• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Not sure if it's a serious problem, but....

1st Level Orange Feather
I was checking in DeviantArt to see what's going on, and all of a sudden I came upon this: SOPA

As I read from some people's comment, the Bill that was created was suppose to take down a lot of stuff like youtube and all. Now technically youtube to me is a cool site and I was able to check on some videos that tend to catch my interest...if certain sites I love were taken down, I don't know what I'll do.

But enough about me....what do you think of this situation?

Saw this, protested, posted, etc. But the hearing was supposed to be the other day? I haven't cared enough to check results out because you know that shit won't get passed :lol

That 'shit' could very well get passed if we don't exercise our rights as Citizens- protest, write emails and letters to representatives etc. The Internet IS the battleground for human rights in the Free World- we need to protect our rights. I can't believe a bill this awful got snuck in so quickly...

Here's what EFF (Electronic Frontier Foundation) says about this atrocity:

https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2011/10/sopa-hollywood-finally-gets-chance-break-internet

Last edited:
^ So incorrect ,the internet is a capitalists world. In a capitalistic world , protesting means nothing.

That shit won't get passed if the White House doesn't want to be a hole in the ground the next day.

Gotta agree with Mash. This is yet ANOTHER exercise in futility by the USA's wonderful old duffers who doesn't have any idea how to live in the early 21st century much less run a nation in it.

You and Mash could be right, Rox. Those kind of rules may cause more than enough consequences if it pass. Gotta think about others point of view.

I mean trying to prevent others to download pictures, music, and videos illegally with that rule may be a good idea...but I'm only 45% sure about it, because some can't get what they want so much very easily if they have to pay (which for some, it's impossible).

Nothing's gonna stop the real bootleggers who make money off of digital piracy- this bill will only affect you and me, the "little people". It could potentially shut down Youtube (!) and a hundred other sites.

Most 'piracy' doesn't earn a cent for anyone- think about all those tribute videos on Youtube. People take copyrighted clips from their fav movies and anime to make a music video, then they have copyrighted music playing underneath. This is considered 'piracy' by some, cause it's unauthorized use of theor precious intellectual property...Who benefits from it? The artists who's copyrights have been 'violated' benefit from all the free exposure and free advertising they get this way! (I think this is all taken care of under "Creative Commons" or whatever its called)

Many times I've seen people download a movie or TV show "illegally" who then go out and buy the full price DVD the second it's released- every time- so how does their "piracy" cost the company any sales?

If you read EFF's site, it's not just movies and music that are pirated- scientific experiments have been shut down due to "copyright infringement"!

There have been MASSIVE online protests about this- and I heard the bill was defeated...for now. So there's at least a few people left in this country who still value their rights...

That's actually a good sign. Let's hope we will stay victorious.

What's New

9/26/2024
The TMF Chatroom is always busy and its free1
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back