• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

REAL Professional Wrestling...

Cbarton

2nd Level Yellow Feather
As a University Iowa grad (17 NCAA national championships in freestyle wrestling) I am a fan of the real thing. Not the 'stuntmen in spandex" over in WWE land, but the real thing. However, it is hard to keep up except when the NCAA's and Olympic roll around. I have always dreamed of a real, professional version of freestyle and/or Greco-Roman, but the only wrestling people know of is the WWF/WCW/WWE version.

Well no longer..it has finally happened! I am not joking...

http://www.realprowrestling.com/

I wish I had PAX or FSN so I could see it....

Hey, Hollywood Brother, whatcha gonna do when Rouland Gardner and company comes down on you? 😀

well you see, it like this, the hollywood brother is gonna take his 24 inch tickling pythons and strike ticklish poses until the millions and millions of hollywood brother fans blow the roof off of the arena. The hollywood brother likes the real wrestling but he hates how people think the wwe type is fake. The athletes are as real as the hollywood brother. They train hard, say there prayer and eat there vitamins just like any other real athlete. They perform sometimes 9 or more times a week and they do some very athletic stuff. to say it is all fake is a lie. to ay the stories are scripted and the outcomes predetermined is true according to the hollywood brother but to say the it is all fake and to say thw work that these athletes do is fake is not cool according to the rock and rol ltickle king known as the hollywood brother

well put HB. But we all are entitled to express our opinions and such. I thank kyhawkeye for his insights. Keep up the good work y'all!

WWE wrestling is real in the literal sense, but is of course staged. It has to be because its sports entertainment, and it follows a particular storyline according to what the fans want to see, or what they feel the fans want to see.

The wrestling, performances, physical training, and everything about it is in fact real. Quite literally the only thing that is not are the results of the matches themselves but the performances are no less genuine and real for it. The only other thing they do is execute the moves in such a way that its less of a bodily risk to the other wrestlers. They obviously have to do this to ensure consistant performances from top wrestlers. Obviously if it were not staged and preped people could really get hurt doing the things they do, even more so than in "real" wresting. And people wouldn't want to see their favorite wrestlers out of action for weeks, months, or even years at a time. Even so, these WWE wrestlers get hurt all the time, you just don't hear about it often enough. What they do is not only physically exhausting, but often a hazard in and of itself. Anything could go wrong at any time, and that does add somewhat of a realism factor to what they do.

(IE- When the Undertaker executes a tombstone piledriver, he braces the wrestler's neck with his inner thighs, so the impact doesn't either a- break his neck, b- paralyze him indefinitely, or worse..c- kill him) (maybe its just better that it kills him. No one wants to be a vegitable the rest of their life).

I'm all for college wrestling and olympic wrestling. While I'm not a fan of it particularly it does have it's place as a sport and several WWE wrestlers made their mark this way (Kurt Angle for example, whom is a real olympic gold medalist for wrestling, his style is based heavily in greco-roman wrestling). And the WWE form has it's place as sports entertainment and it gives a physical display of action not seen in regular mat wrestling. The two are similar but different, and appeal to both similar and different crowds. Its the physical display that links the two together as a medium. Thats what people want to see, and both mediums deliver the goods.

Basically, its like choosing to read a fiction or non-fiction book. Eiether way, its still a book and is just as enjoyable as the other.

Last edited:
the hollywood brother likes what you said. it is very well stated and the facts on there speak for themselves. the hollywood brother got to give you two thumbs up for your post brother

Agreed to all above. I enjoy watching WWE every so often, and respect the athletic ability of those in it. I loved the old AWA, becasue Verne Gange would highlight and promote the Olympic Squads every time the Summer Games rolled around. Many of the start so the past and current (Engle, Bret Hart, Curt Henning)

I just hope this new group succeeds, so that the smaller wieght bracket guys can have a shot at some pro sports fame and exposure.

Afterall, teh next WWE Light-Heavyweight Champ (if they still have that belt) has to come frm somewhere....

@ Hollywood Brother- Thanks, I guess.

@ Hawkeye- Yes, most definitely. You'll notice alot of the talent in this business have amateur background or college-level training and skills of some kind. Its quite evident in their styles, the ones with the more technical moves, that is.

College wrestling is very important and essential to expand the pool of possible candidates for Vince McMahon and his people to set their sights on. It also insures a better breed of wrestler, ones who can be reigned into the business and find a niche with the mat skills they already have.

But the WWE need not be the only choice available. Any group, business, or league that could benefit as a stand alone effort should definitely try it out.

The WWE is in the business of telling a story and using wrestling as the prop, making for a business with much broader career opportunities later. Look at some of the wrestlers on the shows, they're out on tv, making special guest appearances and staring in movies. Its been this way for a long time.

So one looking to get into wrestling period has an option. They can wrestle just for the sake of wrestling as a sport and passtime which is completely fine and necessary, or they can look to the WWE and such businesses in an attempt to make something more with that talent and skill and expand it into other self-developing roles and areas.

While this is common knowledge, it bares repeating.

It also bares repeating that not much would be possible, believable, or stable without real, qualified wrestlers and talent. So college wrestling is necessary, as it (more often than not) provides the talent with some experience under their belt. Without the candidates there are no wrestlers, without the wrestlers there is no business. Almost every aspect is dependant on the colleges and what type of folks they're pumping out.

Last edited:
The only thing thats "Fake" on pro wrestlin is the outcome is pre determined.

The injuries and shortened lifespans due to it and whatnot are real.

What's New

9/19/2024
The TMF Archives hold colections of our communities creators work, take a look!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back