• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

It's Alex Vayne. You know you want to click. :) (mmf/f)

Synful Pryde

TMF Expert
With lectures as boring as the ones I'm in, why not get something done? 😛

This picture also is on notebook paper ... sorry again, and for the usual smudginess and messiness. 🙁 Notebooks are more practical for me to carry than big sketch pads or whatnot, and I never seem to actually draw anything unless I'm deprived of growing grass or drying paint --

This is Alex Vayne (maybe you remember her?) in a bit of a quandary. I would explain more, but I tried actually writing stuff on the picture this time. I don't know if it is too cluttered, or of it is okay, or what, so would you please let me know what you think? Thanks 🙂

This picture is bigger than my usual ones and used two pages, so I had to try to splice them together. The reason is less than outstanding, but hopefully it will suffice~ Also because of the size, I'll just give you a link instead of putting the picture itself here.

There is also a "HIDDEN, OBSCURE CAMEO!" in the picture. See if you can spot it. (ha, ha... good luck?) If you can find it then, uh ... good, you can still see. 🙂 The cameo is of someone who seems to have taken a liking to our feisty redheaded instructor~! It's a bite-sized cameo though, so, "Not To Scale"~

http://www.celestial-song.com/images/alex_sensei.jpg

I hope it loads alright for you! Please leave your comments here. Thanks for looking!

Take care,
~Syn

Ah, another beautiful picture.

Hmm, I wonder who the mystery person was, a tail..it can' t be grippedchimp.

did i mention that you unequivocally and indubitably

ROCK!?

i... i think i'm going to cry...

beautiful picture, man. if anything, you have become more talented with every drawing. love Alex's expression. nice "hidden, obscure cameo."

wonder who it could be? 😕 😉 😀

keep on drawin' man!

Heh, heh, I love it. ^^

And actually, I think the notebook facet (where you sketched it) helps the image itself in a way...theme-wise, it fits perfectly. 😉

Khali

Mmm... Alex Vayne... what a fine fiery redhead she is! Glad you're still drawing her, and sticking to her original teaching job too! Another wonderful sketch on a boring day, Syn!

Hmm... now I have no clue who that guest star is with the feather... *squints* Nope, don't know he is. Kinda looks like my sister, 'cos it's an angry monkey midget...

Very, very cool. I must agree with Khali, the notebook adds to the image nicely, and I would venture a guess that the cameo is.....Chimp. He's the only one that comes to mind.

Anyway, I too am glad to see Alex Vayne again, your old pics of her are still some of my faves. Supah!😀

WOW!

Synful Pride, you did an excellent job on this pic. How long did it take, and did you do it all in your classes?

PS: I don't see any smuges 😉

This is a really good one. Even better then the last one. The sheer quality of the picture makes up for any smudging and the fact its on lined paper and a ringed notebook.

I wouldn't worry about smudging with a picture that looks this good. You've seemed to improve greatly in a short ammount of time.

What can you attribute this growth to, if I may ask?

Awesome job Syn! Thank god for those boring lectures!

DUDE, I love you! I love the way you draw feet, and I love Alex's laughing face. You totally rock my world! You are so COOL!!!

You could draw on felt, and I'd still love a picture like this!!!

Thanks for your (really, really) overly-kind replies. I'm glad you liked it, but sorry that I didn't do it better. Maybe on a rainy day I can try to ink it up or something..

Before I start addressing individual replies, I want to give a big apology. I know that I pop in and out of these boards maybe, what, once every three or four months maybe? And that I rarely if ever post replies to the other artists' terrific work. But, I'm here, posting these things and finding myself basking in posts that I really don't deserve. 🙁 The problem is that I'm probably not going to be able to change that ... It's not that I don't like to praise others' work, it's just that I generally don't like to say much outside of these posts that I'm making. (I know, selfish....) I feel bad if I just leave a post saying, "Hey good job, keep it up," because there are so many good pictures here that when I keep saying it, it makes me feel hollow. Does anyone know what I'm talking about? 🙁 I just wish that I could let you all know that your work is appreciated by all of us, even if people like me just look at it, admire it, and move on. Almost everyone that has posted on this thread has post images on this board, and I've replied to the posts of ...? maybe like three of you. To the rest of you (you know who you are, and so do I). Even if I don't say anything, even if I don't even acknowledge that I saw your pictures ... I look at them and I like them, and I appreciate what you do for the people here at the TMF (including me!!).

That was really long.

Ok..

FF7tickler, thanks, and: no no, of course not ... 😀

AussieMonkey, thankyou, I wish I would get better with every drawing; I would just draw and draw-- Oh wait, the key words were "if anything" ... I guess then nothing. 🙂

Khali and HisDivineShadow, you know, I never really thought about it that way (about the notebook relating to the teaching concept etc.)... that's a really nice way you have of turning my fallacy into something nice. 🙂 Thanks!

Chimp, LOL!! Angry monkey midget == little sister, indeed ... 😉 Thanks~

Kahoshiden, thanks .. umm, well, this one I actually started while waiting from one class to the next, so that was about an hour there... then a couple of hours waiting for the next class, then another one or two touchup hours later at night? I would guess 4-5 hours? And nope, not all my classes; some of them are actually interesting 🙂 But during the boring ones, and between classes, yes, I'm generally cramming for an exam or sketching. And no smudges? Someone lies 😉 You'll get your $5 afterward... hehe, thankyou.

Celtic_Emperor, thankyou. I don't know if my pictures have quality to make up for anything, much less being on weird paper, but thanks, many thanks.🙂 And, growth? 😕 I don't know about that... Maybe the thicker line art is just cleaner-looking than the other style? I don't think that I've really improved much. :ermm:

a1532b, thanks, and amen!

Fairfeather, thankyou... I have trouble with hands, they always seem to be too chubby or too clawlike or whatever... I'm happy that you thought that they were pretty good. 🙂

Critterlord, I'll hold you to that if I ever find myself low on paper but stock with felt, k? 🙂 But really ... I'm glad you liked it. Thankyou for your kindness~

Looking back at this post, I used lots and lots of smile faces. Sorry! It's late, what can I say?...

Thanks for reading this long post. I hope it wasn't too bothersome for you 🙂

~Syn

Synful Pryde said:
The problem is that I'm probably not going to be able to change that ... It's not that I don't like to praise others' work, it's just that I generally don't like to say much outside of these posts that I'm making. (I know, selfish....) I feel bad if I just leave a post saying, "Hey good job, keep it up," because there are so many good pictures here that when I keep saying it, it makes me feel hollow. Does anyone know what I'm talking about? 🙁

Well, I definately know what it feels like to be in that situation. Its the existance I have here actually. How sad, but oh well. Can't let that get me down. Thank God its just on this site and not everywhere else. At least this way I know its not my problem.

But knowing how you feel about it does help, in any light, and I'm not judging you or anyone for it. Its just sad sometimes. Something none of the artists here should have to go through. Everyone should be getting equal time as far as I care. People here are too selective, and if they don't like the artist (for whatever reason) rather then their art (which is supposed to be the main focus and point anyway) then they won't give the artist the time of day regardless of their talent or lack thereof. I still haven't lived down an incident that happened a long time ago. And really, I shouldn't have to live it down because I'm not some criminal who did something horrible or wrong, and those that would chastize me for it are continuing to do so for no legitmate reason. If its not about that, and its about my attitude, I don't give anyone any problems so I don't know where the angst is coming from. (You know who you are) And I'll leave that at that.

Celtic_Emperor, thankyou. I don't know if my pictures have quality to make up for anything, much less being on weird paper, but thanks, many thanks.🙂 And, growth? 😕 I don't know about that... Maybe the thicker line art is just cleaner-looking than the other style? I don't think that I've really improved much. :ermm:

Unless I'm mistaking you for another artist (which I don't believe I'm doing) you have improved a good deal. At least, I think so. Or maybe it is the way you are drawing the pictures now that gives off that impression of improvement. Only you could say really, thats why I asked. Only the artist him/herself can gauge how well they've improved.

And by growth I guess I mean is there anything inspiring you? Because its common for artists to get going on a good drawing streak when they are inspired by another's works, especially the professionals in the japanese animation industry.

I myself get alot of inspiration from Ken Akamatsu (Love Hina) and Sadamoto Yoshiyuki (Neon Genesis Evangelion).

Finally, I think the thicker, bolder lines are a credit to your pictures. It gives them a nice, refined look.

I'm exhausted so I'm going to try to keep this short.🙂

Firstly, thanks Celtic_Emperor, for not holding it against me. But really, you should, because again ... it is very selfish of me. I guess I just come here and put up a picture, and then leave for x months, and do it again -- without really being a part of the community. And that is not good.

So I'm going to try to change that. Unfortunately, I've said that before, and where am I now? But I'll try it again, and hopefully have better success.

As for the rest ...

Well, I hope that I have improved. I usually don't have a very good opinion of my own work ... there're always so many things that could've, should've been done better. And really, they're just, I don't know. 🙂 Not par for the course...

Inspiration, I don't think there is really. I have not watched anime or read manga in months and don't know when I'll be able to again (which is unfortunate, there's a lot of good stuff coming soon). There might be something that I'm just not aware of. I'm not usually on the ball anyway. 🙂

I also like the thicker lines thing, it makes it feel less sketchy (to me anyway). Thanks :]

Ok, sleep calls to me.

~Syn

Ph-nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.

I think you're being being too hard on yourself. I don't think its so important as to how much time you're online, as it is to what you do with the time that you have.

I'm sure all artists can understand how you feel about not feeling you've done your best or that you could have done better. Sometimes when I finish a picture I look at it after it has been commented on and what not, and then I see things I didn't see before. Things that could have been drawn better. Its just part of the way it is. As long as its not something that hinders us its not that important. And really, its good to be aware of your own mistakes so that you can fix them and avoid them next time.

Goodnight. ^___^

um...

i know it might just be my blatant egoism... but i think that guy might be me. or at least i thought it was... but now i'm not so sure... maybe i do just have a fat head... WAAAAAAAAA!

i hope i have never put an artist's work down just because of his/her views or how i perceive them. i did joke about the quality of Rajee's and DC's work, but it was all in good fun, and i hope they don't grudge me.

syn, you da man! you da man's man's man!

Syn, this is great work. I remember when you first started posting your drawings and was impressed back then. And once again, i find myselkf being impressed by your work. Looking back, it's easy to see how you've improved in your style. While it may be true you have a habbit of disapearing for a while, the end result when you come back is always worth the temporary absenses. Continue to draw for fun and your own pleasure, Syn, cause that's the best way to do it. I eagerly await to see your next picture, and continue to be impressed by your increasing skills.

What's New

9/21/2024
Visit the TMF Welcome forum and take a second to say hello to us!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back