• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

PC Background Not Changing...

Greeno

The background on my PC wont change. I've tried looking at other help sites, but found nothing. I try to right click, than goto properties like I always do, but it doesn't come up with anything. The only tab available is "General". Here's what my current background says:

Warning! Spyware threat detected! System error #1752

Your computer has several fatal errors due to spyware activity.
Your IP address is ####and via this address an unauthorized
access was gained by another computer. It is strictly recommeded
to install an anti-virus software to close all security breaches.

Your IP address: ####
They know you're using: ####
Your computer is: ####

Risk status for further investigation: VERY HIGH RISK

To protect your computer from spyware attacks - click here
To erase the tracks of your internet activity - click here

The thing about that, is that I did a full system scan with Norton AntiVirus, and both times it said no files were affected with viruses, spyware, or adware.

Here is what I get when I try to right click > Properties

[General]
Warning! Spyware threat detected!

Protocol: File Protocol

Type: HTML Document

Connection: Not Encrypted

Address (URL): file://C:\WINDOWS\warnhp.html

Size: 2094 bytes

Created: 5/8/2006
Modified: 5/8/2006

[Certificiates]

[OK] [Cancel] [Apply]

Is there a way I can fix this? :weird:

Oops. :wooha: I just noticed that once I hovered my mouse over the top of the background, a drop down appeared, and let me close it out. :speechles

NAV doesn't detect spyware like a spyware removal tool does. Download Ad-Aware, it's free, and it'll get that shit right out of your computer. While it's on there, your computer in idle mode is a total resource hog, and you don't need that shit. Get rid of it ASAP.

Glad you got it sorted out Greeno 🙂 . You might want to look into getting Avast though. It's a free antivirus program available to download online. The download isnt very big, the sign up takes about a minute to do, and it out performs Norton Antivirus 🙂 .

http://www.avast.com/

Hope this helps 🙂 .

Ok, I've read up on this for you. You have been infected with a virus called Troj/Spyjack-F.

To remove this virus, go to :
Start -> Settings -> Control panel -> Add or remove programs.

On the list that appears, there should be a program called "Internet update". You need to remove this file.

Dont worry, as real updates will appear on the list as "Security update for windows XP", "Update for windows XP" or "Windows XP hotfix", and will all have a K number after them, for example "KB899851".

Hope this helps 😀 .

Or you could also restore your computer system, which is what I did to get the stuff off. Because the very thing happened to me. I lost half of the tickling clips I was going to sell because of that. Grrrr.... I don't think Allah wants me to sell them.... *looks around waiting for lightning bolt*

Anyone have an opinion on McAfee? Is it worth my time and money?

Personally I'll stick to the idea that the free ones are better. They perform better than the ones you can buy.
Avast is free to home users, all that is required is that you register your email address with them once a year. Home users recieve the same version that businesses do, except businesses have to pay for their version. If it's good enough for a modern business enviroment, it's good enough for me ^_^ .
Another good alternative is AVG. This again is a free antivirus program, though in my opinion not as good as Avast.
A friend of mine did try Mcafee for a while, though he seemed more than happy with the changeover to Avast.

Hope this helps.

I definitely agree with Kimiko... i've been using avast for the last couple of years and wouldn't switch to anything else 😎

Avast har! Thar's a lily livered trojan in our midsts! Fire the cannons!!!!

McAfee is OK, but if you're going to pay for antivirus, many experts feel that NOD32 is the best commercial program. A 30-day free trial is available.

All joking aside, microsoft has a beta 2 anti spyware program you can download for free. I know , i know sometimes micro$$$$$$oft and free dont go together in the same sentence, but i have used it with very good results. Also, a good idea is to never shut down your firewall. Especially when dl files or reading e-mail.

I use Zone Alarm for my Anti-Virus, and webroot spy sweeper for spyware. According to Windows Secrets (www.windowssecrets.com) they are the best combo to use.

What's New

9/26/2024
The TMF Chatroom is always busy and its free1
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back