• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

No-hitters aren't that impressive when there are too many walks

rivers121

TMF Regular
I realize that it's impressive that nobody on the other team got a hit, but exactly how impressive is it when the pitcher walks 6 or more batters? I mean, if a pitcher gives up a couple of hits and walks 6 batters we'd point out that he didn't have good control during the game. I don't think a no-hitter is super impressive unless you walk 4 or less batters in a game. Sorry, but that's my opinion.

It was about as non-dominant a no-hitter as you could get, but it was still a no-hitter. Not bad for a guy who came in with an ERA over 9 and had never thrown a complete game in his career. But yes, not a truly dominant performance.

Well, if the walks are very low then we are in perfect game territory. A no hitter is impressive no matter how you look at it. Yes, there may have been walks, but in those cases the pitcher may have been simply pitching around the batters.

I always thought it'd be funny if Darth Vader showed up at the plate to bat. The pitchers would be all like, "YOU THROW THE BALL" with each other. ^_~

Well, if the walks are very low then we are in perfect game territory. A no hitter is impressive no matter how you look at it. Yes, there may have been walks, but in those cases the pitcher may have been simply pitching around the batters.

Well if he's pitching around batters in fear of facing them, then I think that really waters down your no-hitter. I do think it's impressive, but it's not impressive if someone walks like 9 batters in a game, such as AJ Burnett did in his no-hitters. With 9 walks, if he had given up a hit or two we'd be saying how he was throwing the ball all over the place and had no control. I think any more than 5 or 6 walks and the no-hitter really doesn't look that impressive.

Well if he's pitching around batters in fear of facing them, then I think that really waters down your no-hitter. I do think it's impressive, but it's not impressive if someone walks like 9 batters in a game, such as AJ Burnett did in his no-hitters. With 9 walks, if he had given up a hit or two we'd be saying how he was throwing the ball all over the place and had no control. I think any more than 5 or 6 walks and the no-hitter really doesn't look that impressive.

Well said, and I completely agree.

Well said, and I completely agree.

Nothing compares to the pefect game. Only 20 (technically 21 if that ump didn't screw over that Tigers' pitcher last year), have been thrown in the history of the game. There have also been a couple perfect games through 9 that were ruined in extra innings as well, but either way, less than 30 have ever been thrown in the game. How rare is that?

Last edited:
What's New

9/20/2024
Clips4Sale offers the most tickling clips in one place on the entire web.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back