• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Punk Suggestions?

Scouse

1st Level Red Feather
When I say punk, I'm talking the lighter side, NOFX Rancid,Green Day Kerplunk - Nimrod. I haven't listened to this kind of thing in a while,and after spending about 15 minutes of thinking of bands I used to listen to, and only remembering the above three, I was wondering if you guys could make a few suggestions on songs you'd reccomend?

Thanks in advance.

NOFX - Bob
Green Day - Saint Jimmy
Anything by Rancid
Anything by Dropkick Murphys
Anything by Flogging Molly
Anything by The Real Mackenzies
The self-titled album by the Suicide Machines
The self-titled album by Operation Ivy

Enjoy!

Snail Shell

And the memories come flooding back!

I saw the Dropkicks a few years ago 🙂

I'm guessing by 'lighter side', you mean nothing too hardcore. So, as far as the early 80s stuff goes, you may want to check out the first albums by Dead Kennedys and The Replacements. Anything by The Ramones would fit what you're describing, as would The Clash from London Calling-Combat Rock.

I'm a little bit old school...

Try the Sex Pistols/Ex-Pistols 1988 release "The Swindle Continues", which has an excellent version of No Fun, as well as their usual catalogue. Or go with the The Stooges' 1969 self titled first album with: No Fun, Now I Wanna be Your Dog and We Will Fall. As well, don't forget about "Exploited", which spawned "Goodbye Mr. McKenzie", which broke up and whose members became "Garbage" and "Shakespeare's Sister". Finally, give these guys a try: Forgotten Rebels, Penetration, and the Suicidal Tendencies.

If you can find it, get UK/DK, a great compilation album that includes my personal faves, the Vice Squad with Stand Strong, Stand Proud.

Plus, I agree with Strider, you can't go wrong with the Dead Kennedys (Holiday in Cambodia, Pull My Strings), The Ramones (Blitzkrieg Bop, I Wanna be Sedated, Somebody Put Something in My DrinK), or the Clash (Rock the Cashbah, Should I Stay or Should I Go?, I Fought the Law).

Green Day - Saint Jimmy
Anything by Rancid
Anything by Dropkick Murphys
Anything by Flogging Molly
Anything by The Real Mackenzies

Snail officially goes on my list of people who rock. :xpulcy: I echo all of these, and the rest, I'll have to investigate. 🙂

Strider and Wildtime's suggestions are excellent of course, as well, for "classic" punk.

anything by Bad Religion

the video below is there new single off there album New Maps Of Hell .... its amazing

but yea anything by Bad Religion

When I say punk, I'm talking the lighter side, NOFX Rancid,Green Day Kerplunk - Nimrod. I haven't listened to this kind of thing in a while,and after spending about 15 minutes of thinking of bands I used to listen to, and only remembering the above three, I was wondering if you guys could make a few suggestions on songs you'd reccomend?

Thanks in advance.

I hate listing songs because I feel there's a whole bunch of suck in any artist's work that needs to be accepted, and it may just suck because it doesnt give the same thrill as the other material they have. for these reasons, I'm sticking to bands

Lagwagon, Pennywise, Ramones, Sex Pistols, The Clash, The Casualties, Blink 182, DRI, Social Distortion, Minor Threat, Dead Kennedies, Rise Against, The Buzzcocks,...........I think these are all pretty reasonable, and overall worth listening to.

Personally dude, I never got around hearing from dudes about what bands were good for what type of music. When I wanted to listen to technical death metal, I may have been given a base pair of bands, and then it was a matter of me picking and choosing what qualities I liked in bands and looking for those same things in the rest of the genre. Hell, I thought "Dying Fetus" was at the top of their game for technicalities. Then I listened to "Brain Drill" which completely blew them out of the water.........the overall point I'm making is with whatever music you decide to listen to, you have to decide and not look for the best options. Googling would have done you more justice if you were looking for a list of notable bands.

oh yeah

lagwagon, propaghandi, no use for a name, guttermouth, and rich kids on lsd.

Dropkick most definately.I would also recommend the Swingin Utters,H20,The Vigilantes(Boston).I havent heard much about The Vigilantes in years but if you can find there CD jump on it.There album ''City Lights That Lead The Way'' may be the best punk album I have ever heard.IMO.In fact,I am going to put it in right now. 😀

Thanks for the replies. A lot of bands I'd forgotten about, and a few that I'd never heard of.

Cheers

Thanks in advance.

Green Day? Punk?

LMFAO!!!!!!

Kid, try some REAL punk.....

The Clash
The Ramones
Descendents
Bad Religion
The Sex Pistols
Dead Kennedys

A short list to be sure, but a good one nevertheless.

theres this one underground punk band I'm really fond of called Lucid Nation

also Offspring is good

The Casualties
7 Year Bitch
Pennywise
Tsunami Bomb
Yeah Yeah Yeahs
Bad Religion
Rancid
26 Beers
4 Skins
Toy Dolls
Transplants
Anti-Flag
Social Distortion
Son of Sam

Green Day? Punk?

LMFAO!!!!!!

Kid, try some REAL punk.....

The Clash
The Ramones
Descendents
Bad Religion
The Sex Pistols
Dead Kennedys

A short list to be sure, but a good one nevertheless.

I knew this would turn into music snobs arguing about what bands are truly punk. Just because a band is mainstream(OMG!) now, doesn't mean they weren't punk. Oh, and if someone makes fun of the post about listening to blink-182 I might lose it.

I'd have to second Suicide Machines, H20, 4 Skins, Propaghandi, Tsunami Bomb and Anti-Flag. I haven't heard to much of the Swinging Utters but I liked the album of their my friend's got.

When you say 'lighter side,' the first band that jumps to my mind is the Briggs. They're these dudes from LA who are incapable of writing a song that you can forget.

What Was I Thinking? - The Briggs

I'm gonna go ahead and plug this badass political Electro-punk outfit called Intro5pect from Cali as well.

Sustainable Yield - Intrpo5pect

And has anyone mentioned Stiff Little Fingers yet?

What's New

9/19/2024
The TMF Archives hold colections of our communities creators work, take a look!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back