• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Off to Denver I go...

Cbarton

2nd Level Yellow Feather
Tuesday, I'll be in Denver for a career opportunity of a lifetime for me. I will be presenting a project that the chemo nurses and I did as a possible "Best Practices" presentation for our association's annual national meeting. It will be a whirlwind trip (fly out Tuesday, come back Wednesday night), but if all goes right, I may get to achieve one of my career goals as a clinical pharmacist.

Just pray that the flights go well. Last time I was in Denver I was delayed a day getting home. At least I'm not flying Delta this time...😉 I'll be in a round table discussion with folks from some big time universities and M.D. Anderson in Houston (think the size of the Mayo clinic but just cancer care...), so I'll be a small pond fish in a HUGE lake this week. Which is fine, I can run with the big dogs if given a chance...

Best of luck, Hawk! May this venture bring you all the success and recognition you deserve!

The Reader's Digest version is that we came up with a method to educate our patients being started on all the new oral chemotherapy drugs that have come out in the last 4-5 years. We were able to do that, lower the number of times that they had side effects, and improve their adherence to therapy (in plain English: helped make sure they took all their doses). It came out real well for us and is still working.

LittleBigHead said:
Best of luck, Hawk! May this venture bring you all the success and recognition you deserve!

To quote Dave Ramsey, I'm already doing better than I deserve! My hope is to get recognition for our team and facility. I want to show that even small programs like ours can make big interventions for our patients. But to present at the HOPA meeting (Hem/Onc Pharmacists Association) which is being held together with the INTERNATIONAL group in June would be tremendous! That is what I am aiming for. Kinda like the end of Toy Story, where Buzz tells Woody, "We're not aiming for the truck, we're aiming for the car!"

What's New

9/22/2024
There will be Trivia in our Chat Room this Sunday Eve at 11PM EDT.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back