• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Joshua: the movie

mabus

1st Level Green Feather
This is probably one of the best religious films to make it to the big screen. The religious right always always bitches that films are evil and are badly made, and demand that their flock boycott them - or protest the films if they really get in a bad mood. yet, they refuse to just go out and actually make a good film, to kind of show Hollywood how to do it. No, actually, they do, sometimes.

And boy do they SUCK. They are all about the end of the world, the anti-christ, etc. "The Omega Code." It made a lot of money, so they made "The Omega Code 2" which was a retelling of the first movie! Kind of like, here's the parts we didn't show in the first one! Oh brother.....
The acting sucks, the script sucks, the story sucks, everything sucks. They say, "We hate all that violence in movies..." so when they make a movie, it is about the violent end of the world, and the star is the anti-christ - ie: Satan. Yeah, okay, that'll fix hollywood...😕
They teach the true path to faith and fullfillment - not do unto others as you would have them do unto you - they hate that commandment, they can't judge people if they followed that one! (Jesus really didn't MEAN it that way, He said they could still point the finger of condenmation at others....when He talked about the splinter in our eyes, He meant actual "splinters"...) No, the true path to eternal happiness is to engage the Anti-christ in battle and defeat him...and since He isn't here yet, well...uhhhh....I guess we're all screwed. We can't be saved yet, unless we can find evidence he's here, (there have already been like 50 candidates for the Anti-christ...)

All sarcasm aside, there is finally a film that "gets it," and that is Joshua. The acting is good. The guest starts aren't "guest stars," they serve a purpose. It is told in the real world. There is no cursing, yet it is believable. Like, it's not missed. There are no cheesy computer graphics. In fact, there are NO computer effects, and that is one of the reasons the movie is so good. Megiddo was full of them, and they were just...THERE. There were there so they would attract audiences who just want to see computer graphics. Joshua relies on story and acting to carry it through. It is easy to follow, it makes sense, it isn't annoying, I just really liked this movie! Of course, I'm comparing it to all the end of the world ones, so this comes out looking like Citrizen Kane compared to those. You can't watch this movie WITHOUT comparing it to the others, and seeing how this one got it right, and those others just used what they thought the audiences wanted - war scenes, special effects, stupid one liners - to attract people.

If you get a chance, go see it, and tell me if it was uplifting, or if it sucks.

I'll have to look for that one. It sounds interestng. I agree that Omega 2 was horrible, not much better than the first one. I really wanted to like the Omega Code, as the story itself was rather good. The acting, however, was so horrible (escpecially by professional celebrity Casper Van Dien) that it blew the whole film for me.

What's New

9/26/2024
The TMF Chatroom is always busy and its free1
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back