• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Portland, ME Munches/Gatherings

TklDuo-Ann

2nd Level Black Feather
OK, all you folks from Maine and surrounding areas! We've heard in the past that folks would like to get something going up your way. There's a great place in Portland (only about a mile off the highway) that Drew & I like to go to when we're up your way. It has a room that would be ideal for hosting munches. There are potential places nearby for a hotel based gathering as well.

We're planning at least one munch there this summer and probably another in the fall. Then, if there's enough interest (and people willing to do things), we can help organize a gathering at some point. We'll start moving on things if we get people voicing interest. If not, we'll just continue enjoying the area on our own.

Soooo....who's interested? 😉

First munch is set for Saturday July 18th at 12:30pm...HERE.

Last edited:
WOO HOO

I would so be there and be willing to help put it together.

Damn, I just moved from Portland a year ago. There was one gathering there I got to attend though. So glad I did too.

I know exactly where you are talking about, but its really the South Portand area.
Sounds wicked cool.

The place I'm talking about is Sebago Brewery, in the Old Port area off of 295. They have a terrific restaurant with a wide variety of things to choose from. There are tons of shops, etc. in the area to check out too if folks want to hang out afterwards. Here's a link to the area shops, etc.... http://www.portlandmaine.com/index.php?sec=5

You know, thought ME is a bit of a drive, i HAVE kinda been looking for an excuse to see that beautiful state again... pondering.

I love that area of Maine...haven't been up in ages....we shall so what is doing with the kiddies..

I'm hoping that we'll hear from some more of the folks up that way since that's the whole point of doing something up there.

Drew & I actually try to go to Maine for some vacation time each year...usually in the off season. During one of those trips, we hit a bunch of different breweries that had restaurants. Sebago was one of them. We thought it was the best of the places we've hit over the years. We now also do day trips up for lunch (and so Drew can hit the used music/movie/game store across the street). So, the 3 1/2 hour drive for us is now pretty routine.

There IS a hotel right next door that is pretty reasonable if anyone wanted to do an overnight rather than drive back that same day. They have a full spa too.

It's a pretty drive any time, but especially so during peak color in the fall. So, we'll shoot for mid to late Oct. for the fall munch.

Last edited:
The place I'm talking about is Sebago Brewery, in the Old Port area off of 295. They have a terrific restaurant with a wide variety of things to choose from. There are tons of shops, etc. in the area to check out too if folks want to hang out afterwards. Here's a link to the area shops, etc.... http://www.portlandmaine.com/index.php?sec=5

I apologize, my bad. It wasn't where I thought you were thinking.
The old port is nice. Lots of shops up and down Fore and commercial street
Although,I remember Sebago Brewery when it was by the Mall.

No biggie. I should have been more specific in my first post. The Mall area location may still exist. Sebago has 4 (I think) facilities in ME. The parking ramp on Fore St. is just a 2 block walk to the restaurant. So, we generally park there. It's also centrally located in the midst of the many shops so that it's easy to drop stuff back at the car should anyone get carried away buying things. lol

Sounds awesome!

Sounds awesome! Maine is a beautiful place to have a gathering. I would love to attend and I'd be happy to help you guys out with whatever you need, just let me know.

Hmmm...I could combine this with a Christmas shopping trip to Freeport...interesting!

Finally a gathering in Maine?!

I'll be the new guy at this party, but I live about an hour and a half from Portland.

I'm so excited to meet the group.

I'm only 20, but will be 21 in December. Would that be a problem for you guys?

I'll be the new guy at this party, but I live about an hour and a half from Portland.

I'm so excited to meet the group.

I'm only 20, but will be 21 in December. Would that be a problem for you guys?

It's always cool to meet new folks, Jester. And munches are one of the most comfy places to get those first time jitters out of your system. As long as folks are over 18 (21 to drink in most locations), it's cool. You'll soon find that age doesn't end up making much difference in this crew. We have friends everywhere from thier late teens on up into their 70s. Tickling makes us all young at heart!

Looking forward to meeting you!

So, now that we have people's attention...

How does late July sound for a first munch? Say, the 18th or 25th? (Unit, you can do Christmas in July! lol)

Late July sounds excellent!

What should I bring?

I've never been to a...tickling forum party. It sounds so...festive.

I think I'll make many new friends.

I should be able to make it... and I may be able to bring a new convert! I tickled her for the first time on Friday night, and she LOVED it.

Also, July 16th is my birthday!

-- Adam

What should I bring?

All you need to bring is yourself...and your wallet of course. The nice thing about a munch is that there really isn't a lot of prep work. We just line up the space, show up and pig out. We order off the normal menu and everyone pays for thier own. Any shopping or other activities after the lunch are up to each to decide what they feel like. We can all hang together and walk over to the theater for a movie, wander amid the shops, split up and ignore one another (jk)...whatever.

Adam, it would be cool to meet your new friend.

I am so there! I am also a newb that would like to start attending these type of things, and I will be living in Portland by then. I can't wait to meet some fellow ticklephiles!

Sounds good, Jester! The 18th and the 25th both work perfectly for me.

Also, there is a new Sebago Brewing Company restaurant that opened recently down the street from the mall, next to a hotel. This is not to be confused with the one that is directly in the mall itself. Just wanted to clarify.

I'm getting pretty excited about this already!

OK, looks like there's definately enough interest to do this. Just one little hitch. The Boston group will likely be having their munch one of the two weekends we were originally looking at.

What do folks think of doing the 11th instead so we don't conflict with them?

What's New

9/28/2024
Supporting companies that advertise on the forum helps us also!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back