• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Puppy Training

Camel26

2nd Level Yellow Feather
My ler just bought our second dog...yesterday...she's beautiful, and little...really little...

She's a 10 week old, 5.5lb Beagle/Boston Terrier mix (a "Boggle")...

My question for the community is, seeing that this is the second dog I've ever lived with and that the first I got at 2 and a half years of age...

Any advice on puppy training? Toileting? Feeding? Toys? Teething? Anything in general?

Being a new mommy is a challenge...any help from seasoned puppy veterans would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Thanks in advance!!!

😛aw: 😱 😛aw: 😱 😛aw:

If she cries at night like most pups do when away from their mother, putting them in a room by themselves with a radio playing quietly or even a clock ticking helps alot. Just some sound so they dont feel all alone. The best puppy food Ive used is purina but it is very expensive as well. The better the food, though, the better the puppy can digest it, meaning fewer accidents as well as more energy. As far as toys go, some pups like them, some dont. Ive had both kinds, and pretty much, a toy is a toy. Most of mine like tennis balls but your pup may be too small. Other than that, always call the pup by its name everytime you "talk" to it so it learn its name faster and thus speeds up training. With toilet training Im at a loss, Ive never had much luck. The main thing I have learned is to let the dog out or put it on paper (whichever you prefer) directly after it eats or drinks. Pups digest very fast so it only takes a few minutes for them to need to go. I have also been told to make the pup go in the same spot, if possible, every time. Anyway, hope I helped in some way. i have five dogs right now and love them all. They are the best pets ever. Ive never seen a "boggle" before but I have a beagle and she is a great dog. Good luck.

training

actually, best thing to do is go to the store and buy a good book, one specifically about beagles would be best as all breeds have specific traits that may require different attention. As for potty training, I find the best thing is to pick up some beagle tracks and put them on the pee pad that you get at the pet store. and then move the pee pad a bit clo9ser to the back door every day. when you see the dog sniffing for a place to pee, ask it if it wants to go outside in an enthusiastic voice, and then open the backdoor. the dog may look at you like a moron for a few times, but pick it up and put it outside when it won't go. that coupled with the pee pad eventually being moved outside, should do the trick.

first off please allow the legendary hollywood brother to congradulate you on a fine addition to your household. As far as training goes, let the dog out every couple of hours and always make a big deal of the dog going to the bathroom outside instead of in the house. secondly you can use dog treats to reward and reinforce good behavior. thirdly just make sure you spend plenty of time with the new dog and allow the new dog to spend time with your other dog. the time will allow the puppy to getused to the other dog and its new life fairly easily.

just out of hollywood brother curiosity how did your wonderful ler pick which dog would be brought home to enhance your and hers life?

Thank you all for your words of wisdom--they are all much appreciated!!!

She's sleeping in my lap right now as I type...too cute!!!

Anyhoo, HB, thank you for the congrats! My ler and I were walking into a pet store to get a toy/treat for our older dog...and she saw this scrawny thing in a display cage...it was miserable--the dog it shared the cage with was eating it's food and beating it up, when all it wanted to do was cuddle...she couldn't take watching this, and asked to play with the dog in one of the designated play areas...once we got her there, she came alive, jumping all over the place, kissing every spot she could reach, and nibbling gently at our fingers...I warned my ler that we were just there to get our pup a treat...but she got teary and said that she couldn't leave her there...and reminded me that we'd been discussing getting a second dog to keep the first one company...so...here we are!!! she's particularly cute...

The other dog won't cuddle with me if she's nearby...he's upset...I'm trying to pet him a lot, and give him alone time with me...but he's going to take a bit of time to adjust...

I feel like we had a baby--we are not getting sleep, and I've got this little thing to look out for all the time...it's insane!!!

I love dogs...especially my babies...

the hollywood brother wants to know how things are going with the new dog for you and your ler and your other dog?

Our eldest is starting to warm up to her...they wrestle...a lot!!! And he growls at her, but they get along better.

She's learning what she can chew and what she can't...she's also slowly getting the point that if she poops in her crate, she's stuck in poop until her mommies get back.

So far, so good...it's hard hearing her cry when I put her in her crate for the night...but I'm getting better. And I'm sleeping better. So, so far so good!!! Thanks for asking!!!

I love my fuzzy babies!!!

What's New

9/18/2024
If you need to report a post, the report button is on the lower left of it.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back