• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Music!

moondog83uk1

TMF Regular
Alright gang,

Was thinking of posting a bit more on the forums now I have more free time - missing out on it all I think. So here goes.

As close as tickling is to my heart, I love music just as much. I've always loved it and I have highly ecclectic tastes, and I also play a range of instruments, though my main is the guitar.

So come on you lot - what do you like? Any of you musicians?

been playing bass for about 2 years now. i like alot of rock: sludge, psychadelic, classic, speed metal, death metal, doom/stoner metal, grunge, alternative, ska, punk(classic stuff like the ramones, dead kennedys etc.). but i also have a small taste for reggae, rap and techno.

I'm with the drums. However, I've not practised for a very long time and am very rusty at it at this point.

I'm a violinist. I haven't practiced in a long time though. Its more like a hobby right now.

I have been teaching myself guitar for a couple of years now...it's more for fun than for show...

The instrument I play best...my vocal cords...I've been singing since 3rd grade in choirs and such...a capella groups, high level collegiate groups, and the occasional open mic at a coffee place for good measure...

I love anything I can sing/play/chill along to...my idol, in terms of musicianship, would have to be Sarah McLachlan...but I love all types of music...they all have their place...😀

That's really cool that you've been teaching yourself the guitar. Any advice for an aspiring guitarist, like ways to work on hand speed and coordination on the frets and stuff?

Well as for my guitar skills I'll say they're not that shabby - I'd be able to hold my own on stage I think, even though I am absolutely shit scared of doing it. Best thing anyone ever told me about guitars to get my skill up was the scales. Scales don't only help you improv, but can also get your ear tuned up, and it gets you using all of your fingers - providing you learn right in the first place. But only learn ones relevant to your playing tastes, otherwise you'd be there forever! For me its major, minor and pentatonic.

As for my singing, well, I'm told it's good, but I have no confidence in it whatsoever. Sounds to me like someone farting down a tube. Nah, not for me. I love just listening to people sing sometimes though - it can cut right through to you more than a solo or a whole song sometimes.

If it weren't for music, and those who inspired me, I think I'd be dead already.

Moondog 😀

PS: There's something just so cool about how an a cappella group sounds when they get going!

Last edited:
As mentioned in the other thread, I'm a vocalist (baritone/bass). Not much time for it lately, but I keep it working with my Cathedrals CD's and sing along with the immoral George Younce...

I also mentioned in the other post that i play bass and some guitar. My guitar skills are non-existant as i just like to play along with metal songs, i don't really practice scales or anything. I play decent bass though.

yo

hey dude
saw your from county durham and was like wow. thats where i'm from...small world and that. you wanna give me your email address and i'll drop you a message

I play drums. I started playing late in life, although I did play for a year or so in my early teens, but never went anywhere with it. I am taking the Gradings and am currently on grade 4 out of 8.

I also teach absolute beginners. At the moment I have 3 students, they are a boy aged 11, and 2 girls aged 9 and 11. The teaching thing is very rewarding but it requires enormous patience, not just from me but from the parents too .... as I insist on them being in the room for the entire lesson 🙂

Heya everyone ^_^ .
Well lets see now 🙂 . I played piano for about 14 years. More recently, I've been playing guitar for about 3 years now, and drums for about a year I think. I do a bit of vocal, but not too much. Here's a link to one of my guitary things I did a while ago. Not really that good, but I might try something a little harder soon ^_^ .

http://www.tickletheater.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=59737

My big insturment is the drums, I LOVE the drums. They just, I really don't know for sure, but drums always make music sound happier. I also have retained some of my knack at horn from high school, along with the trumpet. As for my voice....let's just say it sounds like a lovely bird, after it's been run over by a tank, shot repeatedly in the throat, and then tossed into a trash compactor.

Last edited:
I'm a lead guitarist for a metal band and a guitar teacher. I've been playing for 11 years now. Music and guitar is my life. I don't make a lot of money at it (or at least, not yet) and my teaching + "real" job simply pay the rent, but I wouldn't be happy doing anything else. Things are actually looking up for my band at the moment. We're well on our way to being done writing out next album and are hoping to snag a european record deal this year. 😎

^^^^^^

from one extreme to the other! What is the opposite of heavy metal?

I'm into club/dance music. All styles, house, Hi-nrg, retro, disco, and my fave, freestyle.

If you don't know what freestyle is, go to amazon.com and search names like Exposè, Lisa Lisa & Cult Jam, TKA, Sweet Sensation, Stevie B., and others.

I've gone to a number of the shows, and have had the pleasure of meeting a ton of the artists who have recorded this music....

Judy Torres, Nyasia, Lil Suzy, Cover Girls, Sweet Sensation, George LaMond, Debbie Deb, Noel, Alisha, Safire and many others.

I even managed to get onstage at one of the shows in NYC, and sang on a song called "Sincerely Yours" with the lead singer of Sweet Sensation.

I love Sweet Senasation, and I have a cassette single of "Sincerely Yours," which is significant because I only have about a dozen casette singles 🙂

What's New

9/19/2024
The TMF Archives hold colections of our communities creators work, take a look!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back