• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Mexican Rock

Chingon is totally tops. I love their rendition of "Malaguena Salerosa". I was introduced to them when watching the Kill Bill 2 special features and was blown totally away.

Similiarly, I'm also a fan of Doug Sahm and Freddie Fender's band Texas Tornadoes for a great Tejano sound. If you don't know 'em, check 'em out. They parted ways a few years back when Sahm passed away, but there's a lot of material by them through the 1990s.

If you liked that bro

Check out Latin Playboys by Dave Hidalgo, its his offshoot band from Los Lobos

the hollywood brother has not listen to mexican rock but if it kicks backside and is cool then the hollywood brother can rock out to it just like the hollywood brother does to many artist like quiet, riot, bon jovi and twisted sister to name a few

I admit, I wasn't into the Doug or his famous quintet for awhile, and I'm still not really. "She's About A Mover" is an annoying song, but I absolutely love "Dynamite Woman" and "Mendocino."

I just wanna make sure we're not talking about the stuff that used to get played on the now defunct Univision show "Caliente." I would be hard-pressed to call that "rock."

What was it? Polka-style music? That's a large part of Tejano music. I'm not sure where it came from, but the accordion and polka rhythms are an important aspect of the style.

Some of it was. A lot of it was dance type stuff, but you also got a lot of stuff that was "rock" in the same vein as Bryan Adams' "Heaven" and Nik Kershaw's "Wouldn't It Be Good". *puke*

But those are both Rock and Roll. Just like Duran Duran, Van Halen, Pat Benatar, The Beatles, Steve Winwood, Aerosmith, mid-80s Michael Jackson, Tak Matsumoto, The Scorpions, and many, many other people and groups of various sounds and styles.

I can listen to Adams' "Heaven", Sir Doug Quintet's "She's About A Mover", Chingon's "Malaguena Salerosa", Van Halen's "Dreams" and Elton John's "Rocketman" and say they're all rock and roll.

See, it's a musical artform that's open to everybody, with many different ideas and backgrounds. You can find unique forms of rock and roll from the USA, England, Russia, China, India, wherever, and it's all rock and roll.

And I love it all.

Rock and Roll. The world's music.

Oh I know, but my point is what KIND of rock 'n' roll songs they are. Van Halen's "Jump" is a very different kind of song than Duran Duran's "Rio." The quotation marks around rock in my above post is to denote that it's not what springs to most people's minds when you think of rock 'n' roll. Heaven and Wouldn't It Be Good to me are to rock'n'roll what Harlequin novels are to literature: meant for lovelorn women .... much like a lot of the songs seen on Caliente.

I know I'm speaking in crass terms, but I'm doing it to get my point across.

I understand what you mean totally, and I think it's cool that you think that way. Hell, if we all thought the same way...

It'd be one really awful place to live.

I guess I just take Rock and Roll really seriously. I love playing rock guitar, I love listening to the music, hearing all the different ways that people can go with the same basic idea.

It's one of the reasons I think it's so... crazy to see the majority of young black kids in the States today... they listen to gangsta rap. Kill whitey, kill the other gang, kill your momma, kill kill die eat dead burnt bodies... And they make fun of the "old folks" who listen to Jazz, Blues, real R&B, Motown, all that awesome old music.

I love rock and roll and I owe a lot to those styles, and the people of color who's music inspired them, created them. Then, those same people forged what would be Rock and Roll. White folks didn't invent it. We just invented metal 😉

But then, there's a lot of those guys I owe a lot to, as well.

I take rock 'n' roll seriously as well, so much to the point that I debate on a forum about the Rock 'n' Roll Hall Of Fame.

Also, as an employee of a lite-rock station, I feel I have to say when something sucks so bad that it just "isn't rock." Venting as it were.

Actually

I understand what you mean totally, and I think it's cool that you think that way. Hell, if we all thought the same way...

It'd be one really awful place to live.

I guess I just take Rock and Roll really seriously. I love playing rock guitar, I love listening to the music, hearing all the different ways that people can go with the same basic idea.

It's one of the reasons I think it's so... crazy to see the majority of young black kids in the States today... they listen to gangsta rap. Kill whitey, kill the other gang, kill your momma, kill kill die eat dead burnt bodies... And they make fun of the "old folks" who listen to Jazz, Blues, real R&B, Motown, all that awesome old music.

I love rock and roll and I owe a lot to those styles, and the people of color who's music inspired them, created them. Then, those same people forged what would be Rock and Roll. White folks didn't invent it. We just invented metal 😉

But then, there's a lot of those guys I owe a lot to, as well.

You'd be surprised at how many cultures contributed to rock and metal,
for instance the mandolin used in folk rock is Italian and French, the Guitar is Persian, the Banjo African, the Tabourine Arabic and with metal the Bass Drums was used in ancient China and the cymbals are Armenian (Zildjian was the first cymbal maker), in addition B.C Rich Guitars used by Kerry King of Slayer and once Dave Mustaine was made by a Chicano (Bernie Chavez Rico)
of East LA.

Another Mexican song by David Hidalgo, Tito Larriva, Robert Rodriguez and Antonio Banderas :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tc5GU6Jpbyg

Tito Larriva (toured with Bob Dylan), After Dark (toe sucking scene of Salma Hayek in the video)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayACsykYOQ0

What's New

9/20/2024
Clips4Sale offers the most tickling clips in one place on the entire web.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back