• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Most shocking ending/surprise ending in horror flicks

rajee

Level of Cherry Feather
What is the most shocking/disturbing ending or surprise ending you saw in a horror flick?

For me it has to be the "money shot" in Sleep Away Camp when Angela/Angelo stands up with blood on her/his neck and chest and you see his/her penis and he/she is making animal type noises with his/her mouth wide open.
:xpeepsofa 😱 :yowzer: :evilha:

For me it's got to be John Carpenters Thing (the film that is, I don't mean his "thing"!!! 😱 ), where Kurt Russell and the other guy (can't remember his name) simple sit down and wait to die. I know it's not a standard freaky ending, but is freaked me out because you never got to know what happened, was one of them an alien, did help arrive etc.

Oh yeah, I gotta echo Rajee on Sleepaway Camp. The entire movie more or less bites ass, but that ending is one you CAN and WILL never forget once you see it. So freaking disturbing.

Cool Irish Tickle. I remember
that movie.
:veryhappy :cool2: 🙂

The first Friday The 13th movie. Saw it way back in 81 I think. I just got my drivers licence and took my date to the Anchor drive in in N,N Va. The movie was'nt to bad, scared my date a bit. Then at the end the girl was in her boat, simple music in the background, end of movie. Then when that boy came out of the water I almost shit my pants. Really. She got a good laugh out of that. First and last time I got shocked like that. Man this takes me back a bit.

Mimi said:
Oh yeah, I gotta echo Rajee on Sleepaway Camp. The entire movie more or less bites ass, but that ending is one you CAN and WILL never forget once you see it. So freaking disturbing.

Exactly Mimi.
That was 1 very freaky fake male body suit.
Interesingly enough, The woman who played Angela as a teenager went on to star in many more horror flicks up to today.
At the time, The actress who played Angela's mother didn't want her daughter to be involved in the murder scenes EXCEPT the end scene.
:fish: :jester: 😱 :yowzer: :xpeepsofa 😛oke3:

I loved the Friday the 13th movies and the Nightmare on Elm Street movies. 🙂

there are two movies that fit that category.... the first is Carrie.. when that hand comes out of the ground to grab at what's her name. i mean i screamed and jumped a mile..

the second i can't think of the name of the movie, but karen black and oliver what's his name and bette davis was in it... and karen black had become possessed at the end of the movie...

o and a third movie... racing with the devil... a horrible ending.

I liked the ending in Hannibal where you realize it was his own hand he cut off. I also liked the ending in the Saw... and the first two Final Destinations.

Those were great movies Ms Chaos.

Izzy - The movie was Burnt Offerings with Oliver Reed. I remember that movie when it came on tv a while ago.
Carrie is a classic.
Race with the devil had Peter Fonda in it. I remember watching it on a weekend
on TV a while ago too. .
:tickle: 😎 <<<<---- :bunny: :happyfloa

The Omen. It is probably the most frightening movie I have ever seen, and the fact that damien lived just made me watch it again.

Wow...now I'm gonna have to see Sleepaway Camp. Sounds like something I wanna watch! I have to agree with Mz. Chaos and say Saw 1 and 2 were pretty disturbing to have an ending like that. I also remember something that got to me was Event Horizon. At the end, Lawrence Fishburne, the captain of the space ship ended up going to Hell with his ship. I thought that was pretty creepy.

Has anyone seen High Tension? The ending in that movie surpised me. Oh yeah, also the ending in Primal Fear. Not a horror movie, but still pretty weird!

For me, it's a tie between "The Thing" by John Carpenter (as mentioned above) and "Seven" by David Fincher. Both are excellent movies with truly disturbing endings....

"Saw" would probably have blown my mind had I not accidentally read a SPOILER on the forum that someone did not label as a SPOILER before I got to see it. Since I knew what was going to happen, it sort of ruined it at the end (though the rest of the movie did still kick ass).

"Saw II", fortunately, DID give me a bit of a jolt at the end. They were certainly clever with both films in making them so you really could not possibly guess the full outcome. And while I figured out she was in on it near the end, I did NOT see the result with the son coming.

"Se7en" is one of my all time favorite movies, and yes...that ending kicked all ass as well.

"Hannibal" had that great twist, as Mz. Chaos mentioned, when you discover he cut off his own hand.

The "Final Destination" movies keep you on your toes from start to finish, and the endings just keep with that. Though I was not as impressed by 3 as I was by the first two.

I too enjoyed Seven, Event Horizon, The Omen, High Tension and Primal Fear.

High Tension is one freaky French horror flick.

Tamia, pm me and we can discuss how I can send you the movie electronically.
I am currently downloading it via bittorrent.
If not, I am sure some videostores have a copy of it. Try non-chain stores eg...
Blockbuster, Rogers etc... Try Mom and Pop video rental places.
:upsidedow 😛 :Hyrdrogen :bubble: :firedevil :dogpile: :bowing: 😉 :xpulcy:

Seven had an excellent ending I think.

For me Alien had lots of surprising plot twists.

But Mr Frost caught me really off guard too.

For those the like freaky indie horror there is The Ugly a foriegn flick about the inside mind of a serial killer.

issabeau
the second i can't think of the name of the movie, but karen black and oliver what's his name and bette davis was in it... and karen black had become possessed at the end of the movie...

That would be "Burnt Offerings"

Speaking of Karen Black, Trilogy of Terror ( the little tribal voodoo doll ) - When Karen is possessed by the doll at the end...she makes this creepy face.

Halloween - When Donald Pleasence looks over the railing and Michael is gone.

Phantasm - When he sees the man in the mirror.

phfttklr said:
issabeau

That would be "Burnt Offerings"

Speaking of Karen Black, Trilogy of Terror ( the little tribal voodoo doll ) - When Karen is possessed by the doll at the end...she makes this creepy face.

Halloween - When Donald Pleasence looks over the railing and Michael is gone.

Phantasm - When he sees the man in the mirror.

thanks both of you.. yes burnt offerings.. and oliver reed that's his name, thanks rajee..

also the end of "glory" not a horror flick, yet i had no idea all the main characters would get killed.

isabeau

For me, most recently, the horror movie with the most shocking ending had to be a direct-to-DVD release called Chronicle of the Raven, with Faye Dunaway and Gina Philips(the knockout from the first Jeepers Creepers). I'll say no more about it, but the ending was seriously f**ked-up

Speaking of Jeepers Creepers, the ending to that one stuck with me for some time too.

And one other...an Italian horror flick from the late '70s called Beyond the Darkness, aka Buried Alive, about a real sick kid who digs up his dead gf, guts her and then stuffs her(all shown in graphic detail, strong stomachs required), and then dresses her up lays her down in a bed like a life-size doll. The movie is ultimately more sleazy than scary, but the ending nearly made me jump out of my skin 😱

:2poke: :cool2: 🙂 Those sound lik grizzly horror flicks. :2poke:

Nicholas Roeg's film "Don't Look Now",where Donald Sutherland gets a straight razor slit to the jugular and bleeds out (heart beating-blood spurting style) on film!

(Filmed in Venis)He goes through the movie thinking this child-sized person running through the streets in a red raincoat is his dead daughter (who drowned in a red raincoat in a England Pond).At the end of the film he corners this person in a cathedral and calls her daughter's name.The figure turns around to reveal this deformed midget who pulls out a blade and "slit"

Sounds like a great creepy flick. :triangle: :evilha: :smilestar 😛oke3: :fish:

Indeed they are grisly horror flicks...some other movies of this type include Zombie, Gates of Hell, The Beyond...and most stories written by me 😎

As for more movies with shocking endings:

Dead and Buried-learning you're one of the walking dead would freak out anybody

The Shining-when Jack Torrance freezes to death in the Overlook's hedge maze and then his photograph turns up in the hotel ::brrr::

Humanoids from the Deep-when the baby fish-man claws its way out of the young girl's womb

Think I could go on with this all day :happyfloa

What's New

9/26/2024
The TMF Chatroom is always busy and its free1
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back