• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

MayDay's 666th post extravaganza!

MayDay1

1st Level Red Feather
With this thread, I will have six hundred and sixty six posts on this forum. Break open the champaine!

In celebration of this event, I was thinking of going on a tirade about the failings of this botched chimp evolution called the human race. But no, instead I'm going to do something positive. I want to talk to you about something very important to me.

The state of music today is a wreck. Why should I care about Britney, Hilary, Ashlee, or any of those pop tarts when they can't sing the crummy song their handlers picked in the first place? And is anyone else sick of Green Day ripoff bands like Good Charlotte, Sum 41, A Simple Plan, and so on? Is it just me or has metal become a parody of itself? And hip hop just plain stinks. That's why I'm asking everyone who reads this to do something for me. TURN OFF THE RADIO! Trust me, it'll do you some good. Instead, here's a list of six bands that I think are really worth the time to check out. I'm urging everybody to at least give 'em a try. What could it hurt? Nothing! That's what! If anyone is brave enough to hunt these bands down and give 'em an ear, report back here with your review.

1. THE BILLY NAYER SHOW
(storytelling lounge band with a penchant for bizarre lyrics)
2. ISIS
(metal band with songs that go seven minutes or longer)
3. LE TIGRE
(low fi electronica about social and political issues that's easy to dance to)
4. LOVAGE
(the perfect soundtrack for the next time you get laid)
5. MC PAUL BARMAN
(hip hop ryhme structures based on mathmatical formulas)
6. SKELETON KEY
(vocals, guitar, bass, drums, and junk. you heard right)

You forgot Insane Clown Posse!!! 😱
No, but seriously....there is some good hip hop, you just don't hear it because they don't rap about their billions of dollars, cars or mansions.....anyway, if you want hip hop that's worth checking out, go check out Tech N9ne. I'd go as far as saying he's the best rapper on earth!

Last edited:
I agree that there is good hip hop. Lifesavas, Del, Dan the Automator, even Grand Buffet. My point is that you won't find it on the air waves, be it radio or tv.

Don't you have some musical homework to do?

That's all well and good but you don't get the point. The point is to try something new that you may not otherwise get to hear about. The bands I listed don't get the benefit of radio airplay, Mtv coverage, highly lucrative record deals, the cover of Rolling Stone, the stadium filling mega tours or any of the other perks that TOOL gets. Everybody and their mother has heard TOOL. Have you heard ISIS? No? Then get on it.

We're talking about six musicains only here. You wanna talk about another band, start your own thread.

The Church Lady Wants A Chat, Mayday!!

The Devil You Say!! That's A Hell Of A Note! Congrats On The Triple Sixes! I'm Not Even Still Mad About Losing My Retirement Savings Investing In Your International Chain Of Charm Schools! Lol! Keep The Great Posts And Threads Coming Man! Being A Bluegrass(then Really Only Acoustic Guitar) Fiend, I Do Need To Broaden My Musical Horizons. Thanks For The Suggestions.

Ha! Nice one, GT. Let the Church Lady know I wanna chat with her/him/it as well about that pile of excrement he/she/whatever dropped on us called "Master of Disguise". Seriously, did anyone NOT high laugh at that?

Bluegrass you say. I admit I know not a lot about that. The closest I come to that is Jerry Reed and that's not close at all.

My charm school DOES work! Ever here the phrase "Money can't buy you love"? If you don't have any money, then you'll have to be pretty charming to find love, right? MayDay's a genius!

You can't live off Yellowcard forever, people!

I'm glad to see this little experiment has succeeded...... :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

What's New

10/18/2024
If you see some spam on the forum, report it with the report button on its lower left,
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back