• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Need help with bypassing a writer's block

Duke Diablo

4th Level Red Feather
All right, normally I don't do this, but it's a bloody crisis, I'm telling you!

I'm working on Enterion chapter 12 and several other stories, some requests and some for my soul, and I have all the stories sorted out in my head, but there is a tiny bit of problem: I CAN'T WRITE THEM!!!

*takes a few deep breaths and relaxes*

All right, so the point is, I've got this huge writer's block that just blocks any attempt of writing a story. Even of making a single comprehensible sentence. No matter how I try, it takes me about half an hour for a single sentence. It has been like this for a few months now, and I really hate not being able to write, as writing is my great passion. But whenever I sit in front of computer thinking of writing some of the images that go through my head on a daily basis, describing them in detail, the exact words just don't come. So, I'm asking you, good people of the forum, especially artists: How do you handle writer's blocks? I tried meditating, thinking about those stories, not thinking about those stories, reading, chatting, getting feedback, brainstorming, watching movies of the genre... nothing works.

Any help would be very welcome. Thanks in advance.

I can only commiserate with you, Duke, as I have had writer's block for over a year 🙁

You can't force yourself. Don't write just for the sake of writing. Go take a break and do something else for a bit. The best material comes when it is flowing out of you.

Even with that being said you don't have to stop the project. When you feel the mini inspirations just take some notes. Make sketches of storylines or think about scenes that you know will be great. When the block is gone all that material is ready for you.

Mistress Valerie: Such a shame about your block. 🙁 I always enjoyed reading your stories, up to a point where I could say you're one of the few persons I look up to in writing: one day, I'd like to write as well as you and some of those people do.

Feather Daemon: I tried not writing. Didn't help me at all. It's not the point that I don't have any ideas... it's just that my mind is so numb that words won't come out. Thanks for the nice advice about notes.

Also, some good news: the block is slowly, slowly, but surely lifting itself. Don't know why, but my brain is slowly starting to function. This doesn't mean I'll be up to speed soon, but there might be hope yet!

i was starting to read your story the other day when real life distracted me..but what i was reading so far was very intriguing and interesting..i also suffered a writer's block..however i've never gotten over that block..i would recommend what the other's said..and hmm take a walk..walking sometimes helps the imagination begin flowing again..and good luck...🙂

In the short term, the best thing I can recommend is reading another person's writing. I've had a hard time writing some stories due to motivation, but as I run into some amazing pieces, I go, oh man I just had a brilliant idea, and you know, become inspired by whatever it was I read. That seems to help me the most in the short term.

In the extremely short term I find that if I start off writing, despite writers block, just writing anything will usually cause it to go away after a few, and I'll get into a groove again.

The best way is to let inspiration hit you once again, though; and the shortest way is the right way, you know? Completely staying away from the topic is how it should be handled, but finding inspiration in other things helps a lot.

As for a recomendation... that's personal tastes. Sitting outside and watching the stars or a sun set really helps me out sometimes, or the rain... recently, I've been inspired by such authors as Edna Ferber, and though not recently, Douglas Adams and Tolkien.

Etc.

As a fellow writer, I'd actually suggest putting on some music when you sit down to write. The right music can bring forth a lot of ideas and inspiration. For example, I write a lot of fantasy stuff, and I find Evanescence helps a lot with that. I won't say the same bands would help you, but put on some music you like and see what comes out.

Thank you for your replies, Izzy, lucius and Sockstickler. All of those advices you gave me sound great. However, unfortunately, I have already tried most of them🙁 When I'm home, except when studying, music is on ALL the time. I tried listening to different musics, I even tried shutting it off, but nothing works. Just writing something is how I do things atm. I also tried letting it go for a few weeks, read quite a few books, but so far nothing helped.🙁
Thanks for the useful advices guys. I'll keep on trying.

I'm not sure if what your reading is related to what you intend to write, or not; or that it matters, for that matter.

Have you tried other types of writing, by chance? Outlines, notes, chatting about writing topics amongst people that may be able to give advice or would be able to talk about the subject with you?

Hm, honestly, meditation and searching for inspiration are the only things that I can truly recommend, but I mean, there are a lot of answers, you know?

But, hmm, try talking about your writing/stories/etc. with someone, discussing whats going on and etc. See if that helps out.

And if you want, feel free to hit me up in pms for the latter. We can talk about writing, since I'm having a hard time motivating myself to actually do any lately, anyway 😱. Hmm, not that I am, but Im more inclined to do other things, you know?

Also, I hate how that emoticon shows up here. It is not representative of the face I think it makes :O.

Last edited:
Thanks for the kind words, Duke 🙂 Part of the reason for my block is that I am too much of a perfectionist and don't want to release a story until it is "just right." I currently have about six partial stories that I never could quite finish; perhaps I may revisit a couple of them and see if that inspires me.

Duke take a walk with Ratman at Valhalla and after that trust me on this. You will never sleep or have writers block until he is dead 😀

Lucius: Sure, m8. I'd really enjoy talking to ya. You seem like a really cool guy. Check your PM, btw.

Mistress Valerie: Hmm... now you got me really intrigued. I'd really like to see those stories and maybe talk about them. Maybe it would help chase the block away.

Bashiku: Oh, but I created Ratman. He can't scare me nor hurt me. : ) The prob is I'm not really inspired for anything right now, as you can see that even on forum RPs quality and frequency of my post has gone down, mainly due to that block.

Here's a couple things to try (if you haven't already):

1. Get active - drop the writing for awhile and go do your favorite physical activities. Go for walks to places that you think are cool. Get really involved with your life (except the writing).

2. Let go of writing well or a lot - Just write a sentence a day if that's all you got. No big deal, be proud of what you do get done.

3. I don't know if you've read any of Julia Cameron's stuff on writing and art, but I'm a big fan. Check out one of her books, like the "Artist's Way" or "Right to Write". It might help.

Duke I can probably create your own nemesis like him, but that is for another time. Be a wee bit passive... you faculty is starting again and it will get you inspired...

OH man, I just had an amazing idea.

You know what really motivates me? Trying not to die.

Let's make this a life and death situation and see how it pans out :O.

If you are going to make a life and death situation with Duke in it, you are better to distance yourself few hundred miles, wear american football full body uniform, and be protected by Secret Service. Then you ought to have 1/4 of a chance to live when he gets jolly.

All right, normally I don't do this, but it's a bloody crisis, I'm telling you!

I'm working on Enterion chapter 12 and several other stories, some requests and some for my soul, and I have all the stories sorted out in my head, but there is a tiny bit of problem: I CAN'T WRITE THEM!!!

*takes a few deep breaths and relaxes*

All right, so the point is, I've got this huge writer's block that just blocks any attempt of writing a story. Even of making a single comprehensible sentence. No matter how I try, it takes me about half an hour for a single sentence. It has been like this for a few months now, and I really hate not being able to write, as writing is my great passion. But whenever I sit in front of computer thinking of writing some of the images that go through my head on a daily basis, describing them in detail, the exact words just don't come. So, I'm asking you, good people of the forum, especially artists: How do you handle writer's blocks? I tried meditating, thinking about those stories, not thinking about those stories, reading, chatting, getting feedback, brainstorming, watching movies of the genre... nothing works.

Any help would be very welcome. Thanks in advance.

Just take a break for awhile.I know it's hard I used to write short stories and writer's Block is a huge pain in the butt.However it is worse if you fight it because it just gets more frustrating so just take a break and do something that imspires you.Then,in a week or so try again.During your break do things that inspire creative ideas.Also take a book around with you and write down any ideas you get so you don't forget them!

Thank you all for your valiant efforts, guys. Queen, trust me on this, I tried making stops for several weeks, it didn't work. During those weeks I rested and didn't even think of writing. Unfortunately, it only resulted in loosing few weeks worth of writer's-block writing.

Thank you all for your wonderful advices, though. Your moral support has me going, really.

Mistress Valerie: Hmm... now you got me really intrigued. I'd really like to see those stories and maybe talk about them. Maybe it would help chase the block away.

I found the beginning of an FF/F tickling story that I started in 2004 but never finished ... if you'd like, I can e-mail it to you (please PM me an e-mail address if you wish).

I promise this will not last forever you just need something inspiring,to inspire new ideas.You can do it;I know you can!

Mistress Valerie: Check your PM : )

Queen Bee Bee Marie: Thank you for the encouraging words. This certainly motivates me. : )

EDIT: All right, people, I think I've slowly gotten past this nasty block and am slowly starting to get back into writing. I won't be writing as fast as I used to in my prime days of posting, but I'll certainly be writing more than in these many months of non-writing. Thanks everyone for your support and great ideas. You've all been a great help.

Last edited:
Relax, don't get so stressed out about them and, I'd suggest reading a good book. That always gets me inspired to let the creative juices flow.

I really like anything by Bukowski or Cormac McCarthy's The Road, but I'm more into dark depressing humor and cynical writing.

What's New

9/19/2024
The TMF Archives hold colections of our communities creators work, take a look!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back