• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Jules Verne quote

ElFewja

Verified
In the Year 2889 - Jules Verne

"Mr. John Last," he begins again, turning to a new arrival, "I am not as pleased with your work. Your story is not a picture of life; it lacks the elements of truth. And why? Simply because you run straight on to the end; because you do not analyze. Your heroes do this thing or that from this or that motive, which you assign without ever a thought of dissecting their mental and moral natures. Our feelings, you must remember, are far more complex. In real life every act is the result of a hundred thoughts that come and go, and these you must study, one by one, if you would create a living character. 'But,' you will say, 'in order to note these fleeting thoughts one must know them, must be able to follow them in their capricious meanderings.' Why, any child can do that, as you know. Simply make use of hypnotism, electrical or human, which gives one a twofold being, setting free the witness-personality so it may see, understand and remember the reasons which determine the personality that acts. Just study yourself as you live from day to day, my dear Last. Imitate your associate who I complimented a moment ago. Let yourself be hypnotized. What's that? You have tried it already? Not sufficiently, then, not sufficiently!"

Etc

If there's a secret to writing, I'd say it was "There are nine and sixty ways of constructing tribal lays. And every single one of them is right!"

You keep saying this. So I have to ask: WHAT other things????

Originally, the first time I used it, I felt that I had left something out. Actually, I knew I had, so I threw down etc. and wrote after it that it covered everything I may have forgotten. Not long after, since that worked for me, I started just... saying it while speaking. In a presentation I gave Weds., I noticed that I was saying the same things over and over again, and needed to break away from that thought process, but also recognized that I had not fully explained the thought I needed to, so I said etc. and moved onto the next unrelated thing. In a high level course. Yeah that went over well.

But yea, I have a very bad habit of... forgetting about ten things in a post or an email, and having to send several (I've done up to 7 addendum emails in one go..) because I forgot one sentence, and then another and another, each of which greatly affected the... rambling. It's more of a signature now, as well as a something that allows me to become unique in a conformed way (like little posters in your cubicle!), so yeah.

I'd say specifically in that post I forgot an analysis of the passage and why it's important to me. But now I think it's not necessary, so I'll leave it as is.

Journia got it pretty dead on.

Etc.

What's New

9/19/2024
The TMF Archives hold colections of our communities creators work, take a look!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back