• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Lymes Disease

nessonite1

3rd Level White Feather
Huzzah!
The powers that be (either that or a random bastard deer tick) have determined that it's necessary to give me Lymes Disease.
I just got back from the hospital where everyone seemed to agree that my strange, target shaped rash is indeed cause for alarm. I got some blood drawn and a 3 week course of antibiotics.
wheee!
My dog was just treated a month or so ago for the same thing. Now me. I don't know if it's true in other areas but we seem to have had a sidden surge of deer ticks. We haven't even SEEN them before and so far this year we've picked 2 off of my daughter, 1 off of my husband, and both my dog and I have gotten sick.
So if you live in NJ or anywhere in the northeast be extra careful and check yourself (and your family) for ticks every night. Thoroughly. Deer ticks are TINY, unlike regular ticks you find on your pets. Black and about the size of a sesame seed.
Most people who get lymes don't recall ever even seeing a tick since they're so tiny. Watch for a rash shaped like a bullseye or target and/or a low grade fever. You can find the common symptoms in a million places online.
I'm attaching a photo I took tongiht. Not telling where it was though 😀

Please wish me luck. I've spotted the problem early and I got the proper medical attention but that's not always a guarantee so...if you could send a good thought my way I'd apreciate it. This couldn't have come at a worse time as I'm in the middle of another medical malady that I'm being treated for.
Gee, I have such fantastic luck!

EDIT: I just realized that the thumbnail pic looks just like a nipple LOL!

Attachments

• lymes.jpg
    lymes.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:
Wow. Sorry to hear about this, ness. But you've done everything right, reconginzing the problem right away and getting immediate treatment. I'm sure the antibiotics will do the trick. Please keep us informed about your progress. All our best wishes are with you.

Last edited:
Wow, it DOES look like a nipple LOL.

Sorry to hear about it. Hope you get well soon.

I'll pray for you and your family. Continue to keep this positive attitude. It helps in more ways than you think. 🙂

Thank you, all. 🙂 I will hopefully remember to post here when the 3 weeks is over to say all is well. 🙂

I'm praying for you girl...for your health, and for better luck in general...I miss you, and miss chatting...keep your TT family posted...and if you need anything, I might be coming back your way in a week or so...let a TT Vixen know!!! Take care of yourself babes...that's an order from your official Jewish Mother...😉

And you're right, that does look like a nipple...yum! 😛

Wow, I'm really sorry to hear that Nessie... Just please try not to worry. The antibiotics should take care of it since you caught it early. My thoughts are with you. 😀

nessonite said:
Thank you, all. 🙂 I will hopefully remember to post here when the 3 weeks is over to say all is well. 🙂
Just to reassure us completely, could you post another photo when the rash is gone? Some of us would feel better if we could examine you ourselves. (And ask the cameraman to zoom out just a bit.)

Nessie what did I tell you about frolicking with the deer late at night!! Don't worry though...all will be better soon and you can return to your scandelous night romps! 😀

ignatz01 said:
Just to reassure us completely, could you post another photo when the rash is gone? Some of us would feel better if we could examine you ourselves. (And ask the cameraman to zoom out just a bit.)
You're a naughty man, ignatz! 😉

Littlebighead said:
You're a naughty man, ignatz! 😉
Just a little lascivious levity to cheer up the patient. Hey, if anybody has any practical advice about eradication of these pernicious deer ticks, why not post it? They don't call this Tick Kill Theater for nothing, you know.

Last edited:
On the funny side, u can have some kids shoot pellet guns at ya now since ya have a target or be a spokesmodel for the target chain instead of that damn dog with the red bullseye

Tick Kill Theater... brilliant!

I wish I had practical advice to offer. Lymes disease seems more prevalent on the east coast than the west, so I've had little actual experience dealing with it. The medical websites talk mostly about prevention, with little mention of extermination (only obvious talk about bug sprays, etc.)

At the moment I'm feeling more vengeance-minded than practical anyway. How about a very small rack, for instance, with multiple manacles for all eight limbs? Make an example of the little bastard for messin' with our nessie!

Last edited:
LOL @ both of Iggy's posts. 😛 Thanks so much guys, you've made me feel a ton better (even as the antibiotics are making me feet a bit nauseated). 😛

The problem is more prevalant on the east coast but people in the west should be just as careful. I know I was bitten by at least a few dog ticks in California and one girl in my class had lymes disease that went untreated for too long and caused her to have a number of arthritis-like problems.

As for repelling ticks....I'm pretty sure a standard bug repelant that repels dog ticks (the big ones) should repel deer ticks as well. Check the label. Make sure your outdoor pets have some sort of protection against ticks as well. I didn't protect my dog and she's suffered for my neglegance.
To get RID of them...I don't know. We've talked about getting guinea hens as they eat ticks but I'm not sure if they eat the deer ticks as well.

I'm glad you're feeling cheerier, dear. Sorry you're sick at your stomach, but thank you for saying "nauseated" instead of "nauseous." And, folks, don't obsess over my request for eradication tactics...I was really just setting up that joke about Tick Kill Theater.

lol iggy. 😛 Very few people are aware of the proper/improper use of the word "nauseous"!

nessonite said:
lol iggy. 😛 Very few people are aware of the proper/improper use of the word "nauseous"!
I think it was Will Strunk in "The Elements of Style" who advised, "Do not say, 'I feel nauseous' unless you are certain you have that effect on other people."

Not to worry

Nesssonite,
I have Lymes Disease and my nephew does to. We are both fine now but when it hit us at first we had all the symptoms of fatigue and achy joints. Just stay on course with the meds and you'll be OK. I suggest you buy the flea and tick granuals at like Home Depot or Lowes. It is like flaky coffee grinds. Spread it along the property line and about 12 feet inward, those suckers can jump. I did and I haven't seen one or pulled one off my dogs since. Just keep the dogs and kids off the grass for a day or 2. It is worth it. Also do a web search on it, there are some foods that can help with the symptoms, I just don't remember which, it was a while ago. I also had Rock Mountain Spotted Fever from a tick Back in the eighties I was like 1 of 3 cases in all of New Jersey. The CDC took my blood every day for 2 weeks. Man that knocked me on my but, but no permenant damage. I live at the shore in Jersey about 5 minutes over the bridge from Sea Side Heights and we have a ton of those little menaces. You'll do fine plus I'll light a candle for you.
Cheers
MrFingers

Nessie that is without a doubt a deer tick bite, and hopefully you are on Doxycycline. You said that you were on antiabotics (or however it's spelled), but I think that Doxy is the best, especially 2X Daily of 100mg per capsule. My mom got bitten by a deer tick several weeks ago and shortly thereafter, I got bit. I am a few days away from completing 3 weeks worth myself. My thoughts and prayers go to ya.

-F.L. Atlanta

nessonite said:
Huzzah!
The powers that be (either that or a random bastard deer tick) have determined that it's necessary to give me Lymes Disease.
I just got back from the hospital where everyone seemed to agree that my strange, target shaped rash is indeed cause for alarm. I got some blood drawn and a 3 week course of antibiotics.
wheee!
My dog was just treated a month or so ago for the same thing. Now me. I don't know if it's true in other areas but we seem to have had a sidden surge of deer ticks. We haven't even SEEN them before and so far this year we've picked 2 off of my daughter, 1 off of my husband, and both my dog and I have gotten sick.
So if you live in NJ or anywhere in the northeast be extra careful and check yourself (and your family) for ticks every night. Thoroughly. Deer ticks are TINY, unlike regular ticks you find on your pets. Black and about the size of a sesame seed.
Most people who get lymes don't recall ever even seeing a tick since they're so tiny. Watch for a rash shaped like a bullseye or target and/or a low grade fever. You can find the common symptoms in a million places online.
I'm attaching a photo I took tongiht. Not telling where it was though 😀

Please wish me luck. I've spotted the problem early and I got the proper medical attention but that's not always a guarantee so...if you could send a good thought my way I'd apreciate it. This couldn't have come at a worse time as I'm in the middle of another medical malady that I'm being treated for.
Gee, I have such fantastic luck!

EDIT: I just realized that the thumbnail pic looks just like a nipple LOL!

Yep indeed that is Lymes.

As a Phlebotomist, I do tons of Lymes tests. Over the last 4 years, if I had 100 bucks(pun not intenended at first but now that I see it.....!)for every test for Lymes I could pay off my mortgage, buy two new trucks and a Yacht and retire. NO exageration.
You may need to take the antibiots for up to 30 days or so and more bloodwork is to follow.
No need to panic just take your meds and stay away from tall grass and brush. And your little DOG tooooooooo! (meaning tell or keep your dog away from tall grass and brush, not you stay away from the dog)

TTD

the antibiotics are makin yer feet nauseated?!? Dear god, get off them now!
lol

Nausea is unfortunately one of the possible side effects listed for Doxycycline (the med both my dog and I take/have taken).

I suggest you buy the flea and tick granuals at like Home Depot or Lowes. It is like flaky coffee grinds. Spread it along the property line and about 12 feet inward, those suckers can jump. I did and I haven't seen one or pulled one off my dogs since. Just keep the dogs and kids off the grass for a day or 2.

We live on 6 acres so that would be a LOT of chemicals to be spreading around. Plus there are several patches of dense trees, tall grass, and bushes scattered around. I read that ticks don't jump at all though. This, like I said, is the first year we've lived here (out of almost 10) that we've seen deer ticks at ALL. I will look into different types of yard treatment but with the size of our yard and the heavy deer population here I dont know if there's much that can be done without saturating the yard with nasty chemicals (which I really don't want to do as we grow vegetables as well).

Thanks again to all who have wished me well!

sorry to hear that ness.

but thanks or showing us your nipple! ...errrrr...ummm...

boy, it makes me happier that i live in Florida, and not waaay up there.

What's New

9/20/2024
Clips4Sale offers the most tickling clips in one place on the entire web.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back