• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Kingdom Hearts II

-Kunoke-

2nd Level Red Feather
Okay, first of all, anyone who thinks this is a stupid kiddy game, go ahead and start making fun now. I like it, and I'm proud to like it.

As an absolutely, honestly, OBSESSIVE fan of Kingdom Hearts, I'm psyched for KH2. In fact, I'm even more excited for this game than I was for Halo 2. It's already out in Japan, but doesn't come out here until a few days before my birthday. Hmm...perhaps that's something I should ask for...

Out of sheer curiousity, I downloaded the intro, and it's beautiful. The graphics are smooth, defined, and about as realistic as a slightly cartoony game can get. I've been doing a bunch of thinking and researching on KH2 actually, because I'm really into the story of the game. That's usually how I am though.

I wanted to touch on a couple things that really got my brain going. First, the white guys that slightly resemble heartless (if any of you have seen trailers for it yet, they're in there), but don't have the space in their chests. I've been wondering what exactly those things are. Second, the creator himself has claimed that some parts of the game, specifically worlds, are so long that it could take up to 8 hours to finish. Yeah, 8 hours. Crazy huh? Lastly, and you'd have to see the intro for yourself to find out, but remember at the beginning of the first game when Sora was underwater? Then he touched down, and a large picture of one of the disney princesses appeared, right? Well in the intro to KH2, it happens again. But, it's not Sora this time, and it's a different picture under this new guy...I don't want to spoil anything, but I'll post a screenshot if anyone wants it.

Any thoughts?

Yeah, I was obsessed with the first game too. It took me forever to beat that clocktower boss. One thing I did see in a japanese advertisement that looks awesome is that one of the worlds they're using is the one from the movie "TRON". That and the Pirates of the Caribean world looks cool too....though I doubt Johnny Depp will be lending his voice for Jack Sparrow...

>.>
*Has his Depp time*

One can dream can't they? Although I am quite interested if they do the Tron thing. Sora, Donald and Goofy in the Tron gear...lmao.

Im not a big Rpg dude But the game rocked that Im Stoked for the second one and boy I cant wait

Hopefully they get good voice actors. I don't want to see a repeat of last time when they used Lance Bass (>.<) for the most badass of enemies Sephiroth.

Abadon XXX said:
>.>
*Has his Depp time*

One can dream can't they? Although I am quite interested if they do the Tron thing. Sora, Donald and Goofy in the Tron gear...lmao.

No, I meant they are DEFINITELY using it....in fact heres a list I found of all the worlds being used in the new game:

World of Aladdin
World of Beauty and the Beast
World of Disney Castle
World of Hercules
World of Lion King
World of Little Mermaid
World of Mulan
World of Pirates of the Caribbean
World of Steamboat Willie
World of The Nightmare Before Christmas
World of Tron: Space Paranoids
World of Winnie the Pooh: 100 Acre Wood

I saw a screenshot of the Steamboat Willie world......very VERY weird! LOL Also announced were cameos by 5 additional Final Fantasy characters along with the ones seen in the first game. (I also read that one of the new summons includes Lilo & Stitch....odd....)

Don't feel bad Kunoke, I'm with ya on the whole obsessive thing.

*Spoiler* I believe that those white things are called "Nobodies." I remember someone telling me how they were made, but can't really recall exactly how, but I'll get back to you on that one.

OMG the intro was so beautiful I had to download the song "Passion" and the orchestrated version as well.

I'll admit, when I first saw the concept of Kingdom Hearts in a PSM magazine, I, at the age of like 15 or 16 when I hated Disney passionately because I was too cool for it, thought it looked "gay". Teaming up with animated Disney characters and fighting the Disney villians was stupid to me. I thought Sora looked stupid, especially with those big yellow shoes of his. Kairi's concept sketch looked like an Olsen twin. Riku would have looked cool except he was wearing yellow. Yellow? Come on! To me, they all looked like Disney characters and would have fit in well in a Disney movie, animated or otherwise. I had no interest in teaming up with Donald Duck and Goofy. As for their quest to find King Mickey, well I was praying that I wouldn't have to look at Mickey Mouse at any point in the game. To top it off, Sora couldn't wield a badass sword, no, a wussy looking character had to wield a wussy looking key called the Keyblade. Yellow and white with a Mickey Mouse keychain? Ugh! Plus the bad guys. The Heartless? What kind of name was that? "I'll tell you! It's a gay ass name from the guys at Disney. This is TOTALLY a Disney movie, I don't care if the guys at Square are working on it. It's DISNEY!!!!" replied my 16 year old persona. Oh yeah, the magazine said it's not all light-hearted fun. The game often gets very dark and moody, and Sora, Riku, and Kairi ponder "deep, trouble, existential questions". Then again, it also said that the Disney movies weren't always light-hearted either, so what did PSM know?

Boy was I wrong. Thank God I matured a wee bit.

I still am not a fan of the Disney movies, but that's why I'm thankful that Square was working on the game, not Disney. It's more like a Final Fantasy game than a Disney game. That is the reason the game kicks so much ass (I am confident it would have sucked if Disney produced it. I swear the characters would have broke into song. I hate that). I think the characters look cool, though the artists really need to stop giving them such big feet (on a related note, Kairi is hot in the second one. Her head is proportional to her body!). The Heartless are cool. The Keyblade is cool. The entire game is freakin' AWESOME!!!!!!! I love having Aladdin or Ariel in my party, though having Sora, Donald, and Goofy rocks more than anything. It also brought back some memories for me because, while I don't care for them today, I used to love Disney movies when I was a little kid. I only wish there were more worlds in the game. My main complaint is that Sephiroth was ONLY a secret boss. He should have been planning everything along with Malifecent. Oh well, I think they remedied that in the second game.

Speaking of which, the second game looks even better than the original. What with the Order, the Nobodies along with the Heartless, Sora's new black outfit, and King Mickey complete with Order robes and the same Keyblade as Sora but with the colors reversed, the game really seems to have a darker feel than the original.

Hell right now I'm in the middle of Kingdom Hearts. I just finished my first run through Hollow Bastion.

Yeah, I know I went off on a tangent, but I've been in "Kingdom Hearts mode" for the last few weeks now. Here's a great site for you all to check out: khinsider.com.

The game has the greatest engine. I think more squareenxi games need this engine. ITs more involving gameplay then hitting fight, magic, item, or run

i thought it was kiddy until i played it, was totally hooked, i friggin loved it... took a break from it for a month then someone whom i thought was a good friend stole it outta my house, was in the middle of alice in wonderland at the time, so i'm gonna go buy 1 and 2. i'm syked aswell.

w4ell I realize the thread is basically dead at this point I am curious, how was/is the game? =)

The game isn't out in this country yet. It comes out March 28. It came out in Japan on December 22.

Yeah...I'm really feeling anxious at this point because it was supposed to come out March 1st :sad: Oh well. It's definately worth the wait.

What's New

9/21/2024
Visit the TMF Welcome forum and take a second to say hello to us!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back