• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

NHL Playoffs!

kyokushinkai1

TMF Regular
Wow it feels like it has been ages since we had some good NHL hockey eh? Damn lockout.... But after all that waiting playoffs have finally come around again!! 😀

I know not everyone on this forum is a hockey fan, but if you do cheer for a team, feel free to post it here!

Honestly, I think it's going to be:

West final: Calgary vs. Dallas
East final: two of New York, Ottawa and Carolina

And as much as I don't think it'll happen, I'd love to see Calgary and Ottawa for the Cup.

Cheers!

Snail Shell

The Wings will finish a record year by once again raising Lord Stanley's Cup at center Ice.

While the Wingers are doing well, I believe they will be upset by the eventual Stanley Cup Champions...THE EDMONTON OILERS!!! 😛 Admittedly, playoffs are sweet but not as sweet without the Maple Leafs. *tear...sniff* In the east, if Ottawa ever decides to give a crap, then it will be them against New Jersey in the conference final and Edmonton and San Jose in the Western Conference final...

To all of you Rangers fans: YOU'D BETTER DAMN WELL PACK MSG FOR THIS SPECTACLE, IT HAS BEEN A WHILE FOR YOU!!!

Y'know what'd be great Big Dogg? Western final: Edmonton vs. Calgary.

Oh yeah.

Snail Shell

r4j20c67 said:
The Wings will finish a record year by once again raising Lord Stanley's Cup at center Ice.

Thats what I like to hear! Go REDWINGS! We're on fire as of late..infact..we've been on fire all year!

and what's awesome Snail is that it can work out...but Edmonton would have to beat Detroit and THEN pull off the miracle and beat Dallas. (unless they lose and Calgary wins, then EDM/CGY in 2nd round) The Sabres are good but they look a lot like Senators teams past...(I live in Ottawa, work at Scotiabank Place/Corel Centre and have seen plenty of past playoff fumbles) if they face a team with some major grit and backbone I'm not sure they would be able to handle it. All teams should worry about New Jersey because Brodeur is getting hot at the right time...this is shades of 2003 all over again. It also appears to be Ottawa and Montreal in the first round so that does not help our (Canada's) attempts at bringing the Stanley Cup back.

Snail Shell said:
Y'know what'd be great Big Dogg? Western final: Edmonton vs. Calgary.

Oh yeah.

Snail Shell

Music to the ears Snail Shell! It's just too bad they couldn't play in the Stanley Cup finals... :sigh:

But even being a maniacal Calgary fan, I still think Edmonton is the dark horse of these playoffs. They seem to have a killer power play, and tons of offence -- I just wish Roloson would cover up his damn 5-hole (and then teach kipper how to make saves in shootouts 😀 )

Go Canada go!

Ah but that's the difference! Playoffs = no shootout, continuous overtime like the old days. So even if Roloson's a shootout backstopping ace, it won't matter unless there's a penalty shot.

My dark horses are Edmonton, Anaheim and the Habs...(not sure who they'll start, since Aebischer has gotten most of the last few starts but they have been playing as a team and Kovalev is always dangerous)

I got three teams: Ottawa, Calgary and whoever's playing the Leafs. XD

I'm worried about Ottawa - Hasek, so they're on the back-burner. If Edmonton or Montreal go anywhere, it'll be off the back of their respective goalies. Which leaves Calgary which at this point is probably the best hope for bringing the cup North of the 49.

What I'm really looking forward to is Detroit and Nashville getting destroyed in the first round. It's easy to win when you get 48 free points against St. Louis, Chicago and Columbus. Let's see if they can actually play. 😉

With recent news and the regular season (essentially) finished, my picks are:
East: Ottawa vs. Philly (if Hasek stays healthy)
West: Calgary vs. Dallas (still)
Final: Calgary beating Philly in 7.

And feel free to laugh at me when I'm wrong. 😉

Snail Shell

Well all, I figured since the playoffs have ended that this thread needed a brief revival. Honourable mention must go out to the Edmonton Oilers for a fantastic playoffs and series but congratulations go out to Doug Weight, Glen Wesley, Rod Brind'Amour and the rest of the Carolina Hurricanes for winning the Stanley Cup, first time in franchise history and the second Southeast division team in a row to win it all.

CONGRATULATIONS CAROLINA HURRICANES

*fires confetti cannons and launches celebratory fireworks.

Congrats 'Canes and all your fans - well deserved victory tonight. And nice run by the Oilers too.

I thought the Oilers might be the first team since the 1943 Toronto Maple Leafs to come back from being down 3 games to 1 to win the Cup. When Carolina scored their second goal to go up 2 to 0 I was pretty sure the Canes where going to hoist the Cup and they did. They deserved to win but the Oilers fought to the end and gave everything they had so they can hold their heads high even though they lost.

What's New

9/22/2024
There will be Trivia in our Chat Room this Sunday Eve at 11PM EDT.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back