later, after the release (if I happen to feel like that).

The other thing I'm waiting for is more translations from our translator friends.

Enjoy!

What's New

9/26/2024
The TMF Chatroom is always busy and its free1
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back