• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

"Problems" with my group...

What should I do to post my latest works?

• Make a second group

Votes: 16 94.1%
  • Delete some member's works which already appear in other sites/groups

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Delete some of my older works to make way for the new ones

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Post links to new art in the messages section

• Never update my group ever again!

• Total voters

grippedchimp

2nd Level Yellow Feather
Well, it's not exactly a problem, it's more a dilemna. You see, I was going to add all my CG works to my current group (yes Darth Vegeta, you can keep quiet now), but I came to the conclusion that there isn't enough space for all of them anymore. Therefore, I've constructed a poll to see what you think on what I should do. Well, when you've made about 230-odd pics over 3 years, you're bound to have a problem like this, eventually!

😀 GC, I would suggest either create a new group or I give you permission to delete my few cartoons in your group to free up some space. It took Kyle Dragon no less than 1 day to create a new group. It's being listed that takes up to a week. 😛 😀

😀 Smart Groups at http://www.smartgroups.com has 480 kb less space than Yahoo but they allow users to post images to other websites and they list all their groups, adult or general, most likely sooner than Yahoo groups does. 😀

I'd suggest creating a second group, after all Kahoshiden has already created another.

And we wouldn't want you to delete your works ever.

Getting rid of any of your older work is committing a crime against humanity! You cant... i just love it all so much.. 😀 Grats on 3 years again. Your group has truely grown into something great.. from its humble "club" beginings till now.

Hmmm....well, you could ask TickleTheater to give you a section (As Rajee, Chesire Cat, and Celtic Emperor have) where you could post all your stuff. No real space concerns there. But, in lieu of that, a new group sounds like a fine idea.

While everyone else seems to have voted for a second group, I agree. However, I voted to remove other artist's material from your group. Speaking strictly towards being focused, I find it often unnecessary for a group to include the works of others. While this is a plus in its own way (more so for them), it does tend to take total attention away from the main artist to whom the group belongs. This isn't to say you are hogging the attention or would want to, since those persons could just as easily create their own group for their own material. I would sooner support that than to allow for distraction.

I also voted for this option because it would free up space. Just how much space is dependant on how much is currently being taken up by the other artists who have folders of their own on your group.

While I doubt this is the ultimate answer, it would help keep things tidy and focused. I believe it would just be easier to create another group however. Thats what I would do if I needed/wanted to.

OK, lemme reply to your... erm... replies. Narf.

rajee: I use Yahoo! Groups as a means of posting previews of my work in a smaller size. And besides, I've a handy UK webhost to store all my full-size art work in, so I've no problems on that matter.

FF7/Guy_0: Hmm... deleting my older works is a bad idea innit? Me so stoopeed...

HDS: As mentioned above, I've already got a host, and it's there even if Yahoo! Groups do go tits up. It's nice for TickleTheater to host for artists, though.

C_E: Now that's just selfish. People who post in other people's groups are usually newcomers and shy artists who are equally trying to build their confidence in their art. If you look around the guest art folder in my group, there are arseloads of pics that don't appear anywhere else on the net. Once they gain confidence in themselves, they'll eventually post here once they get their own webspace and post right here in the TMF. For those people, my group can be a considered a launchpad for their art, and once they pull out some great art, I'll be pleased I've inadvertantly helped them.

Anyway, seems the polls overwhelmingly in favour in the new group. I will however, remove pics in the group that are already in other groups, forums, etc. (rajee, spiderdude, etc.) Of course, by way of compensation, I'll post links to their groups and forums in my group. I may need the extra juice in my group for concept art or similar.

quiet?

Okay I'll shut up... ):

🙁 🙁 🙁 🙁 🙁 🙁 🙁 🙁

grippedchimp said:

C_E: Now that's just selfish. People who post in other people's groups are usually newcomers and shy artists who are equally trying to build their confidence in their art. If you look around the guest art folder in my group, there are arseloads of pics that don't appear anywhere else on the net. Once they gain confidence in themselves, they'll eventually post here once they get their own webspace and post right here in the TMF. For those people, my group can be a considered a launchpad for their art, and once they pull out some great art, I'll be pleased I've inadvertantly helped them.

In cases like this, I whole-heartedly agree with you to the letter. I was speaking only of known artists who could just as easily create their own group or find hosting. Or, its that they already have their own groups and having their work on someone else's group is unnecessary or cluttery sometimes, especially considering your situation.

What's New

9/21/2024
Visit the TMF Welcome forum and take a second to say hello to us!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back