• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

portrait of Vickaria Eridani (digital art, non-fetish)

scavenger

1st Level Red Feather
I haven't made any non-tk (or non-fetish art) to post here since this section was created, but I guess there's a first time for everything.

This is Vickaria "Vicky" Eridani, the main character from my latest e-comic (which is available from MTJ publishing).
It was the product of an experiment in painting with my new Wacom tablet and I'm quite happy how it turned out. Everything about it was done digitally, just to see how my painting style would transfer to the digital medium. Once I got a feeling I'll be abandoning traditional painting more and more for digital painting (well, for electronic illustrations that is). This might very well be the shape of things to come... 🙂

Attachments

• vickyportrait.jpg
    vickyportrait.jpg
    377.9 KB · Views: 85
Wow....thats amazing man....you are getting way to good at this stuff....🙂

It won't be long before we can't distinguish your work from photographs! It has a brutal and yet refined sense of realism about it, and the dark coloring and shadows gives it a sense of forbidding that is often attempted but seldom accomplished in any medium.
Plus, it's not at all disappointing to look at. ^___^

Holy poop that's amazing. It may seem odd with her stunningly well done face there but I a most impressed with the lights on her outfit. They are outstanding. Not only are the lights themselves appearing to shine but you've managed to get the glow on surrounding pieces of the outfit down perfectly. Her hair, tinged with green or orange depending on the side, the metal(?) around the green light slightly greener for it, just outstanding. Wowza. 😵

Glory, I can see why you're so sold on the Wacom tablet! This is the best endorsement for it I've yet seen! The art glows; it feels "hands on" as any conventional sketch or painting! The subtle color blending is particularly impressive. Textures are palpable enough to stroke (I wouldn't try it, though... Vicky looks like she's got a mean streak!) The lady's strong, dominating features are beautifully contoured, glistening with vitality and deeply shadowed for strong character and high drama! Her lips are ripe with sensual cruelty, her eyes steely and determined, her silky fall of hair frames her resolve with contrasting golden allure (plus, the hint of mole beneath her left eye serves as a distinctive identifier... as if she weren't already delivering an indelible impression!) Vicky is clearly a world-beater, and well armored for the part: the hard edge of her weathered leather (metal?) gear and intimidating battle illumination don't so much accentuate her ruggedness as seem perfectly attuned to it: this hardy miss could bite through iron... what chance could a fleshy opponent hope for!

Cheshire Cat: Thanks! 🙂

Relent: Thank you! I'm not trying to mimic photos though. It'd be silly to try painting something that it is indistinguishable from photography. One could just take the picture with a camera, or photoshop pictures together.

HDS: Thanks!
well, those are the real strenghts of digital painting. In a traditional painting, the glow of such lights could only be accomplished with ink glazes and airbrushing (and years of experience) whereas in digital painting (I'm using Photoshop Elements) one has brushes that can be set to Multiply, Color, Linear Dodge (= some of the functions I used in painting the lights and their reflections)
For the structure "inside" the lights, I used a photo of a bicycle headlight, which I tweaked to make it look more painterly.

Littlebighead: Wow, you just summed up Vicky's entire personality! I must assume my work was succesful in transferring my ideas and intent to the viewers. 🙂 Like I said above, the digital way offers some advantages over traditional painting, like setting the brush to "color" at a low opacity, then selecting the dominating color in a pecific region, and then lightly brush it over the neighbouring regions. The result is a far greater color harmony.
In a way I have been doing this in my traditional art, but now I have a far more diverse palette at my disposal.
Her armour is indeed meant to represent metal or a ceramite composite, or some other hard, shiny material.
Thank you for the extensive comments! Always a joy to read! 🙂

What's New

9/20/2024
Clips4Sale offers the most tickling clips in one place on the entire web.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back