• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Putting Passwords on a folder

Hey all.

I have a slight problem.

I have a 10 year old nephew who occasionally comes round with my niece and I let him go on our computer. Now there's nothing wrong with that, but he's getting older now and he's beginning to learn more and more about computers, and occasionally I find him browsing through my work folders which is now beginning to worry me.

You see I have a folder with ALL my tickling material in and sooner or later he might find it. Luckily i've hidden it quite well (deep within 12 or 13 folders) and I just use a search tool to find it.

But I need to try and stop him from accessing these folders or sooner or later he'll get into a folder where 18+ material is kept.

So my question is: DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO PASSWORD PROTECT FOLDERS?

It's the only way I can stop him from getting into this stuff.

tell him not to go thru yer folders otherwise you'll lock your computer all together

Kunoke: cheers dude! 😀

Goodielover: I tried that, but you know lil 10 year old boys. Sneeky and Mischievous.

*humbly kneels before Kunoke* 🙂
Thank you!

btw the site is : http://www.newsoftwares.net/
I tried out their other software "History Clean" , isn't as good as this program.
I can't believe how neat this is ... I mean it "really" makes the "secret" folder go POOF and meaning REALLY go POOF, not even findable with any "Browse..." menu with "show hidden folders" on... Thanks! 🙂 And it's fast locking & unlocking. Wonderful!

Budweiserbob! said:
Kunoke: cheers dude! 😀

Goodielover: I tried that, but you know lil 10 year old boys. Sneeky and Mischievous.

Then tell their mother that your privacy is bein invaded and you have files related to work or whatever that u cant afford to get messed up

Yes i know theyre ten, hence why i hate people between the ages of 4 to 17, because the excuse it that theyre too young so its ok for them to do whatever

sry

I'm so sorry for taking this back , but I don't like the proggie then again...
Ever tried to uninstall it? It asks like 1000 times "do you REALLY want to uninstall?" and you must uninstall from the program. It takes you to Outlook to "leave a message to the company" and alot of other things I'm not that keen of... a "hook.lg" or whatever file that has the text : "HIDDEN FILE" on the drive C. Well that's all... Those who like it, use it. I'm so sorry for even "opening my mouth" (writing on the keyboard) about changing my mind.

If you use an OS with NT file system, you could lock or hide the folder that way...
Or you could disable the partition, with XP's Computer Manager.

Or you could get an external hd, and put your "sensible" stuff over that, and lock the thing in a safe place.
Be sure to use Tweak it, or a different account, to delete whatever traces might be lying out there.

Oh, or you might show your nephew your stuff, have him develop a mental trauma so he'll stop nosing around...

😀

...or better yet, tell him that each time you catch him viewing any of your folders, you'll tell something very embarrasing about his childhood to his girlfriend/friends.

why can't you add it to a zip archive: password it, but don't select the boxes that ask for compression?

BigNorm said:
...or better yet, tell him that each time you catch him viewing any of your folders, you'll tell something very embarrasing about his childhood to his girlfriend/friends.
Now that's evil.

What's doubly evil is threatening him with telling about his childhood to his future spouse or coworkers...

What's New

9/19/2024
The TMF Archives hold colections of our communities creators work, take a look!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back