• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Movies That Ruin BDSM For You Forever...

Slaver123

TMF Master
This is a touchy subject (no pun intended) but have you ever seen a mainstream or off-mainstream movie that threatened to poison good, wholesome Bondage for you forever?

If you're a member of this site chances are you share a healthy appreciation for a bound, wriggling young body- often gagged, oft blindfolded for good measure. You understand the vast difference between consensual "S&M" and real torture, the vast worlds that separate loving Dominance/Subsmission from actual abuse.

The mainstream doesn't always seem to 'get' it though- you can see bondage not-so-cleverly disguised in pop culture throughout the decades, from the old Pulps thru thinly-veiled Wonder Woman covers, to the lifestyle's numerous misrepresentations on the silver screen today.

The Point? (Warning: some horrible stuff ahead)
I tried to watch a movie last night that was described as "Thriller" and "Cult Horror"- sounds good. The title? "The Girl Next Door"...Okay, two orphaned sisters move in with their wicked Aunt, blah blah blah ...I was expecting something along the lines of "A Tale Of Two Sisters", which is an excellent Korean ghost story with a very Shyamalan-ian twist at the end (got remade as "The Uninvited")

NOPE.

What I got instead was scene after sickening scene of child abuse both mental and physical, escalating to full-blown torture as friend and cousins watch and even participate in the torture (they've been gradually brainwashed by the girl's Aunt, their Mother) I quit watching about a half hour into it- this is a rarity for me. Bear in mind this is a VERY good movie- this is NOT some silly exploitation flick, the vile subject matter was treated deadly serious. It's a story that needed to be told, based on true crimes. But I can't stand to watch it...

...and now that little droplet of poison has infected my mind. When I see a bound woman blindfolded and gagged in a safe S&M scene, will my mind stray towards the horrors I witnessed last night? (SPOILER: the girl gets strung up by her wrists in the basement and left hanging there all night. I've read all too many accounts of this same atrocity happening in real life, usually by Aunts and Stepmothers) There's that little hair's-breadth that makes all the difference between Beauty and Horror, especially when Beauty and Horror look so similar on the surface....

Is it possible for a movie to poison a fetish? And if so, which movie came closest to ruining yours? It doesn't have to be a horror movie either...

(guaranteed someone's gonna mention Dan Akroyd's full-body bondage garb from "Exit To Eden")

Well -- I don't have much to say on the topic -- however it is IMPOSSIBLE to judge Jack Ketchum's "The Girl Next Door" without READING it. Fuck M-Night-Shamalangadiingdong --- he's got nothing to do with the story (and he's a fucking hack to boot.)

If you give The Girl Next Door (the novel) a chance -- you may be the most disturbed you've ever been with a written work. Of course, I could say that about Off Season too.

The Girl Next Door has NOTHING to do with S&M in any form --- it has to do with an innocent girl as a victim of insane brutality condoned by an adult.

ts

If you're looking to jerk off at some chick in bondage, struggling against binds that fold with a safe-word, that's one thing. But people suffer every day for our pleasure without payment or recompense -- think about them once in a while ...

I thought The Secretary presented a terrible view of people into these sorts of things. However, many others (into B&D/S&M) seemed to dig it.

Also, while Chloris Leachman and Harvey Corman were hilarious in High Anxiety, I didn't care for that stereotypical depiction, either.

I can't say that any movie ever ruined bdsm for me, because I know its some all-too-typical stereotype that hollywood produced to fill some awkward gap in a film with an attempt at either something emotionally indemnifying or comically ingratiating.

There was a scene in the movie "Tom Cat" where an innocent looking librarian turns out to be a dominatrix. Admittedly, that was pretty funny--but no one's dumb enough to pull "surprise bdsm" on a first date.

To that same token, there was a japanese film I recall about a blind sculptor who had some woman kidnapped because he thought she was the most beautiful thing in the world and wanted her to model for him. He sculpted by feel, and then they ended up experimenting with sadomassochism until the two of them went blind in the dark, and starved to death. Also, to alleviate her final suffering, he cut off all of her limbs so she would bleed out.
...Yeah. That wasn't so much bdsm, as it was a psychological thriller. But that's my point.

BDSM is never portrayed realistically. It's either for comedy or for horror, regardless of the merits it has on its own that exist outside of those two terribly confining boxes. The most realistic depiction I've come across recently for BDSM hasn't been in a movie at all; there's a series of comics on deviantart by an artist named Shiniez that I feel looks at this type of thing more realistically.

Well, I've seen many films that have bondage and torture and the like in it - But not exactly straight-up, consensual BDSM. Films that I may have seen that would've had consensual BDSM in it, or some kind of sexy scene with somebody tied to a chair, blindfolded, gagged; whatever - are films that I would've stumbled upon accidentally whilst channel surfing as a younger lad (I don't watch many films ^^). Regardless, I haven't come upon anything so disgusting and/or immoral that would ruin any fetish that I hold.

...However; http://www.youtube.com/ watch?v=KdS6HFQ_LUc

The most realistic depiction I've come across recently for BDSM hasn't been in a movie at all; there's a series of comics on deviantart by an artist named Shiniez that I feel looks at this type of thing more realistically.
Loving that series.
Struck a chord with me.

Not a movie, but the TV show Criminal Minds has nearly done it a few times. Hell, a few years ago somebody posted a clip here, thinking it was foot tickling--they were actually cutting her toes OFF -_- I love the show, don't get me wrong, but sometimes the DID scenerios are horrifying and sickning...and I can't help but think "that could be so COOL!!!"

~K

I don't watch many movies, but some of the creepy, unrealistic scenes of perversion on "Law & Order -- Special Victims Unit" left me sexually turned off for a while.

Not a movie, but the TV show Criminal Minds has nearly done it a few times. Hell, a few years ago somebody posted a clip here, thinking it was foot tickling--they were actually cutting her toes OFF -_- I love the show, don't get me wrong, but sometimes the DID scenerios are horrifying and sickning...and I can't help but think "that could be so COOL!!!"

~K

Glad to see someone else recognizes "Criminal Minds" for what it really is.... a gruesome Horror freakshow!

Censors have been butchering and "dumbing-down" horror movies for decades, but now this TV show comes along that's allowed to show anything- torture, severed heads, gore, etc etc etc- in primetime no less- simply because it's not labeled "horror".

Yes I'm really offended by this.... Cutting her toes off!?!? That's extreme depraved Sadism- but cause you package the show in a pastel-colored box for housewives on the "family" network suddenly it becomes acceptable... What'll the "family" network come up with next, an actual Freakshow where you jeer at conjoined twins and deformities?

Last edited:
I like the show before this last few seasons. It's turned, as Slaver said, into a gruesome show that seems to only go for the scare tactic instead of being INTERESTING.

Holy poo! Were to BEGIN? Law and Order: Special Victims Unit to start with!

Almost EVERY HORROR MOVIE BONDAGE SCENE!

Jawbreaker (god I hated that movie)!

Um, let's see, oh! I hate EVERY SINGLE MOVIE THAT FEATURES A MAN KISSING ANOTHER MAN OR WOMAN WHOSE BOUND AND GAGGED! That just RUINS IT FOR ME (mostly because I can't FUCKING GET IT OUT OF MY HEAD)!

Um, movies with rape scenes, movies with actual torture scenes, movies where the damsel in distress is bleeding or disfigured, the list goes ON AND ON!

What's New

9/22/2024
There will be Trivia in our Chat Room this Sunday Eve at 11PM EDT.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back