• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

PS3 or X-Box 360?

Hungarian21

4th Level Yellow Feather
Soon, (sometime next year) the new X-Box 360 and the Playstation 3 will appear on the shelves. Today, X-Box outdoes the Playstation a little thanks to better graphics in certain (or all? I dont know, I only have a PS2 🙄 ) games, and better sound.
What will happen when these new versions come out? Will the Playstation still be outdone by X-box or just the opposite? 😕

Last edited:
I wouldn't entirely agree that X-Box outdoes the PS2 completely. Yes, the X-Box does have better graphics and audio abilities seeing that it has come from the worlds largest computer company. But then again the PS2 outdoes the X-Box in material and Games. The PS2 was the main system for some of the largest game names known to the world such as "GTA 3, Vice City, San Andreas' and "Grand Turismo" aswell as "Timesplitters" and "WWE: Smackdown". It was only until later that X-Box made their own version of some of these games. So I would say they were rather neck and neck (but that is my opinion, of course, you are entitled to your own).

Now these new game stations will be a phenomenal hit all around the US, Uk etc.
Both systems will have improved graphics and audio capabilities. I've heard on the Radio that the PS3 will have 'Movie-Class' effects and thus improving game play by unimaginable preportions and this is the PS3, I'm sure the largest computer company in the world will pull out something supremely cool with the X-Box 360. Also the games themselves will be spectacular. I want to see what GTA will be like on these new consoles aswell as other games. The new effects will increase their popularity by .... a very large number.

I for one am excited about these 2 consoles and I will surely get both as soon as they come out. But I'm just wondering what the prices will be when they come out for the first time. No doubt they'll be well over £300. But still...

PS3! all the way! Its a more powerful machine than the X box.. and will have more variety game titles. unlike the x box now GTA San andreas has only just been released for x box ... lmao!

I'm going to buy the Nintendo Revolution and the PS3. At the same time? No. A few months after the first purchase? No. When no one is looking, I'll slip it under my shirt and run like hell? Probably.

Just to let you know, Xbox 360 is scheduled for release on November 1st, and PS3 not sometime until Summer of 06. Personally, I'll end up getting all three, but I'm more of a Xbox 360 fan, due to Square Enix heading that way, plus Xbox has the rights to some great games, such as Shenmue, Conker Live and Reloaded, Halo, and others.

I'm pretty much a Sony guy, I'm loyal to the family. You filthy X-Box types make me sick, you and your kind. 😛

The way the industry is going it just might not be able to support three systems for much longer. The 360 is surely going to be a nice machine with pleanty of great games. The DoA series, Halo, and Ninja Gaiden to name a few. But I just get the feeling it will go the way of the Saturn. Without complete backwords compatability it will completely kill there market base. We do know it will be able to play "the most popular X-Box games" through emulation. But as to what exactally "the most popluar" includes we still don't know. For all we know that could only be five or six games. We all know Sony isn't going anywhere anytime soon so I'm sure the PS3 will be around for the next ten years. And as for Nintendo? Well, think about this. Nintendo is always the first to make major changes on the face of the gaming industry. Take force-feedback for example. That was all Nintendo. When they announced that Star Fox 64 would include a "Rumble Pack" the whole world's reaction was, "Rumble Pack? Sounds kinda silly to me." But what happened? Months later the PSX was re-released in "Dual-Shock" form and force-feedback became an industry standard. Nintendo is playing their cards very slowly. Just like they should. When we all finally see what this whole "revolution" actually is I get the feeling there will be a thunderous THUD as everyone's jaws hit the floor at the same time. (^_^)

The way the industry is going it just might not be able to support three systems for much longer.

I don't know if I agree with that but if one of the three did drop out which would it be? Since it lags behind in market share I'd say Nintendo but then where would all the younger gamers go? No....I think there is a place for 3 major consoles.
If, that is, they continue to be neatly seperated. Nintendo caters to younger people and those who like games that are more cute and fun. Xbox for hardcore gamers and graphics-junkies, and Sony as the general workhorse.
Personally I'll be waiting (a long time) for the first major price drop on the PS3 before I buy a next-gen console. I've never played an xbox (partly cause the control is just too big for my hands) and I'd like something that will play my PS2 games without having to keep another system out cluttering things up (I still play my N64 sometimes).
Now if I were to get two of the three new consoles it would be a Nintendo rather than a xbox cause I just love Nintendo games and always have. 🙂

kjiron said:
The way the industry is going it just might not be able to support three systems for much longer. The 360 is surely going to be a nice machine with pleanty of great games. The DoA series, Halo, and Ninja Gaiden to name a few. But I just get the feeling it will go the way of the Saturn. Without complete backwords compatability it will completely kill there market base. We do know it will be able to play "the most popular X-Box games" through emulation. But as to what exactally "the most popluar" includes we still don't know. For all we know that could only be five or six games. We all know Sony isn't going anywhere anytime soon so I'm sure the PS3 will be around for the next ten years. And as for Nintendo? Well, think about this. Nintendo is always the first to make major changes on the face of the gaming industry. Take force-feedback for example. That was all Nintendo. When they announced that Star Fox 64 would include a "Rumble Pack" the whole world's reaction was, "Rumble Pack? Sounds kinda silly to me." But what happened? Months later the PSX was re-released in "Dual-Shock" form and force-feedback became an industry standard. Nintendo is playing their cards very slowly. Just like they should. When we all finally see what this whole "revolution" actually is I get the feeling there will be a thunderous THUD as everyone's jaws hit the floor at the same time. (^_^)

Actually, I don't agree with that. While Nintendo comes up with a lot of the ideas, they still fail in the end when it comes to game quality, game quantity, and game popularity. The Revolution is just supposed to be a system that plays N64 titles or something, and I'm really not interested in it at all, to tell the truth 😛

And...I'd like to know what it is and people making fun of Xbox fans. I used to do it to when I didn't have one, so maybe it's that you're jealous? 😛 Kidding.

But really, Xbox is argueably the best system on the market, right there with PS2. I agree that they are neck and neck, but I DO NOT agree that PS2 beats Xbox in games. Both Xbox AND PS2 have good solid games, and in the end, it comes down to preformance and online play. That's where Xbox dominates PS2.

With Square Enix coming to Xbox 360 and not PS3, I'm definatley leaning towards Xbox 360. But PS3 will be good, I have no doubt about it, and I'll probably get one when they're in the 150 dollar range.

What system is your favorite, in the end, depends on the kinds of games you enjoy. I enjoy PS2 because of it's fast paced action titles, such as Devil May Cry, and it's RPGs, such as the INFAMOUS Final Fantasy series, now moving to Xbox 360. I like Xbox for it's AMAZING shooters, such as Halo, and fighting games like Dead or Alive. The racing games arn't bad either.

Anyway, I'd like to end this by stating that I dispise Gamecube with every fiber of my being. Super Nintendo? Great. N64? Groundbreaking. Gamecube? BLECH. 😛 But I'll also agree that since everyone is entitled to their opinion, I probably just wasted a lot of time. Oh well, I'm passionate about games. 😉

Anyway, I'd like to end this by stating that I dispise Gamecube with every fiber of my being. Super Nintendo? Great. N64? Groundbreaking. Gamecube? BLECH. But I'll also agree that since everyone is entitled to their opinion, I probably just wasted a lot of time. Oh well, I'm passionate about games.

I enjoyed my SNES more than my N64. The fact that the Revolution will play all of the old Nintendo games is a huge bonus for me. I'm a big Nintendo fan and if I can download all the classics for free or low cost on the Revolution you can be sure I'll be picking one up. Even cooler would be if it could actually play the physical cartridges of all the old systems but that would just be too much to ask. A kickass idea though.

nessonite said:
I enjoyed my SNES more than my N64. The fact that the Revolution will play all of the old Nintendo games is a huge bonus for me. I'm a big Nintendo fan and if I can download all the classics for free or low cost on the Revolution you can be sure I'll be picking one up. Even cooler would be if it could actually play the physical cartridges of all the old systems but that would just be too much to ask. A kickass idea though.

Maybe so...but seeing as how I have all my old stuff still, it doesn't appeal to me. If I didnt have all of it, I might consider it when it got REALLY low in price.

Budweiserbob! said:
I wouldn't entirely agree that X-Box outdoes the PS2 completely. Yes, the X-Box does have better graphics and audio abilities seeing that it has come from the worlds largest computer company. But then again the PS2 outdoes the X-Box in material and Games. The PS2 was the main system for some of the largest game names known to the world such as "GTA 3, Vice City, San Andreas' and "Grand Turismo" aswell as "Timesplitters" and "WWE: Smackdown". It was only until later that X-Box made their own version of some of these games. So I would say they were rather neck and neck (but that is my opinion, of course, you are entitled to your own).

Now these new game stations will be a phenomenal hit all around the US, Uk etc.
Both systems will have improved graphics and audio capabilities. I've heard on the Radio that the PS3 will have 'Movie-Class' effects and thus improving game play by unimaginable preportions and this is the PS3, I'm sure the largest computer company in the world will pull out something supremely cool with the X-Box 360. Also the games themselves will be spectacular. I want to see what GTA will be like on these new consoles aswell as other games. The new effects will increase their popularity by .... a very large number.

I for one am excited about these 2 consoles and I will surely get both as soon as they come out. But I'm just wondering what the prices will be when they come out for the first time. No doubt they'll be well over £300. But still...

Yeah, you are right, I should have mentioned the new Nintendo, I guess it just slipped my mind. (I must be going crazy, for I had a gamecube 3 years before I finally got a PS2. Maybe because my parents bought the gamecube for me as a gift, and the PS2 I had to pay for...😛)

Anyway, I stick loyal to Nintendo and Sony, though since I'm a Zelda fan, Nintendo will have to come first. 😉

Id like to say this. Nintendo has give me hours of joy. Super smash brothers melee, the mario series, metroid games, star fox. I mean seriously you dont get that challenging game play that you get with most nintendo games. Im no nintendo fanboy but they have made some cool and fun games. The ps2 well your lucky if those games actually run with all the disc read errors. However, they have made some fun games like devil may cry, the final fantasy games. The xbox doesnt have that many good games for it. they have halo and ninja gaiden, and the xbox live support. I used the xbox mostly cause it had good resolution for the games that were ported to multiple systems.

Now onto the new gen systems. Well at least they look cool. E3 we got a bunch of tech demos. I dont believe any of the games that sony showed us were real time. Stick a controller in the console and show us something. Take in mind that im not ranting on anyone, im just not some eight year old whos gunna get all jumpy cause he seen a would be could be screen shot of a nicely animated CGI building.

Xbox 360 yeah im looking forward to quake 4, perfect dark zero and halo3, I think the system will easily be a success. Also, with the xbox live support. Its a sure package for any gamer.

Nintendo revolution: they havent shows us anything but come on its nintendo, they saved the video game industy when they revealed the nes back in the days. All they have to do is give us more quality games like they have always done in the past.

I will say this, All I want are games that have quality game play and a unique gaming experience. I dont want five thousand grand theft auto clones and 5 billion halo killers.

p.s. forgot to add, since im a square whore, and the president of squaresoft went to microsoft, I pray for the day i see chrono trigger 3..plz plez plez.. :wooha:

Last edited:
Oh man I forgot all about the new Zelda game. That is something I HAVE to play even if I will have to wait a while to get a Revolution. 😀
Nintendo has always been just plain fun. When I was buying my PS2 I debated a long time between it and the Game Cube cause I really wanted to play things like Mario, Pikmin, etc. My need to play Tony Hawk though won and I settled on the PS2. 😀

nessonite said:
Oh man I forgot all about the new Zelda game. That is something I HAVE to play even if I will have to wait a while to get a Revolution. 😀
Nintendo has always been just plain fun. When I was buying my PS2 I debated a long time between it and the Game Cube cause I really wanted to play things like Mario, Pikmin, etc. My need to play Tony Hawk though won and I settled on the PS2. 😀

Actually, the new Zelda game will come out for gamecube. I just mentioned it because its probably going to have ANOTHER version come out for the Revolution. Can't...wait... :grind_tee

Maybe the Revolution and PS3, because I like Sony and Nintendo.

I was going to buy an Xbox 360, but the limited backwards compatibility is disappointing.

Come people, get your facts straight, I have all three consoles and it's really just a matter of preference... If you want fighting games get a PS2, the dualshock controller is the best suited for this kind of games by far, sports and shoters, X-Box, hands down, RPG and adventure, GameCube, no contest...
Personally, I like Gamecube better, for many reasons, first of all, it has the best titles for group playing, Mario Kart, Smash Brothers Melee, Mario Party... second, it has the best image of the three(at least when they make an effort on the game), let's be objective here, x-box has the most powerfull console, but apparently the game developers are not smart enough to use its full potential, I mean, you might think it has the best resolution, but one glance at GC's RE zero and its all over... but I'm getting a bit to excited on this, let's leave it at that for now and move on to the new consoles...(besides, I'm sure I'll have plenty of time to reply the retaliations to what I just wrote)
The X-box 360 and PS3 have very similar specifications in general, but where they differ, they do greatly. For example, PS3's RAM is "announced"(pay attention to the announced part, cause it is subject to change since it still has around one year before release) to 256 mb, while X-Box 360 is set for 512 mb, and that gives a lot of potential grafic superiority, but still, it's not all about the grafics of a game, I still play castlevania symphony of the night and chrono trigger, and one is from PSone and the other from SNES!!!!!!!!!!
But the biggest difference is the blue-ray feature that the PS3 has, you can't compare a 59 GB capacity per disc to a 9 GB, personally, I think this going to make a huge difference in game capability and maybe in the overall console war, not to mention the bluetooth and wireless connection. I'd rather not talk about the revolution, cause well, theres not much to say but, I agree with the whole jaw hitting the floor thing someone said before...
Anyway, I'll leave it up to here, it's already long enough, and maybe I'll continue later, after some more posts have been made...
And for the record, GameCube rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

janus4385 said:
second, it has the best image of the three(at least when they make an effort on the game), let's be objective here, x-box has the most powerfull console, but apparently the game developers are not smart enough to use its full potential

Absolute pile of bullshit. 😀

There are TONS of Xbox games that use even MORE than Xbox's full potential, and Gamecube, at least lately, seems to usually count on cell shading. When they don't count on cell shading, the graphics are far far more mediocre than PS2 or Xbox. Take a look at Halo 2. The graphics on Halo 2 tested Xbox's power, and well, they might have overdone it, because some of the cutscenes get a little laggy. Gamecube does NOT have the best image of the three at all. Actually, if you line up games comparitively, PS2 wins the graphics war, along with action titles and fighting games (though I prefer fighting games on Xbox, the controls feel more familiar and accessible to me), Xbox with performance, shooters, sports, and racing, and Gamecube wins nothing but a hoorah on Adventure games and....well, KIND OF RPGs, yet Final Fantasy beat the shit out of any Gamecube RPG. I think I know what I'll pick. :weird:

As for next-gen, my hopes run high for Xbox 360. While still commanding shooters, sports, racing, and performance, they will now have great action games and RPGs thanks to Square coming to them (nice move btw Sqaure!). I, like AphxA, am a complete and utter Square WHORE, and basically the whole reason I got a PS2 was for Sqaure's games. It's no contest to me. Sure, PS3 will have it's games too, but I have a feeling it will lose a ton of profit without Square by it's side...

I'll end this statement with a salute to Nintendo for the few good games they have...and a respecful "but, you lose." 😀 Oh yeah, and sorry if I offended Nintendo fans, but I can't stand it when someone claims that Gamecube beats PS2 and Xbox. Sure, it has some good games, and I'll admit that, but that's not enough for me.

Last edited:
-Kunoke- said:

QUOTE]

I saw that one coming and knew there would such a reply. Look kid, I'm not looking foward to starting any kind of fight here, but I must tell you, you are really not paying attention, I stand with my previous statement, as I said I have all three consoles, and, after seeing RE with a component video cable on an HD TV :wooha: , it is the best... And please, PS2 is the poorest of the three when it comes to grapics, it has some of the best games, but if you ever read a review on any multi-console game you'll find that there is always a nice mention of the more modest version of it for the PS2... Try not to get too worked up, I already said that X-Box is the most powerfull console, but it's strong suit is the online play and the processor speed, and why is it that X-Box fans always resort to Halo to back up their console, if you really want to play halo up to its full, play it on an Alienware...
As for the fighting games, well, I just think the PS2 controller is easier to handle, but again, if you like the X-Box controller better, it's your choice to make.
And I have to encourage you to try and see the bigger picture, your not making any profit out of defending any console, so I don't think I'ts worth it offending anyone by saying what they wrote is bullshit, again, don't get so worked up...

Anyway, I apologize if I offended you in any way, I really respect your opinion, but I'm just trying to look at this as objectively as I can...

janus4385 said:
-Kunoke- said:

QUOTE]

I saw that one coming and knew there would such a reply. Look kid, I'm not looking foward to starting any kind of fight here, but I must tell you, you are really not paying attention, I stand with my previous statement, as I said I have all three consoles, and, after seeing RE with a component video cable on an HD TV :wooha: , it is the best... And please, PS2 is the poorest of the three when it comes to grapics, it has some of the best games, but if you ever read a review on any multi-console game you'll find that there is always a nice mention of the more modest version of it for the PS2... Try not to get too worked up, I already said that X-Box is the most powerfull console, but it's strong suit is the online play and the processor speed, and why is it that X-Box fans always resort to Halo to back up their console, if you really want to play halo up to its full, play it on an Alienware...
As for the fighting games, well, I just think the PS2 controller is easier to handle, but again, if you like the X-Box controller better, it's your choice to make.
And I have to encourage you to try and see the bigger picture, your not making any profit out of defending any console, so I don't think I'ts worth it offending anyone by saying what they wrote is bullshit, again, don't get so worked up...

Anyway, I apologize if I offended you in any way, I really respect your opinion, but I'm just trying to look at this as objectively as I can...

You're not making profit either so there's no point in stating that. I wasn't trying to start an arguement, but I am looking at the whole picture. As a whole, PS2 and Xbox beat Gamecube. As far as PS2's graphics, try looking at the Final Fantasy series, Devil May Cry (EXCELLENT series by the way), and plenty of other games I wont bother listing. When it comes to people backing up Xbox with Halo, it's pretty valid, and the reason I use Halo (and of course Halo 2) is because it's one of the best games on the console, and it's also one of my favorites. If you want me to find other games to list, then by all means, I will. But I consider that a waste of time.

When you say that Gamecube is superior, you SHOULD expect an answer like the one I gave, and you did, so that's good. Resident Evil. Okay, well look, Resident Evil is good in hi-def. This is true. But, remember that Resident Evil came to Gamecube last with its own version, and Xbox in hi def looks a LOT better in my opinion. I've played tons of games such as Halo (of course), Counter-Strike, Madden '05, Need for Speed Underground 2, and so many others in hi-def and I can tell you, it really just kicks total ass. I'm really not trying to offend you, and I wasn't getting heated, I was just stating what I believe to be fact. If you have your own opinion, that's cool, and I'm just stating mine. When someone says Gamecube is better, I see it as bullshit, and I'm sorry, but I won't have it any other way. We can sit and argue all day but it's not helping anything, and it's just creating anger, as is obvious to me.

For the record...Alienware SUCKS (sorry if that offends anyone too 😛 ). I can get a computer custom made for less than half the price and get better hardware as well. It's a total rip off. When you buy an Alienware, you're paying for the fancy shmancy shell, not the hardware. 😉

I'm not a big fan of Alieware either, just used it as a known reference... Well, I guess this is pointless, because, let's face it, nobody can change either of our minds, so... let's just leave it at that, ok?

ps3 for me since it has backward compatability and not invalidate my ps2 stock

What's New

9/20/2024
Clips4Sale offers the most tickling clips in one place on the entire web.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back