• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Jan Moir on Stephen Gately

Grim1

Although this has been in the news for almost a week now, there has been a tremendous response in the UK to comments made by a Daily Mail journalist named Jan Moir with regards to the death of Stephen Gately. Many people felt her comments were homophobic and needlessly cast suspicion over the death of (to some people) a much loved and very talented pop star.

I happened to read the article in the Daily Mail the day it was published. Moir conjured up accusations of 'sleazy circumstances' due to the young age of Gately and hinted that his homosexuality and possible sex acts/drug use associated as such with his partner may have led to his death.

Over 22,000 people complained about the article, a record number for anything ever printed in a national newspaper.

I was interested as to what everyone's opinions were of this matter?

Do you think this is a case of the general public jumping on another bandwagon when it comes to issuing complaints? The Andrew Sachs/Ross and Brand incident springs to mind, (where only 2 complaints were actually received following the initial broadcast, however when the incident was published in the newspaper the next day there were thousands more complaints from people who had never even heard the show). Or do you think Moir was indeed completely out of order, casting suspicion and doubt over the death of a young celebrity with a blatant disregard to not only his reputation, but the reputation of the gay community as a whole?

This is a link to the article which was titled 'A strange, lonely troubling death'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1220756/A-strange-lonely-troubling-death--.html

What's New

9/20/2024
Clips4Sale offers the most tickling clips in one place on the entire web.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back