• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

R.I.P. Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

alchemy1

TMF Master
Ladies and Gentlemen, the world lost a great man yesterday. Dr. Hunter S. Thompson (aka Raoul Duke) commited suicide after prolonged health problems including a broken leg and hip surgery. For those of you unfamiliar with Doc's work, he wrote numerous articles and books, the most famous of which being "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas" which was addapted into 2 movies: "Where the Buffalo Roam" starring Bill Murry and "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas" starring Johnny Depp and Benicio Del Toro. He was also the inventor of Gonzo Jurnalism which basically was the concept of not waiting for a story to happen, but making it happen. Doc helped put our modern society into perspective by forcing us to question it's laws, rights, religions, and citizens. However, unlike many others who have done the same, Doc not only questioned, but protested, fought and rebeled against anything that he found to be hypocritical and corrupt, and encouraged others to do the same. Doc loved both freedom and America and seemed to be always struggling to take back and live in an America that was free from the tyranny perpetrated by "swine" governing us and living amougst us. Doc was never one to follow others and always carved his own rather extreme path (sometimes violently) through life. Whether you like him or not, you have to conceed that He lived life to the absolute fullest and somehow managed to live through it all. I leave you know with some of my fav quotes by him.

"When the going gets wierd, the wierd turn pro"

"Kill the body and the head will die"

"No point in mentioning those bats, the poor bastard will see them soon enough."

"How often does a chance like that come around? To jangle the bastards right down to their spleens. Old elephants limp off to the hills to die; old Americans go out to the highway and drive themselves to death with huge cars."

"You approach the turnstiles leading to the Circus-Circus and you know that when you get there, you have to give the man two dollars or he won't let you inside...but when you get there, everything goes wrong: you misjudge the distance to the turnstile and slam against it, bounce off and grab hold of an old woman to keep from falling, some angery Rotarian shoves you and you think: What's happening here? What's going on? Then you hear yourself mumbling: 'Dogs f*cked the Pope, no fault of mine. Watch out!...Why money? My name is Brinks; I was born...born? Get sheep over side...women and children to armored car...orders from Captain Zeep.'"

Rest in Peace Doc. You will be missed.
Don't take any guff from those swine in the afterlife!

Attachments

• hunter.jpg
    hunter.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 10
  • Hunter_S__Thompson_m.jpg
    Hunter_S__Thompson_m.jpg
    4 KB · Views: 12
  • fear.jpg
    fear.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 10
  • hst.jpg
    hst.jpg
    4.6 KB · Views: 10
  • fear_and_loathing_2.jpg
    fear_and_loathing_2.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 11
the hollywood brother loved fear and loathing and there was some mexican one he worte about the bario that the hollywood brother liked. the hollywood brother knows he did not put out tons of books but it is still a loss to loss a cultural icon like hunter

What's New

9/21/2024
Visit the TMF Welcome forum and take a second to say hello to us!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back