• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Jackpot (Poser Art - f - non tkl)

Hahathna

TMF Master
I was playing in Poser yesterday, and the idea for this kinda just popped into my head... hope you enjoy it!

Attachments

• jackpot.jpg
    jackpot.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 527
Now this fantasy is constantly popping into my head! Gorgeous and eager for loads of give 'n' take fun! Heaven on earth!

Hello,

will you continue this comic? I would like it very much to see how this story goes on.

yours

Edmont

This is by far, my faorite hahathna.....But how do you make clothes for your characters?

Journia--

I do what all no-talent hacks do... I buy them off the rack (i.e. from sites like Daz3d or Renderosity)!

The two basic ways of making clothes for Poser characters is to; 1) use a modeling program to build the clothing, or 2) make them a part of the character's body mat (skin texture). I've done a little work using the second technique, but have stayed away from the first as I have neither the skills or tools to do it. So I purchase pre-made outfits and costumes for the charaters, which I mix and match to create the look I have in mind. You can also alter the texture mats of the clothes to change the look of the clothing.

In the "Jackpot" render, I used pieces from three different sets I'd purchased to create Alyssa's wardrobe. Her top is from the "Jordan for A3" set (A3 for Aiko 3.0 - the base model I use) available at Daz3d.com, which I chose for its light and airy casual look. The capri pants came from the Capri Fashion for A3 set (also from Daz3d). Alyssa is loosely based on a girl I once worked with who wore only capris pants, so that choice was an easy one. The sneakers came from the Neko A3 Cheerleader Set and helped to complete her look.

I wish I had the tools and the talent to create the clothing for my characters (it'd certainly save me some $$$ if I could), but I'm just happy that there are so many really beautiful clothing sets available for purchase (and some freebies too) to let me exercise my over-active imagination.

Hahathna said:
Journia--

I do what all no-talent hacks do... I buy them off the rack (i.e. from sites like Daz3d or Renderosity)!

The two basic ways of making clothes for Poser characters is to; 1) use a modeling program to build the clothing, or 2) make them a part of the character's body mat (skin texture). I've done a little work using the second technique, but have stayed away from the first as I have neither the skills or tools to do it. So I purchase pre-made outfits and costumes for the charaters, which I mix and match to create the look I have in mind. You can also alter the texture mats of the clothes to change the look of the clothing.

In the "Jackpot" render, I used pieces from three different sets I'd purchased to create Alyssa's wardrobe. Her top is from the "Jordan for A3" set (A3 for Aiko 3.0 - the base model I use) available at Daz3d.com, which I chose for its light and airy casual look. The capri pants came from the Capri Fashion for A3 set (also from Daz3d). Alyssa is loosely based on a girl I once worked with who wore only capris pants, so that choice was an easy one. The sneakers came from the Neko A3 Cheerleader Set and helped to complete her look.

I wish I had the tools and the talent to create the clothing for my characters (it'd certainly save me some $$$ if I could), but I'm just happy that there are so many really beautiful clothing sets available for purchase (and some freebies too) to let me exercise my over-active imagination.

Thank you Hahathna, I am sorry if I seem to be bugging you.

I have one more question, I have been collecting freebies already and was wondering how I was supposedget them into my poser props and clothing archives. Would you be able to give me a tip on that please?

Journia--

Questions are never a bother!

How you get your files into Poser so they're usable depends on if you have a PC or a Mac (I'm a Mac user myself... heaven help me).

If you work on a PC, you can install the file manually or purchase a utility program that'll install them for you (I know such programs exist, but don't know the names of any of them off the top of my head as I'm on the Mac side). To install them, unzip the file you want to install. The open up your Poser folder and open up the Runtime folder. You then need to drag the subfolders into the matching folder in Runtime (i.e. a Geometries subfolder goes into Geometries in Runtime, etc.). The three main folders in Runtime are Geometries (this is where the geometry [object] files are stores), textures and the Libraries folder. The Libraries folder is broken down into various subtypes - characters, face, hair, hands, lights, Props, poses, etc. With all these different folders and file types, you can see how getting a utility program to auto-install your files will be a great help. It's all a matter of matching the file with the proper folder and subfolder within Runtime to make it work.

On the Mac side, you need to get the freeware utilites MacConverter (which converts PC Poser files so they can be used on a Mac) and MacInstaller (which installs them in Runtime) to make them work.

You should also know that sometimes a freebie file will only contain the base files and not the subfolders, so it'll be necessary to create those subfolders in Runtime (i.e. the zip file is of a feather prop and only has the prop file [a .pp2 file] in it - prop files don't have Geometry files, so just create a subfolder in the libraries/props folder and put the file there).

Hopefully that will help... please don't hesitate to ask any other questions you might have!

What's New

9/18/2024
If you need to report a post, the report button is on the lower left of it.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back