• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

My Shop Got Attacked by Golfers

Senshi1

Staff
Yeah, haha, a funny MySpace title or something, heh no. I'm deadly serious - my shop was literally attacked by golfers tonight.

Normally this wouldn't raise many eyebrows, but this is a little shop in a tiny village - nothing ever happens here.

So anyway, there I was, behind the till, serving a queue of about four customers. When suddenly, somewhere between 6 and 10 men, about 30 years old, walk in - dressed head to toe as golfers - and line up behind the aisle so that all I can see is a bunch of heads.

Before I could think "wait a minute", they open fired on us with a barrage of biscuits, milk cartons, yoghurts and anything else they could reach. You know the scene from 300 where the arrows "blot out the sun"? Well these Jaffa Cakes blotted out the fluorescent lighting.

So there I am, behind the till, being bombarded with reasonably-priced tea time treats, and the supervisor is desperately trying to call 999, and what does the line of people do? Absolutely nothing.

Well, that's a lie. One guy pulled out his phone, called his wife and said "Hiya love, I'm gonna be a little bit late - some golfers are throwing things at us. Yeah, it's like Afghanistan in here."

Terrific! These people are risking life and limb to shop here, so I'm pretty much obliged to stand here and serve them. So I do. I stand there, and I dodge back and forth as the till area is bombarded relentlessly, and I scan goods and take money and give change.

The barrage steps up a notch, and a huge packet of McVities HobNobs slams against my till screen, sending it reeling, and just missing my nose by an inch.

Now the supervisor and two guys in army gear (seriously) start fighting back, and they manage to push the golfers back to the main door and slam the iron bars across it.

Now "Pearl Harbor" becomes "Zulu".

The staff and customers are stuck inside and the store is besieged by golfers (WTF!?). Just to make it worse, they manage to force the iron gate open again and start to force their way back into the shop.

Luckily at this point, the police arrived to put a stop to it. The leader got carted away and the others were shipped back off to Bridgend or wherever they came from.

Turns out we were the fourth shop they hit tonight. >_< They started out in a pub where they were stared out by the locals. Then they used intimidation and urine on another place up the road. After that they trashed a bar across the street, and our own little outpost of convenient late-night foodstuffs was their grand finalé.

So anyway, a few hours later, when the yoghurt had been scraped off the walls, the swinging wooden placards had been thrown away and the strawberry Nesquik powder was starting to settle over the debris, I stood hunched over behind the till, carving out a makeshift plaque onto some scrap receipt paper. Once I'd finished, I dutifully stuck it up for all to see:

Never forget the brave few
who risked their lives under
heavy fire to protect stock
and serve customers.

Operation Six-Iron
Sunday 26th October, 2008

Village stores are serious business.

Well, I have to say you have excellent storytelling skillz XD Good for you for sticking through it--you did me proud 😉 Now go wash the nesquik and eggs off your clothes😀

~K

I know that some shops and theaters get routinely overrun with armies of Santa Clauses, but golfers... this is different. Maybe they're practicing their hooligan skills for Football season?

Pub Golfers, maybe? I know there's that drinking game where you dress up in golf gear, travel from pub to pub having a different drink and different "par" in each one and just getting pissed... anyway.

Glad to hear your ok buddy!

But let us have a moment of silence for the hundreds of tea-time treats that were innocently slaughtered today. v_v

Here's to you, Biscuits. May you all R.I.P. 🙁 😍

That is truly bizarre. I've worked in retail. I've dealt with shoplifters, scammers and just plain jerks. But a traveling, costumed, one-way food fight? Are you sure this wasn't a revival of Monty Python's Flying Circus, done candid-camera style?

Great storytelling though!

Pub Golfers, football hooligans in practice, Monty Python revival... All of these sound frighteningly plausible.

But yeah, it was a mad night. The village's going to be talking madly about it and calling in helicopters Father Ted-style for months after this. @.@

McVities HobNobs ....what are those?

and eeks..what a bunch of morons...you were lucky though that they didn't have lethal weapons of any sort..

and you live in Wales? that's so cool...

McVities HobNobs ....what are those?

and eeks..what a bunch of morons...you were lucky though that they didn't have lethal weapons of any sort..

and you live in Wales? that's so cool...

McVities hobnobs are biscuits, but not the American sense of biscuits... American biscuits are more like scones, I think. It's, I guess, a cookie or a cracker to you guys. Do you get crackers you can dip in your tea? If that's the case, it was a cracker, if not, it was a cookie.

But they come in big beefy packs and they pack a punch. @.@

And as for weapons, one of them had a little plastic golf club which broke when he hit one of his comrades about the head with it.

the hollywood brother knows that in retial you are supposed to survive a attack and give the attacker what they want but this sounds so asburd that you almost want to grab something and attack them back and beat them into submission for the damage they caused you and the stupidity of the attack to begin with. the hollywood brother hopes that the coppers get these punk holigans and lock them up for a long time

That is one of the funniest things I've ever heard. I mean, I understand having anything hurled at your head sucks, but....Golfers chucking snacks in a hostile way is funny.

CJ

Wow! What a truly bizarre event to have occure on my Birthday (10/26). But yeah, those wackoes should be locked up for a good long time. Too bad all those delectables had to pay the ultamate price...

The thing is, I was shocked, sure - but I also couldn't help laughing, because yeah, it was so absolutely ridiculous. I mean these weren't arsy kids - these were full grown mature men, wearing trousers tucked into their goold socks, little golf shoes, peaked caps, diamond sleeveless sweaters, even little golf gloves.

Also, don't you hate it when you think of a comeback about thirty mintues too late? As I was cleaning up the mess, it hit me: 'D'OH! When they started throwing things, I should've yelled "fore!" >_<'

What's New

9/20/2024
Clips4Sale offers the most tickling clips in one place on the entire web.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back