• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Punk Rock

kopfhorer1

1st Level Orange Feather
About 30 years ago, I went to my first Ramones concert. What was your first exposure to punk, and what was your reaction?

My own reaction was of ecstasy! Popular music had moved so far into the "mellow" or "formula" camp in the late 1970's that I was actually thinking I'd live to see the end of rock. Thank you Joey, Sid, Captain and everybody else who made that scene back in the day!

Punk Rock? Oh I love my punk rock. 2 years ago, I heard this song called, Mellow Madness by a group called Punk Sock, it was love at first beat.

hmmm the Sex Pistols....and was The Clash punk rock???? and Blondie sort of reminded me of punk rock...

hmmm the Sex Pistols....and was The Clash punk rock???? and Blondie sort of reminded me of punk rock...

ya those were the first punx

Punk rock is really cool, but i can't remember my first punk band. it was probably black flag lol.

My first exposure to punk was when I was 8 and it was The Casualties. I didn't like them much at that time, but I did like Bikini Kill and Operation Ivy.

Later on, it was Sex Pistols, Ramones, Clash, Casualties, and the Misfits.

Now, it's The Misfits, The Descendants, The Dead Kennedys, and The Clash.

Captain Corporate eats your eyeballs.

Izzat a real band name? `Cause I'm totally using for our garage band if it's available. :5:

I love the whole "Fuck paying $75 for a show when we can BE the show"-d.i.y. ethos of punk rock.
I also find it interesting that the two coasts(of the USA) grew two different forms, much like hip hop.

This is a hard topic to comment in, because it's so difficult to define "punk" music. Things were dire by the time punk broke(the mid/late-70's). Between AM soft rock, "concept"-albums, and bloated stadium excesses, something, anything different needed to happen.
I enjoyed the early days, when there was less distinction between punk and the slightly later arriving "new wave". At first, artists like Blondie, Elvis Costello, The B-52's, The Talking Heads, The Cramps, and hoards more were all lumped together as 'punk'. Now? 40 years later? Shit. Who knows what's punk or not?
Not my beat down middle-aged ass. :yawn:

The Clash yes...i couldn't remember the name...he was so cute..lol oops i mean The Knack...were they punk?

Last edited:
The Clash yes...i couldn't remember the name...he was so cute..lol oops i mean The Knack...were they punk?

The band that did "My Sherona"? No, definitely not.

I think the hardest genre they qualified for was "power punk".

What's New

9/26/2024
The TMF Chatroom is always busy and its free1
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back