• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

NiN dropped from MTV awards

Goodieluver

3rd Level Indigo Feather
So yeah, as title states, NIN withdrew from playin the MTV awards show coming up because they were going to play their song(and maybe the 3rd best off the new album) hand that feeds with a backdrop of president bush in the background. MTV questioned this and reznor from what i heard pulled the band, i dont think it was an MTV thing

Im gettin repeatedly frustrated at how bands and other celebs keep tryin to push their politics on others. Yes maybe im lashin out cuz i am a Red guy in a blue state but you have all these songs that will attack the president personally or such and people go "Rock on, punk rawk" or whatever(punk died many many many moons ago) yet if someone sings a patriotic song or thats for the country\govt, they're called a brainwashed red neck\hick

I dunno, just annoys me and i get ranting, not it seems if anyone wants to put their album out, they need to insert some inflammatory comment on the govt. Hm, but if a band sings a song about atrocities done by other govts in diff times, its just heavy metal and considered drivel::cocks shotgun at that comment:::

I think it merely reflects the frustrations people feel toward the current administration. Some folks feel that their best interests are not being served. (Wealth over the commonwealth) Sort of like how a few years ago alot of people felt betrayed about the fact that the president was getting serviced in the oral er...oval office. I believe similar feelings are in play but now the perspective is reversed. Everyone got a good laugh on at least one Bill Clinton joke, and now the jabs are going the other way. And after a bit of time, the pendulum will swing back again. I feel that's the beauty of our politics in this country, things can, and always do change...Doesn't matter if you're "Red" or "Blue" because remember, there's no such thing as red or blue states, they're all just varying shades of purple.

http://www.curlio.com/new_showarticle.php?id=7134

in the army, we sort of laugh at the patriotic songs because they are like "HEY WE SING 4 U 2 PRETEND TO LIEK U AND CLAP 4 U AT AIRPORTS LIKE IN COMMERCIAL" and i am like "suqit just give me some free anheuser beer you sycophant bitch" but they are like "taxes plz"

i don't really care for celebrities pushing their politics, though i do think it's pretentious and mundane and doesn't really say anything except "so-so sucks!" because lots of people can be so jaded about politics and not say anything really insightful or inspiring for a better direction

so it is like both patriotic and anti-bush-ic celebrity nonsense is a bunch of hogwash nonsense that feigns some kind of sympathy for any cause

the military is fucking undermanned by the way

so join the army

in fact

there should be a two year mandatory draft

here is my naruto modified special attack

MANGEKYOU SWEARINGAN!! FUCK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

okay done

But if its a concept of wealth then why is it the wealthy are the ones making more money by telling you its about wealth. I wonder if many of these artists truly care or just want more money. Just like lars Ulrich and napster, he says its stealing his money, but does he need more money? No he doesnt but he got it shut down.

Also, you didnt get so many songs about Clinton bombing iraq or his scandal with monica, but you get songs making fun of how President bush talks and his apperance.

Being a history major, i simply find it funny how the south, which seceeded from the country over 100 years ago, is not the chief source of patriotism in this country i feel

and for borealis
""Ka ka ka ka ka.... STRIKE"

suck an egg you hamster and i will break you and make your insides scrambled ! and i will dine like it is waffle house

in fact i could go for some hash browns <3 ~

i like how people even talk about patriotism like it's just a commodity word like "hero" or "scandal"

What's New

9/26/2024
The TMF Chatroom is always busy and its free1
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back