• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Paying for AI art

cletus

TMF Expert
Am I the only one who thinks you want me to pay you for AI art that you only created through the use of AI?

I recently had an experience with an ai artist. I paid for art and thought hey I could do this myself. I was very wrong, infact I kept failing to the point of frustration. I don't know your skill level, but I can tell you it's harder then it looks. The artist also went above and beyond adding things to the art, removing strange artifacts, and other stuff. All I can tell you is I personally don't have the time. If you can do it yourself feel free, but it's really not as easy as it looks. Even using reference images I couldn't get anywhere close. Just a thought. Even though it doesn't take as much time as a full art piece, I still think the price can be worth it in the end

Depends on the price and what's required.

It's far far quicker than proper drawing, but some stuff I simply can't do, even with super rigid parameters set up.

So far I've only charged for one AI piece, and that was already drawn and flat coloured. I just used AI to make detailed textures, etc. And I still had to photobash some parts of it. So it was 80% drawn, 20% AI.

Am I the only one who thinks you want me to pay you for AI art that you only created through the use of AI?

Ok, I'll bite.
"You" who?
Where, what, when?

I don't usually do AI.
I could; sometimes AI produces decent enough stuff, with few artifacts in need of manual correction.
Some people won't notice or care.
I would probably increase my output.
I could play the boomer card and say that most people want 3D art or manga, these days, anyway.

I might ask who was the last artist you purchases traditional art from.
As much as I don't care for AI art, I am fully aware that taming AI to return decent tickling art is not always easy.
Developers keep tweaking AI so it won't give back "lewd".
And some AI types are actually harder to "program"; not everything is as straightforward as typing a phrase into Bing Creator.

So, what was the last art piece you paid for?

Last edited:
I've given cripes what is it 50? Patreon creators a monthly membership for 1 month. Some screwed me with you can't download any of the content. Some are such great artists like Dr Random that I've since subscribed twice in 2 years. Also bought some one time only purchases from MTJ or from some artists on Gumroad.

I've given cripes what is it 50? Patreon creators a monthly membership for 1 month. Some screwed me with you can't download any of the content. Some are such great artists like Dr Random that I've since subscribed twice in 2 years. Also bought some one time only purchases from MTJ or from some artists on Gumroad.

So, nobody is asking you to pay for AI art - IF it can be recognized as AI art, since some artists are using it more and more mixed with traditional art or photo-manipulated beyond recognition.
Just keep supporting the artists you like.

Aside word about Patreon: I wonder what prevented you from downloading contents from Patreon.
I've since moved my contents from Patreon because they were starting to bug me with personal recognition and requests for IDs.
Some patrons were disgruntled about not being able to find the new location - despite me sending them private messages with instructions.
They never read those messages or downloaded contents from the links I provided, and left negative feedback claiming I screwed them.

I don't think (at this point in time anyway) that one can AI generate good looking fetish art (especially something as complex as tickling fetish art), there's still too many issues, to many mistakes it makes. And as Kalamos pointed out; if the easy to use ones like Bing even let you generate such content at all. Currently, I think AI has its use in an artist's workflow, it can generate pretty decent looking backgrounds (or at least ones that will look good with a little bit of work), complex textures, and it can come up with interesting unexpected concepts and ideas. Using IMG2IMG (in moderation, as it's equally unpredictive), the tedious process of rendering (which I hate) can be significantly sped up. So as Michaelmichaels said above, the AI part of it is about 20 percent, probably less.

So in conclusion, if what you're seeing looks like uncanny rubbish, don't pay for it. If you like what you're seeing, by all means go for it, if you want. Nobody's going to make you pay for stuff you don't want, at least not where it comes to fetish art. 🙂

So, nobody is asking you to pay for AI art - IF it can be recognized as AI art, since some artists are using it more and more mixed with traditional art or photo-manipulated beyond recognition.
Just keep supporting the artists you like.

Aside word about Patreon: I wonder what prevented you from downloading contents from Patreon.
I've since moved my contents from Patreon because they were starting to bug me with personal recognition and requests for IDs.
Some patrons were disgruntled about not being able to find the new location - despite me sending them private messages with instructions.
They never read those messages or downloaded contents from the links I provided, and left negative feedback claiming I screwed them.
There was 1 artist who I won't call out and other producers of video content that did not have downloading enabled.

There was 1 artist who I won't call out and other producers of video content that did not have downloading enabled.
Sometimes it wouldn't be bad to call out artists, so they can explain themselves; correct course.

I didn't know my distribution system was hard for some backers, until they cut their sub and left negative feedback.
But I could never explain to them directly, and they wouldn't reply to private messages after leaving, to make up for that.

Also, Patreon isn't a great platform for me: it does something weird to JPGs, converts them and you can't watch what you downloaded.
I use other platforms for downloadable contents, but it's not easy enough for some users.
I even started offering different codecs for videos, since I found out a particular backer couldn't watch them on their cellphone.

Honestly? I feel you guys should call out artists when they screw up; see how they reply.
Helps weed out the scumbags both among backers and artists.

Last edited:
There’s an amazing new #AI trick. It works for any size project. I just followed these two simple steps:
1. I identified an artist whose style I wanted to replicate.
2. I paid the artist to actually draw a portrait.

Last edited:
Ok, I'm starting to realize my way of content distribution IS too hard for casual users.
I never realized I was such a PC nerd, that I failed to take cell phone limitations into account, when sharing my files.

-_-

Well I've been on a desktop since 2000, but I'm pretty sure that non gamers are a lot of them only on a smart phone. How they could manage like this, but yeah I get it and so yeah cell phone limitations.

Well I've been on a desktop since 2000, but I'm pretty sure that non gamers are a lot of them only on a smart phone. How they could manage like this, but yeah I get it and so yeah cell phone limitations.
As part of my perks for backers, I put a compressed RAR file with my contents on Deviantart Stash and gave out links.
People wouldn't know how to download and extract it.
They would cancel and leave a negative review.
I felt like a moron myself for not realizing it was NOT the easy way for normal people nowadays.

-_-

Last edited:
seriously, just pick up a pencil and do it yourself. it doesn't take long and it's not as excruciating of a process people claim it to be.
and for the love of god, if you need to pay, pay an ACTUAL artist

seriously, just pick up a pencil and do it yourself. it doesn't take long and it's not as excruciating of a process people claim it to be.
and for the love of god, if you need to pay, pay an ACTUAL artist

Well, drawing is not an excruciating process, but it requires some time and practice, even if you start with some inclination for it.
AI generation levels the field for many people, giving them the illusion they can produce art without having to pay artists - which are sometimes seen as greedy and aloof.
Most people can't tell actual human-produced art from AI-generated anyway, especially on a cell phone screen.

Just pay an artist via commission for the artwork you want. It's that simple. A.I. not only takes valuable work away from hardworking people it also steals other people's copyrighted work.

Well, drawing is not an excruciating process, but it requires some time and practice, even if you start with some inclination for it.
AI generation levels the field for many people, giving them the illusion they can produce art without having to pay artists - which are sometimes seen as greedy and aloof.
Most people can't tell actual human-produced art from AI-generated anyway, especially on a cell phone screen.
AI is built on stolen art so i'd rather pay an artists for something original than give money to those thieves

AI is built on stolen art so i'd rather pay an artists for something original than give money to those thieves
I am trying to explain why it is so popular - even with some artists.

Aside thought.
I still draw old style - pen, pencil and paper.
People on Deviantart routinely tell me to ditch the old tools and start living in the current century.

Art theft doesn't start with finished art, though.
AI starts stealing art through machine learning vector tools.
Artists using modern programs have been training AI all along.

-> https://www.marketingaiinstitute.com/blog/adobe-terms-of-use#:~:text=The controversy began when Adobe,to keep using its software.

I am trying to explain why it is so popular - even with some artists.

Aside thought.
I still draw old style - pen, pencil and paper.
People on Deviantart routinely tell me to ditch the old tools and start living in the current century.

Art theft doesn't start with finished art, though.
AI starts stealing art through machine learning vector tools.
Artists using modern programs have been training AI all along.

-> https://www.marketingaiinstitute.com/blog/adobe-terms-of-use#:~:text=The controversy began when Adobe,to keep using its software.

The whole discussion is very similar to the one from nearly 25 years ago.

traditional illustrators: "Want a job in the in the art industry, buddy? Go study at an art school, and then try practising oils/acrylics/watercolours for a decade or so."
Corel Painter: "No need, we've made our software so it can emulate paint now, by analysing the techniques you lot worked so hard on perfecting."
upstart digital illustrators: "Yay! we can make (kind of) professional art too now, and way cheaper!"
Art industry: "Nice one! That will saves us a ton of money!"
traditional illustrators: grumble "Digital art isn't real art!"

When it comes to industry, it's always been a battle between the gatekeepers and gatecrashers. in the end the gatecrashers always win, and they become the new gatekeepers. And the cycle restarts.

I think there also needs to be a clear distinction between art as a pure expression of an individual's creativity, and art as a product. The former will always be around and they will always find attention and customers. The latter is what the "Art Industry" is all about -churning out product- and industries always evolve towards automation.

Bloody good thing I'm more of a hobbyist now than trying to do this for a living. 😛

The whole discussion is very similar to the one from nearly 25 years ago.

traditional illustrators: "Want a job in the in the art industry, buddy? Go study at an art school, and then try practising oils/acrylics/watercolours for a decade or so."
Corel Painter: "No need, we've made our software so it can emulate paint now, by analysing the techniques you lot worked so hard on perfecting."
upstart digital illustrators: "Yay! we can make (kind of) professional art too now, and way cheaper!"
Art industry: "Nice one! That will saves us a ton of money!"
traditional illustrators: grumble "Digital art isn't real art!"

When it comes to industry, it's always been a battle between the gatekeepers and gatecrashers. in the end the gatecrashers always win, and they become the new gatekeepers. And the cycle restarts.

I think there also needs to be a clear distinction between art as a pure expression of an individual's creativity, and art as a product. The former will always be around and they will always find attention and customers. The latter is what the "Art Industry" is all about -churning out product- and industries always evolve towards automation.

Bloody good thing I'm more of a hobbyist now than trying to do this for a living. 😛

Point is: if we consider art as a product, we can't stop AI generated art.

Producers will rather generate art through AI than "waste" money on artists, dubbers, writers, and so on.
Customer reactions will dictate how things will pan out; considering how popular AI generated art is with the "average" watcher, I honestly don't know which one to bet on.

For every single user claiming they'd rather support an actual artist, there are just as many people quietly enjoying AI gen. art, without much of a fuss.

Point is: if we consider art as a product, we can't stop AI generated art.

Producers will rather generate art through AI than "waste" money on artists, dubbers, writers, and so on.
Customer reactions will dictate how things will pan out; considering how popular AI generated art is with the "average" watcher, I honestly don't know which one to bet on.

For every single user claiming they'd rather support an actual artist, there are just as many people quietly enjoying AI gen. art, without much of a fuss.
AI generated art can indeed not be stopped. Consider the following:

Disney's "Fantasia" (1940), an experiment in high art. Art for art's sake.

Disney's "Wish" (2023), a piece of content mill dross which' only purpose is to keep people subscribed to their streaming platform. This is art as a "product".

You can bet your ass that Disney has already fed it's entire digital archive of work into training an AI model to use purely in-house so they can produce "content" quicker and cheaper in the future.

And to those who try to morally coerce people into paying "a real artist" for producing their casual entertainment... well, do you have an affordable car? (I guess there is Rolls Royce, if you want one that's not churned out by an automated assembly line) Do you buy from Ikea? (still plenty of bespoke furniture makers if you have the money). What about clothing? There's still plenty of tailors and dressmakers that will deliver premium quality at a price. Your phones, computers, televisions, gaming and entertainment devices, they are all much cheaper because they are mass-produced in an automated process. Do you think people solder all those microscopic surface mounted components by hand?

In the end, art, and artists aren't going away. the best and most passionate will still be around, will still get customers, and will be able to to charge more for custom commissions, because the ones that were in it just for the side hustle will have given up by then. And so, digital artists will join their predecessors, the traditional artists, in the realm of "high art", while the "Art Industry", like every other industry, gets automated.

And to those who try to morally coerce people into paying "a real artist" for producing their casual entertainment... well, do you have an affordable car? (I guess there is Rolls Royce, if you want one that's not churned out by an automated assembly line) Do you buy from Ikea? (still plenty of bespoke furniture makers if you have the money). What about clothing? There's still plenty of tailors and dressmakers that will deliver premium quality at a price. Your phones, computers, televisions, gaming and entertainment devices, they are all much cheaper because they are mass-produced in an automated process. Do you think people solder all those microscopic surface mounted components by hand?

Sometimes I wonder if those who try and morally coerce people into paying a "real artist" do actually follow through, and pay that artist.
Drawing for me is a way to stay alive, respect a schedule, and remain productive - even if I'm releasing only a scene per month.

I scoff when people ask for more genuine art: I draw old style, they should be cherishing my stuff.
Instead, I also get comments I should ditch my old tools and style and embrace modernity - "draw more like THIS, cater to my needs".

Ultimately, money and ease of use do the talking.
People asking for "real" art should probably put the wallet where the mouth is.
Or just suffer through the shift.

Sometimes I wonder if those who try and morally coerce people into paying a "real artist" do actually follow through, and pay that artist.
Drawing for me is a way to stay alive, respect a schedule, and remain productive - even if I'm releasing only a scene per month.

I scoff when people ask for more genuine art: I draw old style, they should be cherishing my stuff.
Instead, I also get comments I should ditch my old tools and style and embrace modernity - "draw more like THIS, cater to my needs".

Ultimately, money and ease of use do the talking.
People asking for "real" art should probably put the wallet where the mouth is.
Or just suffer through the shift.
i personally don't "coerce" but simply point out that, if you HAVE to pay money, you might as well pay someone who is talented instead of a moron that types shit on a search bar.
i don't have the resources to "follow through" so, if i can't make it on my own, i just suck it up and live without it.
i prefer digital drawing mainly because i'm a messy drawer, so with pen and paper i'd punch a hole through the page after 5 minutes -_-

What's New

10/4/2024
Check out the TMF Gathering Forums for where people are meeting and when!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** Jojo45 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back